Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening, had a lazy day today did a bit of work on my comfrey press then made a mesh frame for drying my onions once I lift them, I have also started to clear a path as I intend making a new veg bed in front of the new hut once I harvest all my cabbage, and Jay the reason I went into Belleisle was because it was getting a bit warmer and I like walking in the shade of trees on a warm day but when the grandchildren were younger I enjoyed going there for a picnic and there were deer there for them to see, but they are not there just now, the conservatory wasn't open till today, don't know what it's like now, but in the past they had some nice plants in it, as for the walled garden they have some lovely flower displays and if you do go in for a look could you find out what type of dahlias they have used in their bedding display, unfortunately there was no one about that I could ask yesterday and I have spent a bit of time today trying to find similar dahlias on the net without success, oh and there is also a cafe in the old stables but don't know what it is like as I had no money with me yesterday which is unusual as I usually have a pound coin with me after all there's not always trees about well enjoy your day tomorrow and keep safe
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
      No idea why I'm awake so early

So...got a nice brew to hand and might read my book.

Good to see you Jay!.. and nope- not heard from lottie dolly...just hope she's OK.

Bramble -sounds a very rewarding day -were there many people on the competition? Whenever you mention pitch and putt I have warm memories of my grandpa.
      I may have mentioned this before but he was an avid golfer with a handicap of 1 (I think the handicap system has changed since his day?) He used to get at least a hole in one every week. It was (still is perhaps?) a tradition to buy everyone in the clubhouse a drink if you got one...and being a Methodist didn't approve of drinking...so he used to play at dawn so no one knew!!!
      As a child he took me to play pitch and putt regularly. Happy memories!

Darn...Hibou has just brought a live mouse in.......scuse me.....
      Last edited by Nicos; 02-08-2020, 04:37 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Awake here too and have been for a while, it’s becoming a regular occurrence!!!
        Hope you caught the mouse Nicos...the joy of owning a cat!!
        sigpic

Comment

• Full moon tonight too...no chance for me

No mouse found Jay...so it's either wandering around my kitchen ...or being digested.....yuk

I was wondering what Flo would do with all those apples...compost?... are they too immature to make apple jelly with?

I'm thinking of making lemon curd today and maybe a chocolate courgette cake...depends how hot it gets and how soon I can get my arris into gear

Comment

• Morning all

Good to see you again Jay. I often think about Lottie, hope she's OK
            The outdoor oven sounds a great idea Snoop

Bright and a cool 12c here

Enjoy the day
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning it looks like it will be cooler today a nice manageable temperature that I can actually enjoy being outside.

Nicos at least this time Hibou didn't drop the mouse on your bed

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull here but warm. I was awake early too, glad of my book. Apples are in the green bin Nicos. Pan's on if anyone is in need of a FEB. Have a lovely Sunday
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, warm start for us too, over 20 degrees in the greenhouse at eight, unheard of up here, everything has been watered as we are out for a ride to meet our daughter and grandsons in their garden, we might be now allowed to go out and mix, but seeing how people are behaving and the rise in cases, we will carry on shielding for now. Enjoy your day all.

Comment

• Morning all. Morning Jay. If I remember rightly, Lottie dropped in briefly during your absence but hasn't been seen since. She seemed well in her posts.

Got up at a reasonable time. Took younger dogs for a decent walk early on while still cool. We now have an aged dog situation. Still OK, but definitely hasn't got the vim and vigour of her younger days. Not eating as much as usual either. Went to the local vets for a cut on one of her pads the other day and had a general check-up. Vet deemed her normal for her age. Anti-inflammatories and antibiotics for the cut pad (anti-inflammatories seem a bit over the top, but that's vets for you, or this vet in any case).

Not sure how the day will pan out. Didn't manage to get much done yesterday. Went for a little lie down while Mr Snoop was using my computer (his is playing up) and next thing I know it's three hours later. Must have needed it, though.

Have a lovely Sunday, guys.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      A dull and cool morni g with temp just 14 degs.
                      No plans for the day so far.
                      Have a good one and take care.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Nicos, if your grandpa had a handicap of 1 he was a really good player.
                        The pitch and club house is not licenced so its tea and coffee for us.
                        We had 53 ladies playing yesterday, this was a good turnout considering some of our older members are scared of playing during the pandemic.
                        We have managed it pretty well with tea and coffee on offer from polystyrene cups outdoors.
                        We play by the coast so it's a links course which means it never gets flooded.
                        It's so good to have some social activity in these challenging times.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• He was indeed Bramble !
                          His amazing skill passed down through my uncle and his son and completely bypassed my side
                          We even had a baked bean tin inserted into our lawn so when they came over to eat with us on a Sunday he could practice his putting!
                          I sooo tried to please him but was pretty rubbish

Comment

• Afternoon, the breeze is making it feel cooler than it looks outdoors still outdoors enjoying the sunshine though. Did a bit of weeding and feeding then gathered veg for this evenings meal.
                            Enjoy the rest of the day.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon, was a bit late getting up this morning, (clear conscience) had breakfast then out to water the greenhouse before listening to the church service, had a bit of lunch I hen went up to drop off some strawberry tarts to son and daughter, then back home to do a bit of weeding ands it was actually quite chilly, now going out to clear a bit more of my paths in preparation for my new bed, right catch you later
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening!
                                Had a great afternoon...the wind dropped and we went out for the afternoon to find a row of standing stones we had no idea was near us.
                                We eventually found them...but no signs anywhere.

Then back home to a BBQ...lovely!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X