Northern England.

Comment

• Built a brassica cage

Quite pleased with it 
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Wellrottedmanure View Post
        Quite pleased with it 
        I've got 3 of those now. They started out last year as one big one about 16' x 5' but it was too cumbersome so, over winter, I split it into 3, 1 at 8' and 2 at 4'. Going to plant them out in next few days with carrots, swedes, turnips and radish which all seem to be ttacked by things. Last year I just grew carrots.

Comment

• Made a mesh screen door for the greenhouse so OH can leave the door open when it's hot. (She's shorter than the average Hobbit and can't reach the roof vents.) Planted some more radishes to replace the ones that died last week because OH can't reach the roof vents... Planted some Rocket. Washed what seems like 1 million plant pots. Finished making a raised border for herbs just outside the kitchen window. Enjoyed a snooze in the warm sunshine in the garden with just birds, bees, and hoverflies for company.

Comment

• Playing with herbs today.
            Sown some. Pricked out parsley curled, flat leaf parsley, basil & thyme.
            Tidied the herb bed and mint pots.

Comment

• More digging.

Weeded around big blackcurrant. I need to mulch it, really, but I don't have anything I can use and can't really get hold of anything at the moment. I do have cardboard and sand. Maybe I could use those...

Comment

• Trowelled out chunk after chunk of brick, granite, concrete etc, along with lots of broken glass. Did some watering of the containers.

Comment

• Bit of weeding but not much as have developed rsi in wrists, thumbs and elbows due to to much gardening finished making willow den for small humphs. Willow had been cut for quite a while but most looks ok so fingers crossed it grows....
                  Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Tended greenhouse flock
                    Dug out some plants I'm moving with OHs help
                    Weeding
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by happyhumph View Post
                      Bit of weeding but not much as have developed rsi in wrists, thumbs and elbows due to to much gardening finished making willow den for small humphs. Willow had been cut for quite a while but most looks ok so fingers crossed it grows....
                      It will grow ..sounds great .
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Slow but steady progress on the greenhouse relocation project. Still emptying the area of of the remnants of the collapsed building and whatever junk the previous owner had dumped in it. Taking a lot longer than I hoped.

Large blocks of stone removed from the area in a semi neat pile of about 2m x 2m x 0.5m.
                        Small blocks of stone heading to the gabion cages to finish that project off
                        None stone insert stuff (concrete, brick etc) filling in some of the pipe trenches etc. or will do some of the centres of the gabion cages.
                        Lots of glass, some decomposing bulk sand bags, 2 disintegrating tires/wheels and what I think was a light fitting into the wheelie bin

Slowly getting there.....my back is currently not thanking me though!

Comment

• Erected frame for my tall Telephone peas, weeded bed then sown pre-chitted parsnips.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Planted out my gutter of peas, and my 7 tenderstem broccoli plants.
                            Planted my maincrop potatoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartinRSharpe View Post
                              Slow but steady progress on the greenhouse relocation project. Still emptying the area of of the remnants of the collapsed building and whatever junk the previous owner had dumped in it. Taking a lot longer than I hoped.

Large blocks of stone removed from the area in a semi neat pile of about 2m x 2m x 0.5m.
                              Small blocks of stone heading to the gabion cages to finish that project off
                              None stone insert stuff (concrete, brick etc) filling in some of the pipe trenches etc. or will do some of the centres of the gabion cages.
                              Lots of glass, some decomposing bulk sand bags, 2 disintegrating tires/wheels and what I think was a light fitting into the wheelie bin

Slowly getting there.....my back is currently not thanking me though!
                              Had a similar day.

Spent half of it digging over the area where my potatoes will be planted, and courtesy of the previous owners of the house I found old bottles, lumps of concrete, and the remains of an Anderson Shelter

Spent the other half digging out behind the shed where a new seating area complete with pergola will be going, and as well as 1/4 of a ton of riddled topsoil, I found more bottles, some very odd shaped lumps of rusty iron, and a collection of small plastic dinosaurs

Also have an aching back, but plenty of single malt whisky is easing that
                              Last edited by reggietheveggie; 12-04-2020, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Moved more seedlings into the little tunnel.
                                Planted 2 more courgettes into a fish box.
                                Planted my first lot of dwarf french beans.
                                Helped Bob put a new lid on my compost bin. Both sides open again now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X