Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had two problems knitting with cotton. One was that if you knit something with welts you don't get elasticity in them, the other was the yarn I used was sort of twisted and I couldn't knit at my normal speed as it kept wanting to split.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
      I had two problems knitting with cotton. One was that if you knit something with welts you don't get elasticity in them, the other was the yarn I used was sort of twisted and I couldn't knit at my normal speed as it kept wanting to split.
      Afternoon been out shopping now I’m sat in the garden again shame not to when it’s this sunny.
      I’ve found that as well with the welts but usually I got around that by having scalloped edgings. My all time fave was a fairisle I wore it out in the end. Only really knit a dishcloths now just a few each year.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I usually knit poppies at this time of year, makes a bit of money for the Legion, but I haven't started yet. One more day to do at work this week, will then work from home, which I must admit feels safer.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening n'alln'all

Very long day but we got most of the things we needed thanks.
          One thing we really needed was a special doormat. Typically it was out of stock ( on a roll and cut to length and an unusual dimension) It may be in stock in a couple of weeks so fingers crossed it is as it's to get set into the wooden floor which is hopefully going down within the next 4 weeks.
          We struggled to find some other things but hopefully will find something similar on line.
          We did however spot a flooring perfect for our bedroom and it's on offer for another 3 weeks. We have to dig out part of the bedroom floor as it's collapsing through the lounge ceiling!!!
          (Always another major job to fix before finishing another eh????)

We dropped off both bikes for a service whilst we were there and they are fine now.

A quick nip into Ikea to get some net curtains ( and the obligatory candles and orchids!)
          There was hardly anyone in the main shop as it was lunchtime and they were all in the restaurent. No queuing at the tills either -so that was great.

Everyone wore masks but I took a tin of Dettol and sprayed everything!!! Paranoid? Moi????
          The best bit was the long soapy bath when I got home and chucked everything I wore in the washing machine.

We are a low risk area but a city is a city eh?

As for knitting cotton....I was given a tip to help keep welts stretchy was to knit into the back of the stitch, in effect twisting it.
          Not tried it with cotton, but it certainly works with wool

Right...time to crash out
          see you in the morn peeps!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Feels a bit cooler, but I may have been influenced by the weather forecast. Hi Ho, have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Goodness, Nicos. You had a busy day yesterday. Puts me to shame. I did a load of work and then I settled into my latest book delivery, Bread by Jeffrey Hamelman. The knitting idea will be returning to the back boiler, as I clearly have a lot more to learn about bread. So, this autumn and winter's mission: carry on improving my breadmaking and get to grips with biscuits and stuffed pasta. That and get the veg patch in fine fettle for next year, sort out some drainage channels and get some fruit trees in.

Feeling quite jolly at the moment. Crisp mornings help and the dogs are a lot more active now the temperatures are dropping. Hard to be morose with lively, tail-wagging dogs around.

Put the winter quilt on the bed last night. Feet not happy about the weight, but the rest of me was glad of the extra warmth.

Yet more busy-busy to be getting on with.

Hope you all have lovely days. Catch you later.

Comment

• The weather doesn't look very nice at the moment. It is raining. I can hear my husband having a smashing time in the kitchen. I'm going to have to buy some new dishes and plates soon. If the weather stays like this I might make more Indian chutney and lemon curd today.

Comment

• Morning, it was a warm 14.5c in my GH overnight bit of a surprise seeing how cool its been in there the past few nights. Toms are still ripening cuc's have a few left on to grow but I've taken the chilli plants in doors
                  It looks like rain here for the rest of the day so I'll be indoors juicing, dehydrating and stewing apples.

Snoop we put our winter quilt on the other week it did seem a bit early at the time but like you say if its needed.

Be safe and enjoy the day.

Comment

• Morning everyone. Drizzly here at the moment and definitely cooler outside.

Have a good day all.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Deffo cooler and windier here today.
                      Last night we were back to closing the bedroom window. We had a really heavy downpour in the early hours so I'll be able to start weeding the rest of the Forth Bridge ( aka the driveway )

I'm going to have to go and do a big shop today as we've actually run out of dome basics. Not looking forward to that at all. Twice in two days to be mixing with people is a bit much for me tbh...so this shop will have to last 3 weeks ....

Domestics first though now I've had my brew.
                      Might change yo the winter duvet today too...good call.

See ya later!

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                        Morning everyone. Drizzly here at the moment and definitely cooler outside.

Have a good day all.
                        ^^^^^^^^^Same here. Good morning everyone.

Was intending an allotment but it looks like an indoors day doing summat with the courgette,tomato and apple mountain.
                        Managed to get some apples pealed cored and par cooked yesterday. Four portions now in the freezer. What a boring job that was but Classic FM in th background helped

. Woodburner lit, dog to take for a walk then I will make a start.

TTFN

My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning, summers back, glorious sunshine, sure that is not forecast, off to make the most of it as I doubt it will last. Look out Wednesday, here I come.

p.s. first frost of the year and 5 degrees inside the greenhouse, good job the tomatoes and chillies are almost done for the year
                          Last edited by burnie; 23-09-2020, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Woodburner sounds like a good idea Snadge.
                            We have no central heating at the moment as we're waiting for the plumber to come to fit a new radiator and then survive the boiler. (He took the old radiator off a couple of weeks ago so we could renovate the wall behind it )
                            Might light it early and use the oven part ...!

Comment

• Off shopping now-anything I can get in for anyone whilst I'm out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                                Was intending an allotment but it looks like an indoors day doing summat with the courgette,tomato and apple mountain.
                                Managed to get some apples pealed cored and par cooked yesterday. Four portions now in the freezer. What a boring job that was but Classic FM in th background helped
                                Snadger you want a 'apple peeler corer slicer' they soon get the job done have a look at videos on youtube.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X