This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning
    Sun and cloud day , no wind at the moment.
    Another day battling the garden. I'm not aching as much as I expected to be , I'm sure it will catch up though.
    Onwards..have a good day
    Northern England.

Comment

• We quarantine our food too Snoop -but for 7 days!
      Just out of choice following seeing a shelf stacker coughing into his hand then carry on stacking the shelf! Then seeing customers puck up things -read the info -then put them back again.
      Anything which can't be washed in soapy water or sprayed with dettol doesn't get bought, simple as that!

Funny thing is that I bought a couple of bottles of whisky which I put into quarentine and OH keeps looking at them lovingly each time he walks past them ( you know that look-the one you give to your emerging seedlings?)
      Last night he relented and sprayed the bottle
      (We can't get dettol here so have to use our small stock with care)
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Our food routine is to put the food away then wash our hands and cupboard handles.

Wash hands before cooking, wash hands before eating.

Apples and pears get washed in soapy water, but they are the only exceptions.
        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Latest lunacy. I’ve ordered a sprayer for my new lawn because I find standing there for ages watering it 2x a day boring and a waste of time. This is from Scr3wf1x. I’m not allowed out to collect it so someone else needs to do it for me. I have no shortage of people to do this BUT whoever picks it up has to have the card it was paid for with them together with the PIN. I wouldn’t even let a member of my family know the PIN.

Surely it must be obvious to this company that those self isolating are unable to collect in person and are unlikely to let someone else have their banking details.
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

• That is crazy Janie!! I'd ring them and see if there's a way they can deliver.

I have a crazy day at work, but pleased to be home and I have tomorrow off, so a long weekend of potting on tomato plants is ahead
            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Morning

Yes scrwfx do seem to be delivering certain items. Agree try ringing .

Another nice day, got loads done yesterday. Today I will be helping OH put the decking back together, he has been replacing some boards.

Have a good day .
              Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
                That is crazy Janie!! I'd ring them and see if there's a way they can deliver.
                Not answering phone. Overloaded due to virus, blah, blah, so telephone service suspended. I have emailed them.

The same problem with the wrong tree issue. The answer to my email regarding that was that their records show that my order has been delivered. They are not addressing the issue of the wrong product.
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• You could cancel the click & collect get the refund then order a delivery,or give your passport or driving license with the bank card so they know the person picking up isn’t the card holder?

Comment

• They don’t deliver this item. I broke the rules and walked and fetched it myself. When I got there they said there was no need for my bank card, not what it says on the website when ordering.

Anyway, having got it home I took 4 hours working out how to attach it to my hose. Now working and doing its job.
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

• I've done my first proper grocery shop in three weeks today. Staggered home with some of the fresh and frozen fruit and veg I have been dreaming of. Should keep me going for another three weeks, as long as I ration it. I like to eat at least 10 portions of fruit and veg a day, which is around 800g. Over 3 weeks, that would be about 17kg of fruit and veg, and I just can't carry that, never mind fit it into my fridge and freezer!

When I finally have my own house and garden, my aim is to be able to supply at least 50% of my fruit and veg every day (i.e. 400g) within two years, and 80% within five years. No idea how practical that is, outside of peak harvest times (though my own stored harvests will count), but it's something to work towards.

Comment

• I must admit I am getting cabin fever now but I won't give in. Judicious amounts of alcohol are helping to keep me sane. The outlaws are trying to break me down, particularly one sister in law...... One thing I have noticed is that overpaid so called "celebrities" and sportsmen are completely redundant and worthless at the moment.

Comment

• Ooooh first time in ages I have been able to actually get on this site! It was driving me nuts! I sulked off and posted my news elsewhere. Humph! I went to the dark side........

Comment

• Originally posted by self-contained View Post
                            I've done my first proper grocery shop in three weeks today. Staggered home with some of the fresh and frozen fruit and veg I have been dreaming of. Should keep me going for another three weeks, as long as I ration it. I like to eat at least 10 portions of fruit and veg a day, which is around 800g. Over 3 weeks, that would be about 17kg of fruit and veg, and I just can't carry that, never mind fit it into my fridge and freezer!
                            That’s what I miss most. My body craves fresh fruit and veg, but it doesn’t last the 3 weeks between slots. In fact I can’t get another slot at all at the mo so it’ll be more than 3 weeks before the next one. I can’t get enough of some grocery items to last that time so although I won’t starve, my diet will be a little strange.
                            Oxfordshire

Comment

• I will have to go shopping again for myself and elderly relative in the next couple of days. I have been 3 times since this started and have had to queue for an hour the last twice. As the weather has been good it has been bearable but the thought of long queues in the rain (latest forecast) is utterly depressing. There must be a better way.

Comment

• Week 6 - can't believe it. Stay safe everyone
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X