X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n'alln'all
    more tupperwear skies

Just struggling with an internet speed...work being done now at the exchange....its now just gone up to 1.6 !!!!!!!

Will pop in later when things have improved.
    OH Happy cos he collected about 3/4 of a ton of organic cow muck yesterday for €10 .
    Having emptied the trailer he's thinking of getting a couple more to put into the compost heap for use in the autumn...goodness knows where he gets his energy from

See you later-keep safe
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Been rained off
      Northern England.

Comment

• Brightened up at last ... and warmed up a bit too, struggled to get above 14C earlier.
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Feeling warmer here too
          After all that lovely rain I'm ready for a bit of warmth again

Comment

• Morning All

Sunny ... yahaay ..

Happy Saturdays whatever you're up to
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Just realised ..... it's summer solstice

Not as one chap (known as Mr Doom) said on the lotties last year "Oh no... dark nights.."
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mornin bonesn'all

* whispers......good grief-blue sky and sunshine!

Hadn't realised the solstice was today bones-was thinking it was tomorrow!
                One thing I like about the nights drawing in over the summer is not just the nicer weather but also it's dark and warm enough to sit out with candles or fairy lights or just the fire pit.

Anyone fancy a brew?
                Last edited by Nicos; 20-06-2020, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• Morning
                  Who pinched my sunshine , it was here earlier. More rain forecast .
                  Oh no nights drawing in ..surely not yet.
                  There is due to be a 'ring of fire' partial eclipse .
                  Last edited by Containergardener; 20-06-2020, 07:02 AM.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Sorry CG -looks like I've got it

When is the eclipse?
                    Last edited by Nicos; 20-06-2020, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Morning all

Thanks for the compliment Snoop Puss - It was set not long after I joined the forum and then disappeared recently from view. It might have been Nicos or Burnie that prompted me to check my profile settings to get it to show again - woo hoo!

Right. Today is my day. I am not going to get side swiped by anything, I am going to go and deweed and plant out some bulbs I got given. Bring it on
                      Last edited by Shortie; 20-06-2020, 08:00 AM. Reason: correcting spelling
                      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Full-on cloud here and still quite cool, but summer due to start all of a-sudden tomorrow. Have put in a request to Mr Snoop to move my office to the basement. Sounds a bit weird, but it's so much cooler down there.

Not much excitement due today. More paid work and Mr Snoop will probably need some help shifting stuff out of a barn so it can be reroofed. The main section of the garage has now been roofed, so dry cover for all the things that will need moving out the way. The builders really have done lots over the last few days. Next up, to finish and line the rainwater collection tank.

Still half asleep, so really do need to either lively myself up or just accept it and go back to bed for another nap.

Have a good one, everyone. Catch you later.

Comment

• Morning all, sunny here. Had a bit of rain last night but lovely now! Bought a new parasol for garden but it arrived battered and bruised, not too bad just a couple of bashes on the wooden pole and a missing finial. Contacted the company, just bin it and we will send you another!!!! What a waste!! I’ve contacted them again and asked them just to send a finial so we will see what arrives. It obviously can’t really be used without the finial but I thought they would just send another not a whole new parasol.
                          Anyhoo I’ve not been on the forum for a bit so off for a bit of a catch up. Enjoy your day everyone. x
                          sigpic

Comment

• Woo hoo, we have some sunshine(and some clouds) and double woo hoo our daughter and family are able to visit us in the garden whilst social distancing, should be an excellent day.

Comment

• Great news Burnie, enjoy!!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all, we have the sunshine.
                                It's a perfect day for a game of pitch and putt.
                                Playing an early game so hoping to get back to the garden later.

Burnie great news, enjoy your families visit.

Have a good day all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...