This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon, all.

Slow start to the day for me. No builders, so a bit of a lie-in. Really enjoyed it. Also I had no paid work to get up to either. So very relaxing.

Mid to top 30s forecast for today, night time around 18.

Time for lunch here already. Then an afternoon nap, then a cooking session for D's last supper here. Have invited another Italian friend. Was going to do more home-made spaghetti, but seeing as D is going back to Italy tomorrow, that seems a bit daft. So a tagine is looking likely. Just more work and more washing-up. Anyway, have plenty of time to ponder.

Have a nice day, everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      Pity about your raspberries Mothhawk would it work if you potted a few up in buckets to get a crop this year ?
      I did wonder if they would survive if I dug them up and stood them a bucket of water for the day while the fence was put up, then replanted them. They might wilt I suppose, and need to be cut down, but otherwise I shall have to do that anyway. Is it worth a try, do you think?

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good afternoon, dry with sunny periods today with a strong breeze, did a bit of painting to the back of the garage OH wants the full garage done but I absolutely refuse to do it as I do not like painting, and Nicos the colour is cream and I remember my mother telling me magnolia was a very popular colour now going out to do a bit of weeding between the paving slabs a bit boring but still better than painting enjoy the day and keep safe
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I know the feeling rary...I'm not that keen on painting either.
          Mostly it's the rubbing down and clearing away afterward which puts me off but my man helps with that Got him well trained eh?????
          After years of discussions he's finally realised that I still save him time if I muck in...I'm just not as neat as him

I've finally managed to white spirit the paint off my arms and hands, face and hair....how on earth does it get there????
          Thing is, it's Burgundy red so it looked like someone had dragged me through a bramble patch

Time for some weeding again in the shade....

See ya later
          Last edited by Nicos; 29-07-2020, 04:28 PM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post

I did wonder if they would survive if I dug them up and stood them a bucket of water for the day while the fence was put up, then replanted them. They might wilt I suppose, and need to be cut down, but otherwise I shall have to do that anyway. Is it worth a try, do you think?
            Do they really need moving/cutting back-could you gently fold them away from the fence line?

If not..maybe you only need to dig up a few?...could you do it as the fence reaches that point and plant them back in immediately afterwards?

When we replaced our fence in our previous house we wrapped mature shrubs in an old sheet and pulled them gently away from the fence line . Worked pretty well tbh

Comment

• Not the kind of answer you're looking for, Mothhawk: me, I'd wait till after the harvest to do the fence...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                I know the feeling rary...I'm not that keen on painting either.
                Mostly it's the rubbing down and clearing away afterward which puts me off but my man helps with that Got him well trained eh?
                Nicos I wish you wouldn't use terms like, rubbing down, and, clearing away, now I need to go and find out what it is you are on about
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post

I think if you keep them well watered I don't see why they shouldn't survive.
                  ​​​

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Hot and dull. Hi ho have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all
                      I'm just watching the sunlight slowly spreading over and lighting up the field and our garden. It pops over the hill about an hour after sunrise turning grey greens into glowing yellow/orange green. Beautiful

It looks like we're in for a couple of very hot days so it's an early start with jobs here for us.

Watermelon and toast for breakfast -help yourselves!
                      kettles on...

see ya later peeps.

Comment

• Morning all.

Last night's low was 15.8 ºC. Bliss. Mind you, I had very strange, aggravating dreams all night, so still a bit restless. Forecast high for today in the top 30s, maybe tipping over into the 40s.

Garage is now officially finished. Still got the crane and goodness knows what to be removed, apparently Saturday. That'll be a relief. Now just got to pay the bill... And to get my 'outdoor' kitchen in it sorted. The range got moved into position last night. Just need to get some new chimney pipe and I'll be back to bread and other baking with no regard for the heat.

Anyway, nice evening last night. D's last night and our other Italian friend (E) ventured down for supper. Really nice to see him. He's being very careful. Haven't seen him since well before the lockdown. I think he had a good time. We settled into a proper Sunday meal routine with D. With any luck, E will continue the tradition. Not sure though. I'll have to come up with a better pudding than last night's. Big fat lump of rubber alleviated by blueberries and cream. That's one pressure cooker recipe never to be repeated. Never mind, though, at least there was plenty of cream!

So, for today's activity. Mr Snoop going to drop D off in town and then take our oldest dog to the vet's. Possibly more than one problem (teeth maybe and definitely a badly cut pad). And do a bit more shopping, he says. There's a bit of room in the freezer and a tiny amount of space on the shelves. We could last for weeks even with what we've already got in stock! Me, I've got a tiny amount of paid work to do.

Hope you all have lovely days. Catch you later.

Comment

• Morning, damp cooler and not a breath of wind, quite Autumnal for the end of July, glad I cut the grass yesterday. Good news was the car doesn't need a new tyre, still got 3mm of tread, so that's a saving, bad news the hardware had no shed paint of the right colour, so another look around required, screwfix don't have the colour either(light oak) so the big orange shed might be the next port of call, seems everyone has been out and bought all the stock during lockdown..................panic buying fence paint, who'd of thunk it eh?

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            The morning is brightening up after a wet night.
                            Nothing on the cards thi morning
                            Looking after my grandson thiscevrning for a few hours.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Barn doors painted!
                              ( dark oak Burnie)
                              The tin lasted just long enough to finish the job.
                              Must be bonkers doing it at midday...we're heading for 34C plus at the moment...at least it'll be dry in no time!

Not barn doors like you see in America!!!!!!...just a couple of 3ft doors -but boy were they dry. must remember to do them more than every 4 years

Good luck with getting hold of yours Burnie...anything else you can buy from there to make it worth the trip/risk?

Comment

• Afternoon, did an early morning supermarket shop to get it out of the way then gardening followed by an afternoon stroll back now for tea and cake
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X