Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon again a warm day, taking it easy just a wee bit here and there cleared a bit of path and stacked some brick, also lifted my onions and set them out to dry in the greenhouse, then cleared the bed they were in of weeds and have raked it level now wondering what I could put in it, I also removed some lilies as they are showing signs of rust? Will need to see what I can do about that as I have over 50 in the garden and having this problem I doubt if I will be planting any tulips this year, I also think I have solved my seed storage problem, but will let you know how it works once I give it a try, right off to make the tea, enjoy your evening and keep safe
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Good evening all.
      What a beautiful day it was.
      Sunshine and good company.
      53 ladies played pitch and putt today and it was great to have a bit of social activity.

Nicos, yes, I really need to have a look at baking utensils and get back into the swing of things.
      Strange how you can get out of the habit and let things slide.

Burnie, my daughter also goes out with the bat detector, she finds bats very interesting.

Anyway, have a good evening all and take care.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

evening all,lovely it being cooler,painting coming on,fairy came again today,she done me good,i just gotta finish some bits,then i can dress the room and smile even more ,am really pleased not only to have a major help,but company as well,hope everyone is well,i will say sweet dreams,MR is already tucked up,he looks tireder and tireder,like he running out of steam bless him,now it's my turn to site and chill as they say,everything else can wait until the morrow,catch you tomoz
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Evening, I’m another bat watcher there’s usually a couple flying around our garden especially this time of year. I do lot watching them.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

A bright good morning all.

It's raining here so finally things will start growing properly again in the garden instead of just marking time. The only things that have been doing well are the runner beans, because I've been watering them from the water butt. Everything else has had to make do.

Now it's cooler I can have the oven on do some batch baking.

Have a happy Sunday, everyone.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

Good Morning All Raining here too. Pan's on. Have a lovely Sunday
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Morning all.

Bright outside and temps are still high during the day but definitely a feeling of autumn today again this morning.

Our new garage is waiting for a big front door and we keep the back door open for a through breeze. Bats love it. Unfortunately, the best roosting spot is just above where my kitchen area is in there and I can't move the kitchen now due to chimney. Still, lovely to see them. Last night we had quite a few geckos on the ceiling too, catching flying bugs that got too close. The cat who joined us was very interested in the geckos, but no chance of catching them, fortunately. I'm a big gecko fan.

As for today, bit of paid work, bit of tidying up, possibly some more baking. There's a gaping hole in the freezer that needs filling. Mr Snoop has gone shopping this morning in the hope that early Sunday morning won't be a popular time. It's a bit weird for me being the cook but not doing the shopping. Plus, he likes having a list and if the shop doesn't have what's on the list, it isn't always obvious to him what else might do instead. Anyway, doubtless it'll all be good.

Right, where to start, paid work or tidying up? Neither are very appealing but both need doing. Doubtless Mr Snoop would be glad if I tidied up, so better start there.

Have a good one everyone. Catch you later. Oh, and Bramble, a good bun is a thing of joy I reckon.

Comment

It's raining. I might be able to pull some weeds up soon. At the moment its as if they're concreted in. I don't think a lot will happen at the allotment today so maybe a trip to the supermarket. The fridge is looking decidedly empty.
                  My sister called round at the allotment yesterday. I hadn't seen her for a couple of weeks. We did swopsies. Of course she got given a mini-mountain of courgettes. Evidently she's already tried the courgette curry recipe and is impressed. Pakistani Zucchini (Courgette) Curry | Toriyan (Torai ki Sabzi) - teaforturmeric https://www.teaforturmeric.com/pakis...orai-ki-sabzi/
                  Ever since somebody on here mentioned lemon curd roulade the idea of it has been lodged in my brain so I must make sure lemons, butter and sugar and cream go on the shopping list. I've got plenty eggs.

Comment

Morning,a drop of rain has been had here,still very muggy ,was in bed by 9.30,and slept well,still feel tired,must finish that room today,just odds and sods as they say,they seem to take a bit longer,thank goodness for quick drying paint,without that smell ,break over back to work,slow but shore snail ,have a good day and stay safe
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Good day all.
                      A dull and depressing looking day.
                      Dull and grey heavy sky and not a sign of the sun.
                      Think I will read the papers and hope the day improves.
                      Have a good one all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Still raining here. It has never stopped all day. Enough now!! I did my shopping earlier. Just mixed a Yorkshire pudding for later. I think I'll make some lemon curd next.

Comment

Just come back from a picnic in the middle of nowhere!
                          It was SUCH a lovely change
                          Looks like we had the perfect weather too..sun and a warm breeze.
                          We were next to a clover field -I'm presuming it was being grown as a green manure-but it was filled with flowers and loads and loads of butterflies. Couldn't get close enough to see clearly but they looked like cabbage whites
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Lovely day. Not to warm and a bit muggy. I did some household drudgery and a bit of weed pulling then went to a friends for the afternoon.

Her OH, who has his own flat, had a new boiler installed last week. I don’t know what was wrong with the old one but it was deemed uneconomical to repair it. He lives in HA accommodation. Anyway, he oversaw the replacement and the engineer said “Right, time to see if it works. Can I have your broadband password, please”. My friend tells him he doesn’t have broadband. Engineer asks how he connects his computer to the internet. Does he use a neighbours WiFi? No, says my friend. I haven’t got a computer and I wouldn’t know how to use one. E. But you have a Smart TV. MF. Yes but I just use Freeview through the communal cable. E. I think we have a problem.

So all the smart arty farty programming is useless and the boiler has to be controlled manually with the options of on or off, and adjustments to temperature.

"I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                            Oxfordshire

Comment

Good Morning All it's very dark, not sure what the weather's like yet! Hi Ho. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Good morning Flo and all. Yes, I had to put the light on this morning when I got up. Suddenly the early mornings are dark and you know the daylight hours are getting shorter - autumn approaches!

It's overcast here, with the kind of drizzle that I would call a sea fret if I lived by the coast - you can't actually see rain falling, but you get wet anyway. The garden looks totally refreshed.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X