Photo issue?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starch View Post
    I generally use my I phone to take a picture and resize to medium to post it seems to work ok. Haven’t managed to get them the right way up though, always end up on their side.
    Mine tend to be upside down in the post but right way up when you open them☺
    Last edited by broadway; 27-02-2020, 06:24 PM.
    Cheers

Danny

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
      That error message is an odd one.
      I reported that error weeks ago! It is on the opening post!!! Same error in photo on post #10.
      The software assumes you've uploaded 5 photos when all you've done it tried and failed to upload photos.

I won't hold my breath to get a fix....
      Last edited by Scarlet; 27-02-2020, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Maybe the photo uploading problem accounts for the non-appearance of the monthly Hall of Fame that was supposed to appear with #growywithgyo. https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...o_100525.html#
        Maybe Admin are also unable to post photos? #
        It won't be much of a Hall of Fame if there are no images!!

Comment

I'm having problems uploading photos today - it allows me to select the photo (which is definitely below 2mb) but when I click to upload on Chrome I get "Awww Snap, Something went wrong" and on Firefox I get a popup telling me there is a database error. That's on my Windows computer. On my work computer (Mac), using Chrome, I also get a database error after a minute or so of unresponsive page. The photo I am trying is 1.45MB.
          Last edited by Penellype; 02-03-2020, 05:24 PM.
          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

I'm also having problems, I get the same message saying that there is a database error. I've given up trying to upload photos, its been like this for ages

Comment

I could post them this morning, but when I tried this afternoon I got the database error (which is still happening now). Its frustrating as I have lots of photos to post!
              A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Since the database error appeared a few days ago I haven't been able to upload photo at all. *A few days is ages to me

It is frustrating, I wonder what's going on?

Comment

I tried a different way today - usually I go advanced then click on the image icon and uploaod the photo that way. Today I tried go advanced then manage attachments then Add (top right). The same thing happened but I got a different error message "Not enough memory to open this page". As this is happening in 2 different browsers and on 2 different computers all of a sudden, it is unlikely to be a computer issue. However I did clear my cache in Chrome and try again, with the same result.

I notice that others are still able to post photos, suggesting this is something to do with individual accounts. Maybe I have run out of assigned storage space? I can post the picture I posted yesterday morning (which was an old one that had previously been uploaded) but I can't upload any more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-05-02 21.42.08.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	550.7 KB
ID:	2386446
                  Last edited by Penellype; 03-03-2020, 08:22 AM.

Comment

I haven't had a problem posting photos from my computer using Chrome. If the photos were on my phone I upload them to the computer and resize them using picture manager to "predefined width and height - Document Large" and save it.

To post in a thread I select the "Square with a tree in it" (Insert Image) and follow instructions on screen.

Name:	100_1153.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	2386447

I don't look at "Manage attachments" if I can avoid it.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      I haven't had a problem posting photos from my computer using Chrome. If the photos were on my phone I upload them to the computer and resize them using picture manager to "predefined width and height - Document Large" and save it.

To post in a thread I select the "Square with a tree in it" (Insert Image) and follow instructions on screen.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90351[/ATTACH]

I don't look at "Manage attachments" if I can avoid it.
                      I upload the photos from my phone and then if they are more than 2MB I screenshot them so that they are small enough to upload, then I insert image as you describe. I only tried the manage attachments option to see if it worked when the usual method didn't.

Comment

To be honest I think it's a hit and miss issue - I have tried uploading an image that I uploaded previously and it failed. It's just so random.
                        There are definitely new error messages that I've never seen before.
                        I use another forum that uses the same software? As this forum. Everything is exactly the same except the photos always upload!

Testing from my phone

Name:	39E21E9C-B1D8-4CD2-B04C-BD7CE6718071.jpeg
Size:	584.5 KB
ID:	2386450

#sods law it worked - first time
                        Last edited by Scarlet; 03-03-2020, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Hi, just catching up after being away for a few days, Admin are visiting the site, but it does seem as though there is a lack of action on this issue, the mods have been informed that this is being looked at, but it doesn't seem to be a simple task(no idea why?). Even the growwithgyo thread seems to be lacking in any in put from the magazine, all very odd.

Comment

I can upload the photo if I “choose image size” to large or medium but that hasn’t always been there to use if that makes sense,maybe it will always be there now.

Comment

Trying the screenshot of photo to reduce idea...

Name:	Screenshot_20200308-084559_Gallery.jpg
Size:	333.8 KB
ID:	2386496
                              Northern England.

Comment

Well done Jane . I've done the screenshots and they work .
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X