X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Misty but warm. Have a lovely Sunday
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning none of yesterdays mist here just sunshine that's supposed to turn to rain, but we'll see
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Not sure what happened there, I thought I'd posted earlier. A senior moment or forum having a hiccup? Probably my fault.

Anyway, all good here. Bright sunshine but nights still relatively cool. D out cutting up yet more fallen oak and olive. The amount of wood we'll have for the range is amazing. Plenty of pizza and bread next autumn and winter, for sure.

Busy day today, so I'd better go on with it. Catch you later, guys. Have a good one.

Comment

• Good morning all.
          It's a lovely sunny start to the day.
          Hoping to spend some time in the garden.
          Hope you all have a good day,

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon, boy it’s humid today!! OH was 60 yesterday. We had planned a family get together but unfortunately wasn’t to be but once this lockdown is over we will celebrate then. My son and I did our best to make it a nice day for him with lots of calls and FaceTime with our daughter so not too bad!
            Hope you all have a lovely day. x
            sigpic

Comment

• Glad you managed to give him a lovely birthday Jay....these things are important when we are away from our loved ones.
              Raise a glass to him from us tonight will you ?
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Great news Snoop, so pleased for Mr. Snoop and you!! x
                sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all,very warm out there,we went the plot for a couple of hours,necked some weeds and planted a few other bits,nearly had a fall,just saved myself on the long wooden planter,phew,just chillin out now,with 5 mins of weeding at home here and there,some things seem to be really struggling to grow,carrots,beans,the sweet corn are slowly coming on,but,they have grown more stems,about 2 each side the main 1,like a fan,never seen this before,1 row of snips out the 3 is doing ok,i sowed 2 more rows with fresh seed and still nothing,beetroot at home is struggling that what,have bothered to germinate,squash behind,although the 1 courgette plant have 2 very small beginings,onions look well,as do spuds,yesterday i dug 2 roots up earlys to see,and got enough for 2 of us,hope all are well,have a lovely afternoon
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Well, I'm feeling like a proper fraud here. I must be the only one not doing any gardening at all. Tried to get to the well today. Still a good 20 cm of water above ground level and imagine the ground itself is several feet of muddy slurry. So, can't use my veg patch in the fields for water and can't water in my veg patch higher up for want of water because I can't get any up from the well because of the water. Aargh.

Oh, and I'm still deaf in one ear. Had a good blow with mouth shut and nose sealed as per earlier suggestions, now that I have no fear of gunk... Rather a loud racket in my head but now all gone very quiet again. Except perhaps not quite as quiet as before, maybe, if I'm being optimistic.

Comment

• LD, those side shoots are called tillers. Some people remove them, I don't. Even if you get no cobs off them, they often have male flowers that are sometimes handy for pollination purposes.

Hope you're both doing well.
                      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 14-06-2020, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• I'm not gardening Snoop.
                        I was going to but got drawn into my family tree research!

Checking up on other peeps' reasearch to make sure it's authentic.

I'm checking out 1488 Ivinghoe. IS it checks out I've have a run of 15 generations!
                        The later ones seem to check out, but I need to see the 'real thing' so I'm trawling through a will dated 1681 where they had mills and cottages and land and children mentioned I can't find elsewhere.

Boy is the handwriting difficult to decipher....I'm going cross-eyed!
                        Then 1703 and 1736 and 1798

Seems like most of my genetics are telling me I worked the land or in silk or cotton mills! ...or brewing!
                        My Scottish roots tell me I worked on the land or with glass, my Welsh roots say I worked in salt manufacturing and my Irish roots say I'm from Dublin -so I quite fancy the idea I'm a Guinness and Whisk(e)y drinking expert who can handle a salt shaker and grow my own food....and can wield a needle and thread at the appropriate time!!!!

Ha!

Strange to think that if any one of those people had died in childhood that I wouldn't be here now!

Time for a well earned brew me thinks ( tea!!!!! )
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I'm not doing much growing either. I have got some toms, but lack compost, I'm too feeble to dig it out of the compost daleks on my own. However, I have just taken lots of apples off the tree in the hope of getting bigger fruit again this year - there are a great many Sun is shining still. I'm in work tomorrow This lockdown has made me think seriously about retirement, but after it's over because I don't want to let the staff down. You take care Lottie, you can do without injury. Hope things improve soon Snoop. Looks like you're enjoying the research Nicos. Football back on TV next week and much as I hate it, it has to be better than the repeats Himself has been sitting through and I don't mean sport!

Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good afternoon a nice day today, got a phone call from our oldest grandson at 3 this morning and though I didn't hear it it must have wakened me as I got up shortly after the phone had rung and had a look around then went back to bed but couldn't get into a deep sleep so back up at half 5 had a look round again then thought I would check the phone and noted a call and as he hadn't called the house phone I thought it can't be too bad so went back to bed and tossed and turned till 7 then got up phoned daughter to ask what was wrong she had to go and waken grandson to find out about it, he had hit the phone during the night didn't know who he had called as he just switched the phone off and went back to sleep lucky him have been busy clearing up the area where the hut was but it was just too warm for heavy work this afternoon so decided to take a rest, don't know if it because I am tiered or if I am getting old but feel absulutly shattered sgoing to inspect the inside of the eyelids for 10 minutes or so
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Hi all, we've just had a proper downpour, but we need it, a bit of tidying up indoor strawberries, removing old flower/fruit stems and feeding the plants, also removed the runners for now.
                              I'm doing my maternal side of the family tree, back into the mid 15th century so far, most of the family were farmers, couple had their own farms and one left quite a lot of money in a will, don't know where that went , I didn't see any of it lol. Sad to find large families with infant mortality high in the earlier years, but one generation had 14 kids raised to adulthood!! It is quite fascinating, but I am now in the guessing stage a bit now, without buying birth/death certificates of going to churches to find records, there's a lot not available on line, not really surprising I guess.

Comment

• All fine thanks Snoop,i thought we were going again ,but it passed ,Rary i did better than inspect the eye lids,had a good hour kip in me recliner,we have had a few rumbles of thunder,and tried to rain,blink and you miss it,down the plot the ground is still dry underneath,at least the air smells fresher,have a good evening
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X