This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Dull and much cooler today so Imam going to paint the conservatory.
    That should keep me going for the day.

Snoop, dont be afraid to speak up we all must do what we can to protect

Snadge, another vote here to add apples to the cherries.

Have a good day all and take care.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I rang the podiatrist when they opened. My husband was already on their list for an appointment but he now says his feet are waking him up in the night. The girl agreed that yes he was on the list but they were booked solid for the rest of this month with people who had had their appointments cancelled by the lockdown.....and then, guess what, while I was on the phone, they got a cancellation. Not for 2 weeks but light at the end of the tunnel.
      When I go out first job is to drop off some pasta bake for family/friends and then to the allotment. A warm day on the cards.

Comment

• Good morning dull but dry for now, was out earlier and decided to move my onions into the greenhouse as rain is
        forcasted for later and the wind is starting to get up now so just a quick note here then out as I can feel a bit of housework needing done coming on
        Snoop you would not be rude telling someone to avoid contact just now after all it could be life or death
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all,gona be hot again,
          Snoop if talking is falling on deaf ears,put big notice on your entrance,like peeps have about cold callers ext,it can be put very nicely,to the point,and saves you getting wound up,only if after still not complying,give em hell,why do people HAVE to invade our space,your home/your choice,
          Getting hair cut sometime today at home,then it's dip time for a new look bonce,nothing planed,just as it comes and what i feel like,have a good day,stay safe
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I'm not sure what has happened to some people during the lockdown, since when does anyone have a right to tell you what you have to do? Someone told us we have to "get used to it" (covid) and start mixing with people, telling us they will come round to our house, when I said they could talk through the closed window as we won't be opening the door to them, they didn't seem to like that, they haven't been round.

Comment

• Thanks for all the comments, guys. They've come from a part of Spain with some of the worst figures for recent outbreaks, plus her husband is a tour guide, so meets people from all over. I guess I should just see it as Burnie suggests: it's rude to force yourself on someone who doesn't want close contact. So if that's rude, I can be rude back if necessary.

Comment

• Afternoon all. Tooooo hot!

Snoop, if your so called friends have no respect for your health and well-being and no sympathy for your worries and concerns about covid, they are not good friends and evidently have skins of rhinoceros hide, so if you need to be blunt, just do it.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• I took an old (in his 90's) friend of my husband's some of the pasta bake I made yesterday and he asked if it was okay to visit us yet. I told him we weren't having visitors at home yet but I was more than happy for him to visit us outdoors at the allotment. He was really happy with that but some people are just too pushy.

Comment

• No need to make enemies, I just say that I make my own decisions and this is one of them, people have to learn to respect the fact others opinions may differ.

Comment

• Good evening the forecasted rain is just starting here now and though there wasn't much sunshine today it has been comfortable I moved the onions I had drying into the greenhouse I have been growing three different types of onions some from seed, some normal sets and heat treated sets and so far the only ones that have shot are the ones from seed, not what I expected, actually I am going to post on the vegging out forum catch you later
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
                        No,gardening today just paintinngl
                        I couldn't have picked a better day to paint the conservatory.
                        It was dull at the start of the day and it rained all afternoon.
                        Painted all the walls but need to do the shelving tomorrow.
                        Pretty shattered now, up and down the ladder all afternoon.
                        Has anybody else noticed how long it takes to prepare for a job?
                        Seems to take more time than the job itself.
                        Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening,so hot and muggy,will be tacking my cold water bottle to bed,it works a treat,had an idol day,our hairs look better for the trim and feel better,seeing the news some peeps have had terrible weather,we badly need some rain,but not a dumping,night night and sleep tight
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good Morning All Where is everyone? Hot and dull here. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, FF. Morning, all.

Was up earlier, honest. Things just got in the way of dropping in and saying hello.

Will come back later. Just wanted to say hello.

Comment

• Morning FF and Snoop and all.

I was up early too, to get things done before it gets too hot again. It's very close and sticky here. I am hoping for a good thunderstorm, but we often miss out, having thunder rumble all around us but someone else gets the downpour.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X