Who you gonna put yer money on?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenfingers007 View Post
    Well Peep's, hate to say it but my money is on France. and I think all premier clubs should take a leaf out of Aston Villa's book for their fantastic youth acadamy, the only other I can think of is that of Leeds United. Other clubs have good acadamys but they just send the players out to lower division which is fine for first team footbal but how many do you see coming back in to the top flight. anyway back to original thread France I think will lift the trophy.
    I can only think of 1 player - Agbonlahor - that is a regular first teamer that has come from the academy. Craig Gardner plays now and again but cannot think of any others They have good youngsters but most have been bought from other clubs.

When you think that West Ham have a good pedigree for producing youngsters in recent times and have some hot prospects coming through this season and not forgetting Man City - Richards, Onouha, Johnson, Sturridge.

Agree with you about France though...as posted earlier.

Comment

The reason its on the tele is because BBC and ITV bought the rights (for loadsamoney) before England got knocked out....doh! They can't just turn back on this investment so we have a summer of footie.

Without England I can take it or leave it but I'm going to be a fan of Portugal for the Ronaldo controversy. Its amazing how many people that guys winds up! Also think Spain have a great chance with a maturing team and I'm a big fan of Torres who I'd like to see do well.

Also read in the paper this morning an article by Frank Skinner. He suggested rather than join allegiance with a team pick one to anti-support. No difficulty there then... ANYONE but the Germans!
      http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

Disagree Matt my anti-support is Portugal because of Ronaldo and Man U!!!!!!
        The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Spain - serial bottlers, they have always had good players but like England can't handle the pressure.

my money goes on the Czech Republic, they have always been there or there abouts. 2nd choice - le Bleu
          Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
          Bob Dylan

Comment

Surely if you have Torres on your team[this is his first major championship] you must be in with a shout!
            The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Torres played at the World Cup 2 years ago and did OK so has got experience of a major championship. His partnership with David Villa was looking good. He has improved this year for playing in the Champions League but the rest of the team have to do their bit.

To me Spain should be favs on paper but of course they don't play on paper. Their reputation in tournaments puts me (and lots of other people) off sticking hard cash on them.

Comment

Seen their friendly results against Tand T and the USA not impressed but at the end of the day they won and they were only friendlies.My money is still on Spain.

Comment

I am beggining to change my mind and I quite fancy the Germans.Good at the back and Klose was top scorer at the world cup.
                  Reap what you Sow

Comment

Just starting to watch Euro2008just seems strange not seeing England there and not having my flags and bunting out

Comment

I'm with you Cloud - its just hit home, its not the same without all the 'flags, buntings and rabid zenophobia' (lol! just kidding!)...

...can't get up the enthusiasm, maybe when the knockout rounds start.
                      Last edited by smallblueplanet; 07-06-2008, 04:58 PM.
                      To see a world in a grain of sand
                      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I'm supporting Thierry Henry ... what team would that be?

All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                          I'm supporting Thierry Henry ... what team would that be?

I was about to say are you serious, then I noticed the ,
                          I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Bloomin Portugal won.Gutted.Still you ain't gonna loose with the ref on yer side!

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                              Bloomin Portugal won.Gutted.Still you ain't gonna loose with the ref on yer side!
                              Hey no dissing my team, clearly they were the better side, though I did miss the game the OH was watching casualty.
                              I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud
                                Behave, they got away with a disgusting lunge/tackle on Nani!

Pretty ordinary games so far - we must be bloody awful to not be there!
                                To see a world in a grain of sand
                                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X