Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potted salad bowl lettuce into newspaper pots.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
      I went to the allotment today and weeded half the big bed, so approx 4x4 meters. It took about an hour and I bent the fork. Again.
      This is how it looked before:
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]90797[/ATTACH]

After the weeding, I sowed parsnips, carrots, radish, mooli, beetroot, onions leeks and salad onion:
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]90798[/ATTACH]
      Good job Sarriss, I can see the dog supervising

Sorry dogs, didn't see the little fella at first
      Last edited by broadway; 31-03-2020, 03:08 PM.
      Cheers

Danny

Comment

• We are on day 7 of lockdown here in Alderney. During that time I've had a massive tidy up of the back garden. It's not usually my department, my wife is Head of Flowers and Shrubs, my department is the allotment for fruit and veg. However, there was a winter's wort and more of neglect to deal with and plenty of time on my hands, so It got done. I'm saving emptying the pond and thinning out the pond planting for next week. sowed a load of out-of-date flower seeds in trays in the greenhouse and crossed my fingers they are still viable.

On the lottie, I've chitted seed and planted parsnips and sown a shortish row of Rubino spinach. I'll sow more spinach at intervals for continuity. Weeded most of my fruit bush area, just a patch to do that has loads of volunteer Framberry plants that will need saving as I weed. Finished forking over the roots patch.

In the greenhouse I've multi-sown spring onions and I'm commuting all the tender stuff, cucumbers, sweet potato, courgettes, watermelon, tomatoes, peppers, chilis and aubergines back and forth from the house each day.

Indoors in the propagator I've sown extra courgette plants to give to son and daughter and Crown Prince blue pumpkins. my sweet potato cuttings have formed roots and are now potted up and back in the propagator for a while before joining the "commuters".

Comment

• ^^^^ very busy
          Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
            ^^^^ very busy
            Keeping busy is all that's keeping me sane at the moment. Of-topic, I finished decorating a bedroom too!

Comment

• Can I book you for.next week ?
              Northern England.

Comment

• Just did a couple hours evening digging. The big bed is now one-seventh done.

Comment

• ^^^^I didn’t do any evening digging, but went for a walk round the block after work.
                  We live about half a mile from the edge of town, so depending which way we turn out of the front door, can have pavements and streetlights (=winter route), or country lanes (=summer routes) .
                  Always lovely getting back to the summer routes ;-)

Comment

• Potted on courgettes & cucumbers.
                    Uncovered more beds and spreading with manure. ( started the year planning on only using 2 beds & 1 1/2 tunnels. Now using 8 1/2 beds & all 3 tunnels).
                    Emptied and cleaned old spud bags.

Comment

• Moved rasps (autumn fruiting).

Slowly rejigging layout. A task I started last year. Aim is to have space sorted for a small poly tunnel but still be able to grow until we can afford it.
                      Elsie

Comment

• Finished moving old concrete chopped up from area where I sited the greenhouse now filling in the muddy ruts at entrance to allotment. Plus constructed new base for resisted shed from recycled pallets as the old one was rotten. Dull and slate grey today, might start putting up the shed.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Potted on sunflowers and marigolds.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Put a strawberry into a hanging basket.
                            Moved some sweet peppers out of the heated propagator. That had germinated over night.
                            Sown a couple more seeds.

Comment

• Dug some more of the dig bed.

Started turning my big compost bin. I turfed it all out, and tomorrow I shall fork it back in again.
                              It was a lot more rotted than I expected. At this rate, it should be pretty much done by mid-May, just in time for digging into the beds I'll be planting squash and beans in. I think the 30-odd kilos of coffee grounds I put in there must have sped things along.

Comment

• Weather outside was sideways rain this morning so retreated inside and filled up the space in the propagators with Calbrese, PS Broccoli, Cauliflower, Celery, Strawberries, Melon & Watermelon.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate this evening.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X