Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all,what a warm day,been plot all day with mr,and a picnic,done some hoeing,and spent time under the shade of the debri netting,making holes and planting brasica,also had my chair in there for some rest time,was less hot,next job in all things garden are,get the seeds together for the next sowings,swede,and winter brasica,and what else i come across in my stash, i got room for,will have to have a day at home tomoz,and play domestics,boy i miss my fairy,be glad when this lock down is done,what a shame that a lot of peeps are not looking in now,i hope all this upgrade is worth it,when it finally gets sorted,am sure others are like me,and find it hard to get to grips with,sometimes it is so slow i have to give up,good night and sleep tight.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all and thanks again for best wishes for mum. Move itself was not a success and she can only see mostly downsides. Me, I had a fantastic chat with the occupational therapist there, who off her own bat came up with a diagnosis of mum's problem that tallied with scans from first hospital that physiotherapists in second hospital completely ignored. Not sure where this leaves mum, as she's there for assessment, not treatment, but at least I feel she's in expert hands. The upside mum can see is the food. Apparently the profiteroles were beautiful.

It is a shame that people have left, I agree. I imagine that some things here will fall by the wayside, like the seed swap circles, as those depend a lot on the energy and good will of the organisers. But no reason why we shouldn't do things like this informally between ourselves. And we should continue to grow, as we have in the past. I joined the new site and, I agree, Rary, there are lots of people there I will miss if they don't drop in from time to time, but I didn't want to abandon the 'regulars' here either. So I've stayed put.

Comment

• Morning All

Fingers crossed for your Mum Snoops and sending good thoughts your way.
        Was on the lotty for 04.50 yesterday, glorious morning though a little nippy. Popped back for breakfast then back down until late afternoon. Spent the day tidying up, taking down windbreaks and making good the minor damage while Mrs B planted out remaining stuff that we've been holding back (outdoor toms with embryonic fruit etc).

Promising looking morning today, high wispy cloud and 13 degrees.

Enjoy your day whatever you get up to

Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
          Snoop perhaps the chat will lead to some more help for mum. I found alot of passing from pillar to post not so much dad as he was already diagnosed with dementia, but mil had a possible parkinsons diagnosis with hardly a symptom which even now . She had a huge personality change which caused an awful lot of problems and they put that to the parkinsons yet now seems fine again that way.
          Great that the food was a success, that's a start. Fingers crossed for answers and improvements for you and mum.

That's very kind of you bramble, if I can't find any il come back to you.

Yesterday was very warm to be fighting a summerhouse in mums shelter from breeze garden. Trying to get it level But we are there, going back to strengthen up inside a bit (OH is a bit belt n braces type..engineer by trade so the ground will disintegrate underneath before the structure). I membraned behind and topped with some gravel to stop her going weeding behind it and I'm hoping to get some paint slapped on today. We have light rain so I'm hoping its dry her way. Her rattan furniture comes next week (should be , fingers crossed) . Be nice to have it finished. Though now her other shed looks like it needs a new roof

Dogs are pestering to go walking. Have a good day.
          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning .
            It's cool this morning so watered the tubs and pots and newly planted out runner beans so they can soak up the water before the sun dries up the ground.

Battery's gone on my jam thermometer so I'll need to remember to add batteries to the shopping list once I can get it open to see the size. (I need to get out the tiny screwdriver, to undo tiny screws on the cover).
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning, another sunny day here I can get used to this

Jam making this morning not sure after that, Mothhawk I'd not heard of battery jam thermometers before I'll have to have a look this markings on mine are are wearing out so its something to think of. I still use the saucer test as well though.

Snoop it sounds like it will be a longish process until your Mums settled at her home but her liking just one thing is a start.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning n'alln'all
                wow...what a day for me!
                I did my first mega food shop since the lockdown...and managed about 95% of the things on my list...plus a few extras naturally
                Feels good to be stocked up again

I really, really would like to buy a few flower plants though

Jam making?...darn-I have no oranges nor orange juice
                I do make a rather lovely strawberry and rhubarb jam...now there's an idea as I have both in the garden. Having said that, there is deffo something wrong with the strawberries-something usually happens to them between picking and getting to the house
                te he!

Looks like we're in for a lovely day here too...might just sit and read later on today seeing as I spent most of yesterday commuting, shopping in hypermarkets , then spraying and washing everything...then bubble bathing ( best bit of the day!!!!)...so I missed the sunshine!

Best get a wiggle on....I've got some strawberries to pick!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All WFH today so just a flying visit. Catch up with you all later. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    Another beautiful day.
                    Off out for my walk in the park.

Snoop, hope things improve for your mam, such worrying times.

Nicos, I am waiting g to get to do my own shopping, lots of frozen fruit from last summer waiting to make jam.
                    Cant get out to buy my jam sugar.
                    Having said that, I would find it too hot to do a jamming session in this weather.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all another fine looking day in prospect, mostly weeding planned for today and it looks like there might be a strawberry or two in the greenhouse for later. Salad looks close too with lettuce under glass and radishes outside to go with the homemade rolls we baked yesterday(when I say we baked, I do the labouring bit like Simon King, the lifting and stirring lol)
                      Re the upgrade, there is a muttering that something might be being planned by the magazine, not sure what, but it seems they are still struggling with it. We can of course carry on with our own community spirit and enjoy the virtual fruits of our labours together. Some of the former members were unhappy behind the scenes long before this upgrade, resignations happened years ago with some not liking how the magazine supported the forum. From a personal point of view, I am here because I like the community that I feel a part of, I will continue to try and moderate the site so it can function as best as we can make it. As we are finding out during this lockdown, community spirit can rise to the fore and we can enjoy our gardening experiences together.

Comment

• Afternoon all,fingers x for your mom snoop,food is a good start eh,Jam this weather,NOOOOOOOOOOOO,fruit will stay safe in the freezer for now,my greenhouse thermometer has batteries,what faff to see the tiny screws,and get em out,but it works again ,it is good having a decent shop eh girls,you find things,you did not need,you wanted ,it another hot one here,catching up with domestics,and i don't mean cleaning,i seem to get things in a mess when gardening takes over ,i really DID enjoy my day out down the plot yesterday,it felt like a mini holiday,plus a gain getting some plants in,sorry to hear about your parents CG,we never know whats around that corner,have a banana cake to make,as i have been given some to use up,thinking of adding some crushed pecans and sultanas,well they are good for you hehehehe,have a nice day,stay safe both virus and the sun.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good afternoon a nice but breezy day and if out the sun quite cool, the postman brought a auto vent that I had ordered and wasn't expecting to get for several weeks so need to get that fitted while writing this OH is on the phone to her friend and I just picked up some bad news from her conversation, apparently Coronation Street has only 10 more episodes to show, then it will be come on we are going to watch a film she seems to think I need to sit with her while watching films, and her choice of films is not mine, ah the sacrifices us husbands make for a quiet lif
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Yes Rary there's only so many times a man can watch Pretty Woman lol.

Comment

• Evening all...sounded like Dixon of Dock Green there! What a beautiful day but there is a breeze...managed to get a load of washing out and dried.
                              Getting a bit bored now, as I’m shielding the only place I’ve been since February is hospital!! Wearing a trail in the lawn with my walking. Another couple of weeks and hopefully I can get out for a walk locally...think shielding ends on 18 June here in Scotland.
                              Hope you are all well and enjoy the rest of your evening. x
                              sigpic

Comment

• Jay, who is Dixon of Dock Green
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X