Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday, LD. May there be many more, starting with today.

Builders hard at work but a bit of rain due shortly. Hope it doesn't deter them, as they're making good progress. Hope your stairs are going well, Nicos.

Meanwhile, I'm just fiddling about doing nothing in particular when I should be doing lots of something specific.

Mr Snoop off into town this afternoon to pick up my third ceramic baguette baker. The previous two arrived broken. Not good. Hope this one's OK.

Better get on with the show. Catch you later. Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning 20c in the greenhouse already so going to be a warm muggy day again I intend taking some tin sheeting off the roof of a hut spent all day yesterday emptying it then I will strip it down, take care if you go out and LD hope you have another good at the plot and Snoop after 2 broken baguette bakers don't you think someone is trying to drop a hint
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning, we too have damp and muggy, the sea Harr is still with us and no sign of any sunshine, my grass will need a trim too, but it's too wet just now. Stay safe all and have a good day.

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Dull and overcast here with a forecast of thunder storms this afternoon.
          We need to go to the hardware store this morning.
          Hope to get there and back before the weather breaks.

Lottie glad things are going well and I wish you many more good days..

Snoop and Nicos hope more progress will be made today.

Have a good day all and take care of each other.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I'm off out to the supermarket in a sec as we've near enough run out of milk and butter even though I bought enough to sink a ship 3 weeks ago!!
            Whilst I'm there I'll be doing a trolley run. All this talk of biscuits is making me want to try my hand at almond biscotti so I'll keep an eye open for almonds too.

The staircase is in and we absolutely love it and we're just waiting for banisters to be made then they will come back and fit those. Can't wait!!!
            Frustratingly the floor at the top has a dip in it so that's a job for some self levelling compound before we put the flooring down.
            Funny how you end up with a longer 'to do ' list than you started with eh???

Right....survival gear to hand...off to the supermarket!

keep safe peeps.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. late start today.

Trip to B&Q was a waste of time yesterday as it was card payments and I didn't have my card with me.

The next generation won't know what cash is and its so easy to get duped. Cash rules for me. I went to a small hardware shop instead but the queues were so long I didn't stop. (Probably all the card less pensioners like me)

Anyway, I can't be arrised to trail back with card to B&Q today so have decided to shelve the brick pointing and concentrate on weeding my garden at home. I still have my widflowers to plant out as well.

Long walk with dog yesterday has both tired me out and the dog too, so we will both take it easy today.

TTFN
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• I prefer to pay with a card these days -less handled by who knows who!

I managed to buy everything I went for but had to buy fresh yeast rather than dried...plus my 'treat' were fig biscuits
                I bought a packet a few weeks ago but someone who shalln't be named scoffed most of them
                " I really don't have a sweet tooth" says he......oh yeh???????

We've got pretty heavy rain at the moment so that's Plan A of cutting the lawns gone for a Burton. Urm...anyone know where that phrase originates???? .....* tootles off to check it out!

Comment

• * tootles back.....

"Origin not fully known" apparently - but it's interesting reading.....

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/...-a-burton.html

Comment

• Afternoon all. Been absent since my last post, the GG came to stay for 3 nights. Yipee.
                    Shes nearly 14 and a lot has happened in her life this year. So it’s great that she wants to come to us - I think it’s to do with getting 3 square meals a day. Her mother is a flake at the moment.
                    the garden is looking fab as always. Will work how to send pics soon.
                    my memory’s not in a good way lol
                    Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      * tootles back.....

"Origin not fully known" apparently - but it's interesting reading.....

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/...-a-burton.html
                      We were just discussing this last week, didn't get round to the origins. Something our parents said really. My dad did alot.
                      he did live in Burton for a time too
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Must admit, I cannot be on with the queues and 2metre rules and faff. I will stay put . As for getting my hair cut in a mask, I will carry on letting my OH cut it
                        Northern England.

Comment

• The world has gone mad, Nicos. I've just taken delivery of half a kilo of a French brand of dried yeast. Cost, €5.95. Smaller packets not available so will have to work out how to keep it. But I've just had a look at Amazon.fr and it's miles more expensive there than here. Madness.

Comment

• That's a bargain and a half Snoop we only buy small packs of dried yeast but it keeps for ages in the fridge.
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• ^Maybe I should buy up stocks and start an export business!

Comment

• Good Evening All A storm is raging here. My granddaughter went to MacDs on Saturday and it was cash only because the card system was broken There were not many carrying cash Snadge, luckily she was!
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X