X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Misty and dull here and just 15 degs.
    It's a good dsy for painting as it will be cool enough in the conservatory.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning n'alln'all
      Still very hot and humid here.
      We've moved into one of our gites so we sort of feel like we're on holiday
      Makes a nice change I have to say. Hibou was very hesitant to enter as she knows she's not been allowed in for months, but she's enjoying finding new places to sleep under/on/inside. Must be nice to be a cat!

Snoop - we've had similar problems here.
      We won't go to anyone else's house and have had one couple here but outdoors for 1hr and insisted they had to wear masks throughout....bring their own glasses and booze too !
      They were not happy about it as they felt like we were treating them like they were plague carriers.
      But they agreed and we had a lovely hour catching up on stuff.
      True friends wouldn't risk putting you at risk. If they don't care then they are not real friends.

We have a sign on our door asking peeps to wear masks .(not that we have many peeps knocking tbh)
      No mask and they can't come in.
      We tend to keep some next to the front door , but I prefer to go outside to speak with them(wearing a mask) if I need to.

Neither of us dare risk catching it.
      I know some peeps only get mild symptoms but we have a young friend who has been really ill with it since March. It would be just our luck to react in the same way...or worse.
      I don't want to be a widow for the sake of not 'offending' someone.
      Its Russian Roulette as far as I'm concerned -with too many people not understanding the rules.

Sorry to sound very negative but I'm not actually feeling negative -just very focussed on what's right for us as things are at the moment.

So...moving on.......today I have started dieting again.
      All this homemade bread has had an interesting effect on my waistline

Enjoy your day peeps -see ya later!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good strategy, Nicos. Looks like I might actually have managed to deter the visitors up the valley. They arrived Sunday night and the only contact we've had so far is via walkie talkie. One of the sons has a birthday Wednesday, and we'll go to them for a very socially distanced piece of birthday cake that I'll make at her request. It'll be a cheesecake in a rectangle, so I can cut two slices off for us beforehand and the rest won't look too weird. Only problem is a thunderstorm looks very likely and neither of us will want to go inside their place. But at least we have a plan.

Comment

• We're hoping to watch the meteors tonight -it's supposed to be the peak night for seeing them.
          Firepit...lovely glass of...water...whatcha bet it's cloudy?

We do have a few clouds and I excitedly counted 23 splodges of rain hit the window , then watched them all evaporate within 2 minutes!!!!

Cheesecake sounds lovely Snoop -very hard to buy them here, so I generally have to make my own.

Comment

• Afternoon all, been making the most of the morning as thunderstorms are forecast later and looking at the sky, they might have got it right for a change, take care and enjoy what's left of the day.

Comment

• Afternoon,same weather here,nice and peaceful still ,want to do something but,to hot yet cannot switch off and sleep,well done Snoop and Nicos,respect is so simple eh and costs nothing,stay safe
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• You too Lottie

Comment

• Gardener has been and has cut all the grass. He's cleared the patio of weeds and it looks great, but it's too hot to sit outside. The grass looks good too, but it's highlighted how sad the raised beds look, covered in weeds. Oh well, there's always next year God willing. Himself had cramp in both legs this morning and fell off the bed. He managed to get up eventually, but I couldn't help him. He's pretty sore now, but mobile. Good job I'm on leave. Youngest of the Golden Girls is 18 on Friday. No party, even from a distance You're doing the right thing Snoop. Stay safe
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Cheesecake sounds lovely Snoop -very hard to buy them here, so I generally have to make my own.
                    I'm making half of this. https://food52.com/recipes/39622-nig...lla-cheesecake

No eggs, so you can't use any up, I'm afraid, but no need for an oven, so that's a bonus. It's the choclatiest thing I know. It's always popular with kids. But amazingly rich. A small portion will do, and just as well probably. No good if you're on a diet...

Comment

• Oh yum snoop!
                      I’ve bookmarked it for another time - thankyou!

we’re in the middle of a thunderstorm so I'm going to have to turn the router off...the drop in temp and rainfall is much needed!

Comment

• Good evening all.The temp never got above 18 degs here today.
                        Not a sign of the sun, just dull and misty.
                        Another day spent painting, tired but very happy with the result.
                        Stay safe all and have a good evening.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Sitting in the garden at dusk and felt something on my neck. Went to brush it off assuming it was a mossie and I feel a 'ping'

Not sure I was expecting to find this boing-y thing jump onto my thumb.

Or stay here for what has now been 5 minutes

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200811_210955.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	2506535
                          Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

To finally be able to celebrate our recent rainfall and drop in temperature I'm leaving breakfast trays outside your rooms. ...enjoy

Shortie-it looks like a type of cricket to me (long antennae and stumpy body) not sure though.

So much for my plans to sit out and watch the meteor shower....we've had cloud, rain and or thunder and lightning ever since yesterday evening.
                            Cant complain cos the garden has been utterly desperate for rain. Funnily enough the brown crispy lawn is glowing orange in the morning light... -looks lovely!

No plans for today as yet -more dieting though

See ya later!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Shortie-it looks like a type of cricket to me (long antennae and stumpy body) not sure though.
                              It looks comfy sat on your thumb whatever it was.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Common field cricket or Snowy tree cricket Bren? Toby? Good Morning All Hot and sunny here. Apparently there's been a storm early hours but we didn't hear it! Have a good day All
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X