This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n'alln'all

brrr...feels sort of Autumnal out there!

Looks like there is door painting on the agenda today -that is if the rain holds off!

Nice find with the nail Bones...we have similar at the modern end of our house (built 1780's)

Enjoy your day peeps
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Sunny and cloudy here.
      Off out to play pitch and putt.
      Showers forecast for later, hope we can avoid them.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Hot here but keeps drizzling. Last night's Hawain pizza for breakfast! Washing done but in a quandary as to hanging it out. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Oh stick it out Flo...then at least we will all know what will happen to the weather and plan accordingly

Comment

• Good afternoon, there was some very heavy rain overnight, or so I have been told and when I went out this morning it here was a bit of rain but didn't last long we have our daughters dog with us till tomorrow and had a game of football with her, and boy she let's you know when the ball goes out of play as she stands and barks at it if it goes in the garden, right off to do a bit of weeding
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• It's dry Much pasta cooked for meals on wheels - cream cheese, ham and pesto and linguine bolognese and cheese all garnished with roasted peppers. All that and we're having a sandwich for tea

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                Only real tip for crackers Snoop is sprinkle flaked sea salt on after you've rolled them out and gently roll it into the surface. Enjoy
                Great tip, has to be much better than just sprinkling on, which is what the recipes say. Thanks.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                  Had a lovely day playing pitch and putt.
                  55 ladies played today so the atmosphere was great.
                  We got home before the rain but it came down in buckets this evening with a bit of thunder added in.
                  Hope everybody had a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening it has turned out a dull but dry day again, we went out to a friend's house today as they are celebrating their golden wedding which is quite an achievement being married to the same person all those years and to those thinking that I have done the same my OH is not the same person I married all those years ago but I wouldn't change her. Thankfully I wasn't near Dublin today just think of the noise of 55 women would make playing pitch and putt boy I bet it was deafening, though glad you enjoyed it bramble, right take care and keep safe
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning
                      Proper drop of rain yesterday evening, larruped it down as my old man used to say. Thunder and lightning too.
                      Lovely and sunny now though so will pop down the plot later.

Enjoy your Sunday whatever you're up to
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                        We've had heavy rain overnight too!
                        Really pleased as that's going to make weeding much easier
                        I did make a start on the gravel drive yesterday but it was like concrete....so I painted both cellar doors instead.
                        It struck me that were only about 6 weeks away from September so thought I best crack on and try and make the outside of the house a bit neater as it's been neglected due to indoor diy.

Yesterday evening we had a hare in our field/garden. It was out in the open for about 15 minutes nibbling away, stretching, yawning. Really lovely to see but a bit worrying if it's not human wary as it's not going to last long when hunting season kicks off

We also saw 4 deer in the field behind ours at sunset. Not seen more than a couple for a while now so that was lovely...but again a concern

Snoop/Bones - any chance of sharing your cracker recipes please??? Sounds like something I'd like to try!

Enjoy your day peeps! See you later

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny Sunday. Pan's on. Have a lovely Sunday

Comment

• ^Bren recommends the sourdough discard crackers here:
                            https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/rec...iscard-recipes

I never have any discard so make up sufficient poolish beforehand. Don't know if the fact that it's a bit more active will make a difference. I'm going to roll through my food mixer pasta roller. I'm not great with a rolling pin - always comes out uneven - and the comments suggest using a pasta roller. Your husband might like some of the other recipes. I made the muffins the other day. Came out a bit thinner than I expected but fantastic flavour.

Mr Bones, not sure what recipe you use. I've got another that is full of seeds from a Spanish source. Everyone who's tried it raves about it. Will share that too when I've given it a go.

Comment

• Thanks snoop!

Comment

• My Swedish friend recommended this recipe for Fröknäcke: Swedish seeded crackers

https://cyclingtips.com/2015/08/frok...eded-crackers/

They look pretty healthy!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X