Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I left some Fushias out in pots, cold has nipped them so they are in the greenhouse now, I put a max/min thermometer in the new double glazed cold frame, 10 degrees, that's double what the greenhouse was, so that will be interesting to watch over the winter, maybe it's a cool frame rather than a cold one lol.

Comment

• Good morning all.
      The temp is down to 9 degs but its dry.
      it lashed rain overnight do a dry day on the cards.
      A visit to the hardware store this morning as hubby needs some bits and bobs.
      The winter duvet went back on our bed as well, hate the thoughts of the colder weather.
      Off out to the park for my walk.
      Have a good day and take care.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, haven’t been on for a while. Updated my phone to new iOS 14 software and it wiped everything off my phone!! Contacts, messages and precious photos. My son took it to the A**le store where they got it working again but everything was lost...then he says it’s a known problem!!! Then why the heck are you allowing people to download the thing! Angry was not the word to describe how I feel. So be warned when downloading this!
        Anyhoo, hope you are all well. I’m off for a catch up, see you later. x
        sigpic

Comment

• Sounds like some of these software people are nowhere near as clever as they like to think they are, just look at the forum upgrade lol.

Comment

• The worst of all is talking to a "digital assistant" a.k.a a robot. I don't think my Yorkshire accent is that strong but it is obviously beyond the comprehension of a digital assistant. Just spent half an hour on the verge of pulling my hair out.

Comment

• Evening all!
              I've not been around for a while and I miss this place.

Mrs H decided a couple of months ago that we would have to follow the children and relocate up to the Manchester area. So I've been busy getting the house sorted out ready to sell and kind of lost interest in the garden knowing that this will be the last season.

But now I'm starting to dream about maybe starting all over again with a bigger garden that I can grow lots more flowers and veg in. It will be my fourth attempt so maybe I'll do it better this time. Meanwhile the old garden looks really good in the estate agent photos and it's nice to feel the enthusiasm returning again. House-, or rather garden-hunting starts in earnest next week so wish me luck!

Hope you've all been behaving while I was away...
              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Pre-mornin n'alln'all
                lovely to see you both Jay and Martin!

Jay...my OH is having problems following his upgrade yesterday ( phone -not him personally)
                Thanks for the warning -its good to know he's not the only one.

Martin!... wow...new house/ new garden...exciting times
                I look forward to following your progress

I did a great food shop yesterday - hopefully won't need to go out for anything now for at least 2-3 weeks. Feels good to be stocked up fully.

Oh and Snoop/Bren , I grabbed some crochet cotton so I can crochet some washing up cloths. I would have knitted but it's so fine it needs 3 balls on the go and I'm sure to struggle with the 3 threads all at once. Impulse purchase ...having talked about cotton...

More sleep ....( Hibou is tucked up on the bed....oh how tempted am I to wake her up just for the fun of it )

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all. Another drizzly one and cool too. The heating came on this morning, first time since the summer. I decided the hardy fuchsia was too much of a fight to try and get it back upright again after the wind/rain beat it down, so I've been outside pruning it back, and the garden looks miles better for it.
                  Time to get out the woolly jumpers now methinks!
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning, was cool overnight I fleeced my courgettes hoping that the last few carry on growing.

Good luck with your house sale and purchase Martin exciting times ahead for you all.

Nicos I never did master crochet tried a few times I just can't follow a pattern and there are some nice ones. Have to ask did you poke Hibou
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, lovely to see you Martin and best of everything for the house selling and buying!
                      Its a beautiful but chilly day today, I’ve had to put the heating on for a bit! Autumn has definitely arrived.
                      Hope you are all coping with the new restrictions...is it ever going to get better!
                      On that happy note have a great day. x
                      sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        Cold and wet here, it is definitely autumn.
                        It will definitely be a domestics day.

Martin, best of luck with the move.
                        Lovely to be starting out with a new garden.

Have a good day all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all. Not sure where the morning went.

Good to see you back, Martin. Good luck with the garden and house hunting.

Nice to see you too, Jay. Losing photos is awful. I used to have a Mac Mini. It got served an update for the wrong operating system. You'd never think such a thing was possible. My brother is a Mac expert and he worked it out somehow. Even though he fixed it and I managed to retrieve most of the data, I never really trusted Apple thereafter. Shame, because I loved that little computer.

Mr Snoop has gone out to the local shops today. The first real shop in three weeks. Still need to go to the 'big' shops some time next week to restock the freezer but even this small amount of shopping will feel like Christmas. Surprising how much life seems to have shrunk, but still managing to count my blessings and feel reasonably contented. Hope you guys are holding up after the latest round of announcements in the UK.

More busy, busy again, so better get a move on. Catch you later. Have a good one meanwhile.

Comment

• Horrible, cold and rainy here. I even dragged the hot water bottles out of retirement last night. I called at the allotment this morning and picked tomatoes, cucumbers and apples to add to the pasta bakes and lemon curd I was delivering. The courgettes are now slowing right down but I did grab a couple for me. I think I'll make some more Indian chutney later.

Comment

• Prevening All Sunny here but cold. Heating on and a lamb hot pot in the oven, definitely feeling Autumnal! Hi Martin, good luck and hello Jay. I had a shopping delivery this morning, so stocked up but only for a week, the freezer is full of apples!
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evenin n'all

brrr...we had thunder and lightening all afternoon with hailstones.
                                Lit the fire at 5pm.
                                Winter duvet on bed
                                Made a balackcurrant Bakewell tart and a Dorset apple cake just to keep warm!
                                ...cant wait for the central heating guy to come tomorrow and fit the radiator and service the boiler so I can get the heating on to keep the chill off the house.

Today I also made the first cotton dishcloth of the winter.

And yes Bren...of course I poked Hibou......Then gave her a few Dreamies cos I felt guilty
                                Last edited by Nicos; 24-09-2020, 08:26 PM.
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X