Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon all. I love the photograph of the stag burnie, they look so regal. I often watch Red Kite on the moors when I am out fishing and they seem huge from a distance but I have never seen one close up.
    Bit of a catastrophe for me this morning.I ordered a new baffle plate and a new rear firebrick for my wood burner which I fitted this morning. Unfortunately one of the side firebricks broke in half while fitting other, so now I need a side fire brick as well. I 'glued' it together with fire cement temporarily so at least I can still use the woodburner.

I seem to have got the bug for pie making lately so the wet weather allows me to make some more.

TTFN
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning not rain yet thats due this afternoon, not like yesterdays all day rain that wasn't a good day to be out and about.

Snadger MrPots says you can buy a slab of vermiculite board and cut your own fire bricks to size.

Chutney making today thats after I've picked some apples.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        Morning not rain yet thats due this afternoon, not like yesterdays all day rain that wasn't a good day to be out and about.

Snadger MrPots says you can buy a slab of vermiculite board and cut your own fire bricks to size.

Chutney making today thats after I've picked some apples.
        Thanks Bren. I have a vermiculite backing for my gas fire in the other room and it does seem very soft compared to the clay firebricks in the woodburner. I can buy the vermiculite versions very cheaply but with the battering my woodburner gets (ie logs being wedged into it) I doubt they would last long?
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning, proper dark and dank here today, not cold though, it's still raining, but not as fierce as yesterday, not been into the garden yet, but no damage spotted from the kitchen window, stay safe warm and dry all.

Comment

• Morning All Dull here but not raining yet. Pan's on. Have a lovely Sunday
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all, rain, rain, rain!!
              Have a great day whatever the weather!! x
              sigpic

Comment

• Good day all.
                It's been raining for hours now and still no end to it.
                A definite indoor day.
                Enjoy your Sunday especially if you can get out in the garden.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all. Finally it's looking brighter outside though still drizzly. Nipped out in the rain to pick squash and beans for lunch, and raspberries for a Pavlova dessert. Have a lovely day all.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

been busy in the kitchen!
                    we’ve frozen about half of the remaining outdoor tomatoes and some windfall apples... and I have prepared a roast pork Sunday lunch - just waiting for the pud to finish cooking then I’ll pop the meat in
                    ight not sound very exciting to you but it has crackling on it!!! Can’t buy it with crackling on over here so I brought this back from the UK in February.
                    Snoop-does yours come with skin already removed?

pudding is a new recipe do I hope it works or!
                    Basically it’s like a lemon pudding with that jellied bottom and light cake on top but this one is with chocolate instead of lemon . It’ll get eaten whatever it turns out like tbh... loads of cream, butter,chocolate, eggs and sugar!
                    its weigh in tomorrow and I’ve been really careful this week having put on a pound last week
                    So... te he... I weighed myself this morning instead!!’n

right... back to the kitchen-it’s perfect kite flying weather here!

see ya later peeps - enjoy your day
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon it’s been sunny till now but it dull and feels like rains on its way. I’ve picked apples raspberries, runners and lettuce I think that’s all I need today. I hate picking veg in the rain.

Comment

• Afternoon,

Had to put my allotment on hold for a while I self isolate for 10 days. On day 9 today. Got tested positive last week. Was really ill for 2 days. I feel fine now. Hope to get to the allotment at the weekend when my OH can come out of isolation, he has to isolate for 14days.

While I've been off I've been sewing baby bibs for my sister who is due in Feb 2021. Can't wait to meet my nephew.

Hope your all well and having a good day
                        Carrie

Comment

• The weather today is far nicer than the forecast. A couple of showers but nothing like yesterday's torrents. The sun has even peeped out on a few occasions. The allotment is soggy underfoot however. The courgettes are still giving a few but on their last legs now I fear. My sister called round so we shared them and she also took a bucket of apples, some cucumbers, green chillies, pears and an uchiki kuri squash.

Comment

• Hasn't rained here yet but it's very dark. I've been stewing more apples and there are many more still. My son is going to cut it back hard this month. Granddaughter in her third year has gone back to Uni in Sheffield and tested positive for Covid. She thankfully was not too ill and has got her taste and smell back. It makes you wonder if it's all too soon. Our Grandson has started his first year in Medicine so we hope he escapes it. I'm glad to work part of the week from home. Stay safe everyone
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening its rained here of and on since lunchtime just stopped this half hour ago I didn't get much else done in the garden apart form fruit picking found plenty to do indoors though.

Greenishfing I think my courgettes are also coming to an end, they're still under fleece I'm hoping they'll continue to grow to a usable size.

Comment

• Good night all.
                                Absolutely nothing garden related done today.
                                It rained solidly until about 4 o'clock this evening
                                Just had a lazy day doing bits and Bob's.
                                Stay safe all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...