This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning
    I'm hoping for some normality to start resuming.

We have been on repairing areas of the deck . Going to give it a good clean today . Tried to buy stain but out of stock ,after having waiting in queues online. Ugh.

Frosty start today with sunshine , dogs walk shortly.
    Have a good day
    Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
      I will have to go shopping again for myself and elderly relative in the next couple of days. I have been 3 times since this started and have had to queue for an hour the last twice. As the weather has been good it has been bearable but the thought of long queues in the rain (latest forecast) is utterly depressing. There must be a better way.
      No queue to speak of. No flour or yeast but other than that quite like normal.

Comment

• We've had an announcement that our lockdown is being phased out as from 11th May!
        Can't flippin wait to get to the garden centre and diy shops!
        Yippee.... * starts making huuuuge shopping list
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^^^^ enjoy list writing

Wish ours would begin.

Been on fixing decking. What started as a couple of boards...went on...and on......still going on....
          Felt very tired past couple of days so having to slow down, even fell asleep in front of tv which I never do .

Have a good day
          Nice to be back
          Northern England.

Comment

• The end of our lockdown is in sight too. We've got complicated phase-out arrangements that I'll have to study. These have been terrible times for lots of people, but for me personally, to be honest, it's been OK. It's spring, which always improves my mood, Mr Snoop has done all the outside-world tasks (shopping, chemist's, etc.) and we and the friend up the valley have been getting on really well, baking and cooking up a storm, eating together, tending to the snow-damaged trees and the land and having a laugh.

Comment

• ^^^^ when does yours start snoop?
              Northern England.

Comment

• It's a very gradual lifting of restrictions starting from 10 May for mainland Spain (Balearics and Canaries haven't been as badly affected, so they will begin on 4 May). But it won't be the same across the whole country. Those provinces that do well in terms of keeping numbers down, bearing in mind health service capabilities and so on, will find conditions become looser more quickly.

In two weeks' time, families living in the same household will be able to go out together and people will be able to go outdoors for sports activities, still at a distance from each other. The conditions under which this can be done still haven't been established. There will be set times and masks and gloves will almost certainly have to be used.

At the very earliest, we won't be able to travel from one province to another till 22 June.

My impression is that the lockdown conditions here have been stricter than in the UK, though I can't be absolutely sure of that. There have been lots of photos published of children going out on Sunday in Spain, but what isn't obvious is that many of these pictures have been taken with a telephoto lens, so in fact the people in the photos are much further apart than the photos seem to suggest.

Comment

• Just having a quick hot chocolate .
                  Dog walk shortly in the cold and wet , then il get the fire lit so we can keep warm in the cosy cavern.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Hope all are well. Not sure of the days plans but have a good day
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Morning, CG and all. Mr Snoop and D (Italian friend) out pruning another of our snow-damaged trees. Yet more firewood in the making.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                        The end of our lockdown is in sight too. We've got complicated phase-out arrangements that I'll have to study. These have been terrible times for lots of people, but for me personally, to be honest, it's been OK. It's spring, which always improves my mood.
                        If that's what it takes to keep a woman in a good mood I would make it eternally spring
                        As for the lockdown, I could go out but OH is in the high risk category and then if going out I we would need to isolate from one another (maybe I should go out) or do constant housework every time I came in
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                          Morning, CG and all. Mr Snoop and D (Italian friend) out pruning another of our snow-damaged trees. Yet more firewood in the making.
                          What sort of trees were they snoop ? Sounds like you've had alot of damage.
                          Northern England.

Comment

• ^We had masses of damage. At the moment, they're working on the hardwood trees, as these will be the most difficult to cut into logs and so on once dry. So oak, almond and olive. The biggest of the damaged oak trees must be a couple of hundred years old. Last will be the pines. There are a good three dozen pines felled on our land alone. Trying hard not to look at the ones of the abandoned plot next to ours, as it's just masses of work. Pine doesn't make good firewood for the house, but it'll go up like nobody's business if there were to be a forest fire...

We have just over 12 acres, most of it forest. Nearly all of the usable land is under water (and has been since last autumn).

Comment

• ^ blimey alot of trees then.
                              No pine isnt good . We've tons of the things round about get felled for chipping mostly.

Funny weather day. Cold this morning, sunny and very warm this afternoon, then the sun appeared, now its sun and rain....just need a rainbow now.
                              Dogs have been walked and washed twice today, as the ponds and ditches are drying up resulting in clay/mud dogs.

Didnt do much today as I've run out of compost. Hoping to get some tomorrow.

Hope youve all had a nice day . Is it wine o'clock yet?
                              Last edited by Containergardener; 30-04-2020, 05:03 PM.
                              Northern England.

Comment

• snoop - I somehow imagine you guys being at the bottom of a valley - is that sort of right?
                                sigpic
                                1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X