No announcement yet.

Photo issue?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have merged the threads. Will chase admin as well, for what it's worth!
    He-Pep!

Comment

Unless they fix the photo problem the #growwithgyo thingy is Doomed, I tell you, Doomed.

Originally posted by Laura Hillier
      The hall of fame will be right here on the forum it will be photos from this thread, and we will generally be looking for photos in line with where we are with the campaign each month (for example, a pic of tomato seedlings in the spring, harvest photos in late summer/early autumn etc). We will also be taking part in the grow-along ourselves, so you will see us battling it out with an office that is a lot like a greenhouse, so as you can imagine, has its pros in spring, but gets complicated in the hot weather!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Unless they fix the photo problem the #growwithgyo thingy is Doomed, I tell you, Doomed.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	doomed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	2386141

I thought Captn Mainwaring!!

Comment

I thought the GYO team were more like the sentries who took no notice at first.... *walks offstage whistling*

Comment

P
              Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              Testing uploading a photo

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89883[/ATTACH]

Mike that one uploaded try making your pic smaller like Thelma suggested.
              After I posted that photo I tried a larger one It briefly flashed up an error but before I could read it my PC closed down
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Name:	IMG_20191225_112209.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	2386142

Testing testing testing - from computer.

Comment

testing testing Raymond luxury yacht throatwobbler mangrove (seeing as we are in monty python mode)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Now for something completely different....

...nope.

Soo 130KB works, 1.25MB doesn't...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Most people want to upload direct from their phone Burnie. Facebook / Instagram etc all social media sites sort the size issue out for you. You can just upload any file size! There's no messing about/ cropping images/ reducing file size etc. This really puts people off....and gardening is quite a visual subject.
                      Absolutely on board with it auto resizing.

Kind Regards..........Rob

Comment

Just a thought, I may be way off the mark.

It may be that this problem is simply not fixable with the version on software the site is running and someone needs to put their hand in their pocket for an upgrade.

The site seems to be running on vbulletin 4.1.8, which is *very* old - 2011

Messages on the vbulletin user forum back in 2011 said vBulletin 4.2.5 (actually a later version) was in end of life support mode at that time so I wonder if 4.1.8 is unsupported

The latest stable release is 5.5.5 (October 29, 2019)
                        Last edited by quanglewangle; 02-02-2020, 12:05 PM. Reason: clarity
                        I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."
                        ∃

Comment

Having problems uploading today from samsung. Tried the usual re sizing .
                          Is anyone still having problems?
                          Northern England.

Comment

I took a photo that might help with the problem,I was trying to upload two comparison photos of my dahlia growth the other day,one uploaded & one wouldn’t upload,I kept cutting bits off & trying to upload but it was ridiculous the amount I was cutting & then it said this fail msg (in the photo) but you can see I’ve only got one photo attached,I had to log out & in again but then I ran out of time & didn’t post them,it shouldn’t be this difficult,could this website adjust the photo size when we upload them so they get the size they like?

Name:	3F1FB0F8-1FD4-4E4A-869B-87EE6D270F81.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	454.1 KB
ID:	2386394

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                              I took a photo that might help with the problem,I was trying to upload two comparison photos of my dahlia growth the other day,one uploaded & one wouldn’t upload,I kept cutting bits off & trying to upload but it was ridiculous the amount I was cutting & then it said this fail msg (in the photo) but you can see I’ve only got one photo attached,I had to log out & in again but then I ran out of time & didn’t post them,it shouldn’t be this difficult,could this website adjust the photo size when we upload them so they get the size they like?
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]90274[/ATTACH]
                              That error message is an odd one, not seen that before, re the re-sizing of images, I think all websites have limits on what you can post and it requires you to do this prior to posting. I use photoshop to convert and re-size my images.

Comment

I generally use my I phone to take a picture and resize to medium to post it seems to work ok. Haven’t managed to get them the right way up though, always end up on their side.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X