Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^^ couldn't have worded it better myself Flo!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon , did some early morning watering then collected salad stuff but that’s it for gardening today it’s just to hot.

Am I bad to say I’m looking forward to the evening so I can enjoy being outdoors.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening it was quite a warm day today but had to take my car for an Mot and a service, and due to the pandemic I couldn't get a lift anywhere so went for a walk through Belleisle Park the walled garden was very nice to relax in and noted that in 4 of their beds which were planted with single flowered bedding dahlias there was a high number of bees etc. flying about them as for the other beds of begonias and double dahlias there were only one or two about them, so next year it will be single flowers I will be sowing, as for the car I had to pay £45.0 for the Mot the last time I paid for an MOT I think it was £25.0 I paid and while sitting waiting for the car service I received an email telling me that my road tax was paid, modern technology is catching up on the women in my life, my mother always knew when I had done something wrong even before anyone came to the door to tell her, and my wife it's the same with my wife, I'm still trying to work out how , anyway got my car and back home for 1.30, had a bit of lunch then some weeding followed by cutting the grass and of course the weeds as well as I throw them onto the grass before cutting which shreds them up for the compost bin, after that I went up to my sons to walk hid dog as he was at the safari park with his family got back home just in time to avoid the torrential rain then the thunder and lightening and feeling the heat just now I think we could get a bit more, however hopefully I will be sleeping by the time it happens enjoy tomorrow and keep safe. Goodnight
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all

Pinch-a-punch....ha

Happy August
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
            August...wow yes Bones...it's finally here!
            no idea why I'm excited but somehow knowing that is uplifting.

Its about 15°C cooler this morning so that's a heck of a relief.
            It certainly will be to the hens and quail...they didn't like 40°C one little bit
            I think you all got my rain yesterday -stop hogging it!

We had a lovely late BBQ in our garden/field. Then sat in front of the firepit watching the stars and planets appear.Boy was the moon bright -looks like it'll be a full one pretty soon.

My MOT is due on the 8th rary and I have the ESP warning light needing sorting first...but the garage is closed for the next couple of weeks and we have an extension due to the virus....more €€€€€ eh?

Snoop -have you used your other oven yet?...I love the idea of an 'outside oven' but we don't have enough rediculously hot days here to warrant one.

enjoy your weekend peeps -whatever the weather

Comment

• Morning all.

Everyone here is busy but me. The builders are trying to remove the crane. For some reason, they can't, even though they managed to get it installed. Mr Snoop is pointedly making good flaws in the blockwork by filling in gaps prior to painting while they're all standing about watching the crane go round in circles. Me, I'm keeping my head down.

Yes, Nicos. We officially inaugurated the outdoor kitchen last night. The chimney draws better than the one we had before. Brilliant to have a kitchen area in there. Now don't have to stay up till silly o'clock for it to be cool enough to bake bread. Am even thinking we might have pizza tomorrow! Onion tart today.

Time to go and have breakfast. All this talk of food has made me quite peckish. Bacon sandwich anyone? We've even got ketchup if that appeals.

Catch you all later. Have a good one meanwhile.

Comment

• Bacon butty?...ooo yes please Snoop -I'll bring a pot of Yorkshire tea with me shall I to go with it?

Comment

• ^I've made decaff coffee but if you'd rather have tea, yes, bring it.

Comment

• * sets off with napsack and a rather heavy, wobbly pot of very hot tea....

See you in a while......

Comment

• Morning, bright but cooler for us with bits of cloud, nice drop of overnight rain watered the garden, it's still looking quite green, though some of the Roses are just starting to look a bit tired, still dead heading and new buds in evidence.

Comment

• Morning all, hope you are all well. I’ve been MIA for a bit but like the proverbial bad penny I have returned!
                        Last time I was here we were concerned about lottie dolly...has she been back on the forum? Hope she is ok!!
                        It was sunny this morning but is now dull!!
                        Rary, I’ve driven past Belleisle Park on many an occasion but never thought of visiting...is it worth a look?
                        Anyhoo, hope you all have a lovely day...catch you later! x
                        sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

The garden thermometer got up to 34.5C in the shade yesterday Too hot! spent the day indoors with all the blinds drawn to keep out the sun.

Thank goodness it's much cooler and fresher today. Funny that whatever the weather's doing, hot, cold, snowy, rainy, we Brits always want it to be doing something else.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good Morning All Hot again but there's a breeze today. I have hundreds of little apples on the tree again, so taking half of them off - well, that's the plan. Have a good day All
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Five builder's buckets full and that's only as far as I could reach!
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening all.
                                Busy day at the pitch and putt.
                                A very big competition and an afternoon of prize giving.
                                Spent the last hour watering and deadheading.
                                Hope everybody had a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...