This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n'alln'all
    I'd forgotten its a Bank Holiday for you all today...ours was on Thursday.

Fingers crossed here too Snoop.

Looks like we'll be mowing again today -with all the sun and rain over the last few weeks we're having to mow every 5 days
    First things first though...time for a brew!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning
      I forgot it was a bank holiday I'm lost at the moment,
      although I probably always was
      Have emptied much of gh outside for the day. I've loads to do but we are off to sort mums summerhouse . My brothers built it as I was ill with infection after I'd ordered it. It isnt level thanks to builder making poor job of flagging and they have positioned it with a door opening against a step. The felt blew off in the winds the other day so team fix it (me and OH) will sort it today. Then hopefully get it painted and have the rest of the week sorting my planting and greenhouse mayhem out.
      Have ordered some doggy things , oldest is 10 this week ..awww .
      I closed the gh late last night and bats were everywhere twittering away.
      I shall look for those bramble as a quick tom would be ideal here.
      Fingers crossed mums move goes well snoop, always stressful .
      Have a good day . Better walk these dogs.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning, its a bank holiday and its not raining that makes a change,

Sounds like you'll be almost starting from scratch with that summer house CG sounds like things went wrong from the start your mum must have been disappointed.
        Fingers crossed for you Mum Snoop.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny and warm here. Shopping delivery due in an hour. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all, bright and a light breeze, watered everything first thing and all is looking well, tommies are in flower, so are the chillies and peas, even the tatties are starting to flower too, like you Bramble, we've been blessed with some warm days and things are responding well.

Comment

• Good afternoon a sunny but breezy day today, moved a lot of plant out of the greenhouse to harden them off also prepared a section of the onion bed for planting out some leeks a bit earlier than I normally would do this but they are ready to plant and I have the, space so they are going in, well done with the tomato bramble I was hoping that I would have some set before the end of the month so they better get a move on they have only 6 days to get it done and Snoop a wee bit of heat would ​​​​​​ do nicely here, we usually have the rain ​​​​​​, it looks like VC has signed herself out of the Vine, sad that his has happened, she and other former regular members have left for other pastures, but one thing I have learned in my (short​​​​​​) life is that they will be missed, but no one is indispensable nor irreplaceable, though I do wish them well and the door will always be open
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon I'm sat under my gazebo having a read and a bit of a rest I've got my brassica bed empty and ready for my courgettes. Then some weeding and potting on. Jam making this evening rhubarb orange and ginger it's my favourite
                Back to my book.

Comment

• Good afternoon all.
                  Decided to go back to the park for my walk.
                  This is the first time since March 19th.
                  It wasnt as busy as I feared so I will go again in the morning.
                  Planted out my two Uchi Kuri squash in a huge container, my first time growing these.
                  Off out now to find some space for three cucumbers.
                  %he weather is really beautiful today with 18 degs here on the coast.
                  Have a good afternoon all.

Rary, what variety have you ripening by the end of the month.

Container gardener, If you would like I can save you some seeds.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• They are missed,I thought it was temporary it’s very sad,they know where we are & they must be happy otherwise they’d come back. It would be nice if every one of them popped in occasionally so we can see they’re alright tho,I don’t know it’s a bit strange all this,we’re still a forum with the same people in it as the last however many years,just remember they’re happy & it helps you feel less sad. I’m off to do some potting to keep busy.

Comment

• Phew it's warm out there Got my beans in at last, but it might be for the last time, I'm done in! Might be a throw out tonight The regulars will be back I'm sure
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Flo I've been in and out from under my gazebo all day doing a bit of gardening then back under again. Since my last post I've planted out a few pots of spring onions and Nasturtiums and sown more radishes not planted my beans yet though.

Comment

• Too hot for me outside. I did go out earlier and finish bolting the arch together. As usual with these things they only give you the exact number of bolts. One has a dodgy thread and can't be used. So I will break cover tomorrow and nip down the road and see if my mate has one to match it.

My daughter rang to check up on me today. I knew she and her OH were looking to buy somewhere together as they are currently living 2 hours apart. They are going to look at a house in the hamlet I grew up in and one field away from where she grew up. He comes from the same area and they were at school together.

This sent me down memory lane and Google earthing. My mum always said "never go back", but I would love to buy back the cottage I lived in for 21 years and was happy. It's not practical at my age, but I'm a country girl and I would love to be able to look out of the windows and see the horizon again. I could when I first moved in here but the countryside is getting further and further away every year with all the new housing estates.

Waiting for it to get a bit cooler as I need to go and shift some topsoil.
                          Last edited by JanieB; 25-05-2020, 04:38 PM.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Have been out doing a bit of weeding and had to put everything back into the greenhouse and shut the coldframes as there was a quick drop of temperature followed by a light shower and now a gray sky with no break in it and bramble my tomato verity that is in flower and which I am hoping will have set fruit by the end of the month is black russian one that I have never grow before so don't know how well this performs, now I am going to sit back and watch more of virtual Chelsea enjoy you evening and keep safe
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
                              Spent the afternoon planting out the final lot of my bedding plants.
                              As the weather was so nice I planted out my cucumbers.
                              I am a bit worried because the evening seems to have become chilly.
                              Have a good evening all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Oh my . What a day . Catch up later
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse