Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all, good news about the internet Nicos, long may it last!!
    So sorry about the cat Snoop, so sad you can’t explain isn’t it?!
    Sun is up I’m glad to say, we will see how long that lasts!
    Off for exercises and then brekkie, wishing you all a lovely day. x
    sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
      The sun is shining g but I have to brave the supermarket.
      Let's hope it will still there when I come back.

Rary, it not easy to get your money back but Snoops advice is good.

Good look with the haircut Bren, it makes such a difference and gives you a real lift.

Nicos, sounds like robbing Peter to pay Paul with your internet.

Anyway, have a good day all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I know what you mean Bramble-but I was assured that all the lines are indépendant ...it just seems too much of a coincidence to me too!
        I do sometimes wonder if we're told things just to shut us up
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nicos, don't know what you're paying. We're out in the middle of absolutely nowhere, so no chance of internet via ordinary phone line, fibre optic or even mobile. We've gone for satellite with Tooway. Trouble is there's a data allowance per month, which might not work well if visitors in gîtes are chewing through it. But very speedy in comparison with what you're getting. Not cheap though but might be worth a look. We have VoIP phone as part of the deal. Made a massive difference to our lives. It's like being in the civilised world.

Comment

• Morning all

Snoop Puss - I'd be exactly the same not wanting to disturb a cat. Mind you, it doesn't seem to stop one of ours choosing the moments I am on a video call with work, to jump on the desk and stnd side on. It has two effects - I am breathing in the fluff from the cat's side suddenly, and everyone else of the call just sees the cat and I vanish, haha

Oh Bren, that's a reminder - I have a hair cut tomorrow!! Assuming it's not raining that is - she cut hair at home and is doing it in the garden. I think my last cut was January and I'm growing out a short hair cut. I was due a cut the weekend after lockdown so it's desperately shaggy right now

I managed to pop a wash out on the line this morning on the line - hopefully it stays dry. It certainly is brighter today

Have a good one all
            Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Morning(just), just made it back from our cycle ride round the village roads, heavens have opened and it's chuckinitdarn, forecast was for light rain later this afternoon............................wrong again. We could see the dark cloud coming down the river valley(not really a proper "Glen"), so we pedalled like made to beat it home lol.

Comment

• We both had haircuts yesterday. It feels good. Today I took my husband to the opticians. He has a very complicated prescription. We were there 2½ hours though and came out £££ lighter. New glasses arriving next week hopefully.

Comment

• Back home from the supermarket.
                  Got everything I needed so wont be going again any time soonl
                  The sun is still shining so an afternoon in the garden.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Right..... I am just finished work and off to make Cottage Pie with Youngest-Shortie.

If I get a chance while I am supervising, I'll pull out my seeds too to check what I have that I can pop into the 2020 Flower Seed Swap
                    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Rary try & phone your bank,they will help give your money back & help you if you say I don’t really know what I’m doing. They just need to know you’ve been told it’s cancelled (by email our cancellation was) I just read what it said to the bank on the phone & they put the money in the account while I was on the phone after me answering questions. They try & offer vouchers but the law says you can get a refund,don’t worry. Hope everyone’s alright,I’m about to go shopping have a good night!

Comment

• Thanks for the advice folks I am most grateful for it at present I am keeping my self busy so that I can get a bit calmer about things and it's not the money that anoys me even though its quite a lot its more how companies can't be honest
                        Last edited by rary; 10-07-2020, 10:48 PM.
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening I have had a busy day today started of with a visit to hospital for an xray then when back home OH wanted to go and see the boys as she can now give them a hug after that I have spent the day putting up a fence and laying, whisper it, artificial grass shhhh, and then spent a happy couple of hours in the greenhouse and tomorrow I intend to plant up some pots with some fuchsia and petunias so looking forward to that, I was also shown my recording of my reading which is on Facebook so if you want to know what I look like go on to Facebook, right now bedtime have a good day tomorrow and keep safe
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good morning All

Clear blues and the sun's climbing above the rooftops. Be nice if the banks can sort things out for you Rary, it's not easy dealing with faceless companies.
                            Spent a fair portion of yesterday digging up two rows of Charlottes and it never ceases to amaze me when digging for spuds what an exciting and pleasant surprise it is to lift the fork and find...... potatoes. It's expected of course, that's why we plant them but it's like finding buried treasure. Then afterwards, when the beds have been raked over, you find yourself standing back and saying "this ground's blummin lovely..". It was the same last year, and the year before that etc. etc... In some respects I think I'm turning into my Dad

Enjoy your day
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                              We too have a lovely sunny morning here Bones
                              What a fantastic start to the weekend.

Love your description of digging up the spuds!

We've got a bit of final measurements to sort out first but we're off to a Woodyard/sawmill this morning to buy some well seasoned chunks/slices of oak for our windowsills and the rest of our other staircases .
                              Most were set aside for us back in February so it shows how far behind we are with our renovations!
                              It's quite exciting really knowing we've finally reached that stage!

Enjoy your day folks!
                              Last edited by Nicos; 11-07-2020, 06:35 AM.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning, had a long lie in this morning and just out of bed it looks dry but cloudy so not sure how the wether will go but I intend making up some pots of flowers today, enjoy your day, think of others and keep your distance

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X