X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potted on my cucumbers and loofas
    Put more tomatoes in the heated propogator
    Planted beans, peas, sweetpeas, pattypan squash and parsley in the greenhouse. And some seeds that I have no idea what they are.

I also made myself despondent about being behind progress last year - until I realised I was reading 23 May, not 23 Mar...

Comment

• Keep forgetting to post on thread. Pricked our coriander, parsley, spring onions and leeks. Sowed lettuce, onion, broccolis Raab, salad leaves, cabbage and radish.
      Elsie

Comment

• Planted 50 Boltardy beetroot

Then some digging just for the exercise..

Comment

• Not much done today.
          Planted up some mixed salad leaves.
          Watered my tomatoes and peppers.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Seed sowing
            Uncovered more bed and spread manure on them.
            Dug over 2 beds I uncovered yesterday.
            Add manure to 3 fish boxes.
            Worked out which chilli is going in which pot.
            Now I’m about to draw pretty pictures of where each chilli is going in the tunnel. Also rework my veggie planting plan as it seems to be expanding daily!
            ( well I can’t build a bl@@dy house for a good while so I might as well grow veggies)

Comment

• Did some more digging of the main bed today. Tons of horsetail removed.
              I measured my progress (with a piece of wood), and I've now done about one-twelth of the bed.

Comment

• Enjoyable three hours on the plot

Weeded & dug quarter of front bed which I fill with flowers every summer.

Cut back dead stalks of nettles from last year and unearthed my compost heap!

Used long battens of wood to temporarily mark out new paths & beds

Potted up 78 onion sets I got from plot neighbour (left at my gate for me to retrieve safely) ~ 56 red and 22 white. Not sure of variety but they looked like Wilko's bagged ones.

Back tomorrow as I'm now off work until this is all sorted...got confirmation from Big Boss yesterday in an email that we will still be getting 80% of our pay each pay day. I intend to get the allotment looking AWESOME with all this time off
                If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Potted on some lemon savory, mint, chives and basil (3 varieties of that). I hope I didn't chill the basil too much when moving it around. It was looking a bit limp and floppy by late afternoon when I moved it to a warmer place.

watered No2 greenhouse's bed for the first time since last year, I'll plant some pak choi in it while I wait to put the tomatoes in.
                  Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• yesterday was compost moving - three wheelie bins emptied into the heap (each about half full), and two beds covered with stuff from the done bin.

Also picked some sproutings from my broccoli and some rhubarb. The small person joined me in eating the sproutings fresh of the plant!

Comment

• I went to the allotment today and weeded half the big bed, so approx 4x4 meters. It took about an hour and I bent the fork. Again.
                      This is how it looked before:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200330_112818_copy_756x1008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	426.2 KB
ID:	2386754

After the weeding, I sowed parsnips, carrots, radish, mooli, beetroot, onions leeks and salad onion:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200330_142159_746_copy_720x720.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	343.2 KB
ID:	2386755
                      https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Dug some more of the main bed. I reckon I'm up to one-ninth finished by now.
                        The sub-soil is a really weird sort of clay sand. It's bright yellow, and when it's damp, it crumbles into fine particles really easily (not at all sticky), but when it dries it sets like rock.
                        Also dug a little of one of the smaller beds. Much, much easier going (the soil is better, less compacted, and far fewer weed roots).

When I got home, I potted up my melon seeds.
                        Last edited by ameno; 30-03-2020, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Seed sowing
                          Pricking out & potting on
                          Dug over beds.
                          Covered some beds uncovered other.

Comment

• Tidied the greenhouse.
                            Cleaned the glass.
                            Stacked all the pots by size.
                            I was going really well until I dropped a tray of flower seedlings.
                            Spent the rest of the evening potting them up.
                            Just been out to the greenhouse and fleeced everything.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Planted out some potatoes and onions.

Doubled up one of my raised beds and used an old walkin greenhouse cover to act as frost protection and to keep the birds and cats out

Comment

• Created bay 4 & 5 or my compost area.
                                Replaced bench in shed ( old bench is now as above )
                                Tidied shed, boy did it need it...
                                Dug and rotovated pea and bean bed
                                Set up 2x8’ pea frames
                                Potted 30 various cabbage seeds and 24 various Kale seeds.
                                Kelvedon wonder peas in to soak.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X