• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamb hotpot ?....oh yum Flo!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, all.

Very chilly this morning, though evidently not as chilly as where Burnie is. Cold wind blowing a gale and sending everything flying.

Didn't have a very productive day yesterday in the end so better do more today. Hope you enjoyed the lamb hotpot, FF. Your cakes sound nice, Nicos.

Catch you all later. Stay safe and have a good day.

Comment

• Morning a bit windy today but it always sounds wilder hearing it howling in the chimneys.

I've not made Lamb hotpot for years usually just stick to either beef or sausage must really make one again sometime, you've got me thinking of them Flo ..

Have a good day.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
          we've had a wet and windy night...which has shredded the fleece over the tomatoes It's pretty old and we have high UV damage to plastics here so it was expected.
          The central heating bloke has arrived which is brill - I'll be using it tonight!!

interestingly my friend who lives in northern Sweden is having hotter weather than us today and they've already had snow flurries and frosts over the last couple of weeks . Bizzare weather eh?

Bren...what size do you make your dishcloths? I'm thinking of making a few of various sizes and thicknesses. What works best for you?

Time for a brew...I've left a slice of each cake for you Snoop...you're welcome!

Comment

• Wild and windy here too but the sun has just come out. I doubt that it will stay for long but at least it is cheering me up for now.
            I will take a trip to the allotment later but I don't know if any work will get done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Bren...what size do you make your dishcloths? I'm thinking of making a few of various sizes and thicknesses. What works best for you?
              Nicos mine come out at around 8 to 10 inch sq depending on what yarn I use, and its knitted on the diagonal so its easy to alter the finished size.

Here's a link to the pattern

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/lib...-nais-favorite
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, we have a breeze from the north this morning and despite the sun it does feel quite cold, glad I finished painting the shed, summerhouse and front fence, I can look out of the window with a clear conscience today lol. Stay safe and enjoy the day.

Comment

• Good morning.
                  Bright sunshine but no breeze for us.
                  Visit to the doctor this morning.
                  I may do a little gardening this afternoon.
                  All this talk about knitting has me resurrecting my knitting needles.
                  hope all have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Thanks Bren...nice pattern!

what are you going to knit Bramble?

Normally I'd be crafting for Xmas Fairs by now, so it's lovely to be 'fiddling' with something different for MEEEE for a change!

Comment

• Afternoon all, late today, just having a lazy Friday!!

it’s a lovely sunny but chilly day again, love autumn. Hoping to get some walks in this weekend.

Have a great day everyone. x
                      sigpic

Comment

• Evening All I'm sure I work harder when working from home! Has blown a gale here all day but bright sunshine. Hot Pot was lush, such a nice change and so easy. We had Yorkshire pudding to counteract the Lancashire influence
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all. Very bright here today. I think the wind must have blown away any cloud within a hundred miles of us! Amazingly windy out there.

Saturday but more of the same for me. Yesterday was a good day and I guess today will be the same pretty much.

Love the Yorkshire to counter the Lancashire, FF. Mr Snoop is a Yorkshireman, me I'm from the West Country. The other day, he asked me to repeat something because apparently I'd said it in a proper Yorkshire way. Perhaps I do need to start talking to other people after all.

Right, on with the show. Kettle's on and those biscuits over there are cherry and nut cookies from the Helen Thomas book Mothhawk recommended. I don't usually make puds but when the friend up the valley comes over, I feel a bit obliged to. By way of a change, and because it's miles easier, pud is now some biscuits and a cup of camomile. Everyone's happy.

Catch you later, guys. Have a good one.

Comment

• Morning, bright but very windy, clear blue skies but cold, chance of Aurora this weekend I'm told, not sure if it will visible from the mainland though. Off to Aberdeenshire to get our meat from the farm, enjoy your day and keep safe.

Comment

• Morning. Down to 4C here overnight after a very windy evening , but sunny now. Better cut the grass if it warms up a bit.
                              Have a good day all.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                                Lovely start to the day here too with just a light wind ...but deffo pretty brrrrr!!!

Frustratingly we still have no central heating.
                                One part needs replacing in the boiler
                                We seem to be burning money left right and centre...pah.
                                At least the radiator got fitted.

I've loads of windfalls to freeze down after yesterday's heavy rains and strong winds...I guess I'll be nice and warm is a lovely smelling kitchen!
                                I think that's one of my 'comfort food' scents reminding me of my granny's house when she made apple steamed pudding and custard...everyone's favourite!

I spotted an advert the other day...would you like to know that you can apparently buy tomato scented candles?????
                                ha ha ha!... would never have even thought about that but the real thing us fantastic. Not a fan of scented candies though tbh.

Enjoy your weekend peeps ...keep safe !

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X