Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, we had a dry and very windy night, the raised beds look dry again, so will need watering later as there's no rain forecast for us, despite there's a fair bit of cloud scudding by.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Thinking of you Lottie x Foggy and damp here. Have a good day All
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• A busy week in work, plus the (much needed) rain has meant I've not been in the garden this week at all. Tomorrow is supposed to be good weather so I suspect I'll be doing a lot of weeding .

Loving the new speed of the site too, it feels like it#s flying along
        Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
          Morning all.I have one pair of trainers permanently drying in front of the woodburner with having to walk the dog in the wet. I refuse to wear wellies with shorts!

TTFN
          Snadge you need a pair of crocs a quick wire and they're soon dry, anyway I seen nothing wrong with wellies and shorts, its my usual camping wear.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.lIts blowing a gale here but its dry.
            It rained its fill yesterday so the garden is fine for the moment.
            I think it will be a work in the greenhouse day for me.

Snadge, the fashion police would be out if you were wellies with shorts.
            Also hate the way they hit off the back of your legs unless you wear long socks.

Lottie, hope you got through the night and things are improving for you.

Have a good dsy all and catch you later.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I'm a croc and bare feet sort of gal too , but I do find they don't have the same grip as wellies on wet grass/mud.
              Or is there a different style that I'm not aware of???
              Last edited by Nicos; 12-06-2020, 09:55 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Well for dog walks I prefer walking boots . I wear trainers the rest of the time.
                Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

Snadge you need a pair of crocs a quick wire and they're soon dry, anyway I seen nothing wrong with wellies and shorts, its my usual camping wear.
                  I've tried sandals but even leather needs the drying treatment. I refuse to dig my wellies out in June!

Tried crocs but can't get away with them. Used to wear them on the beach when I was a we un though!
                  Last edited by Snadger; 12-06-2020, 12:04 PM.
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good afternoon dry with high light cloud with and a breeze so quite nice today have been busy cutting down some trees one of them a 4inch thick privity which is the thickest I have ever came across also clearing away an old hut which has been a bit of heavy work but it's down and now gone and if you ever see me suggesting getting rid of a hut in the future remind my that it's hard work, I don't understand why the last time I shifted a hut it was no bother I started and finished within a few hours this has taken me 2 days evedently it must be a heavier hut now I am going out to cut the grass, so catch you later
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• It must be a bigger heavier built hut Rary .
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts...means such a lot! x

Sending you hugs lottie, always in my thoughts!! x
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post

Tried crocs but can't get away with them. Used to wear them on the beach when I was a we un though!
                          I love my crocs all 7 pair of them.
                          ​​​​​​

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• We now have persistent if not heavy rain, now when I looked at the weather forecast it didn't mention rain not the thunder and lightening due tomorrow, if it had I would not have watered all the raised beds a couple of hours ago, weather forecasting......………….money for old rope is a phrase that springs to mind lol.

Comment

• HI we back,thank you all for the hugs and good wishes,the test's have confirmed what was said, TIA,and the brain deteriation,i was shown the scan pic,,and tolled what the black areas were,both the big one from the bleed 4 years ago,and the other deteriations,have to keep a closer eye on him,as he can have another ext,ext ext,i just have to be strong,am under no illusions whats to come,at least he not violent or a wonderer,so a lot to be grateful for,i hope i can switch off and sleep tonight,the transport crew and hospital staff were wonerfull,so clap clap clap,just them bluddy so called chairs,i ended up with some trapped nerves again,so stud up and done some moving ext,it is eased now,have a good evening,and stay safe,and YES MRS Snoop i am good 2 myself,as best i can without being selfish.
                              Last edited by lottie dolly; 12-06-2020, 04:41 PM.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

I love my crocs all 7 pair of them.
                                ​​​​​​
                                Darn!... I only have 5 pairs!
                                one white ( big mistake)
                                one blue
                                three various shade of black/ dark grey depending on UV resistance over the years!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X