X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first ever aubergine

Comment

• Giving away excess courgettes, made the person I gave them to really pleased
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Sunshine it doesn't take much to make me happy.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I will be picking courgettes tomorrow. They were really too tiny today but tomorrow courgette fritters will be on the menu.

Comment

• Adult grandson came this afternoon and it was lovely spending some time catching up with him.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Pootling about with my little courtyard garden, moving all the pots about, again
              Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
              Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
              https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
              Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• My husbands "new normal" way of watching sport! He watches lots of sport whereas I find it pointless. He asked me to record the football, formula1, and Ronnie O'Sullivans snooker match this weekend. He nearly always fast forwards through the ads and turns off the sound of the commentary (wittering he calls it). But last night the best yet! He watched the football and formula one at 2 or 3 times normal speed and said it was far better. The only snooker player he likes watching is Ronnie because of his speedy play and actually watched that at normal speed.

Comment

• It really made me smile to see an old lady yesterday who is seeing her best friend later this week (outdoors for coffee) for the first time since March. If she could have jumped for joy she would have.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                    My husbands "new normal" way of watching sport! He watched the football and formula one at 2 or 3 times normal speed and said it was far better.
                    My brother told me quite recently he does this. Apparently it's a thing... He says it saves wasting time watching the boring bits, as he only watches the main action (goals and the like) at normal speed. If you're going to do that, why even bother watching the match? Why not just look at the score line? And Formula 1, they go at top speed but it's still only round in circles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

My brother told me quite recently he does this. Apparently it's a thing... He says it saves wasting time watching the boring bits, as he only watches the main action (goals and the like) at normal speed. If you're going to do that, why even bother watching the match? Why not just look at the score line? And Formula 1, they go at top speed but it's still only round in circles.
                      I completely agree but at least now a football match only lasts about half an hour and and it is silent!

Comment

• Happy to see a relative's reaction when I dropped off french beans, courgettes and half a cucumber. It's hard to believe a week ago I was saying the first courgettes were too little to pick and now I am giving them away.

Comment

• Handing over 2 dozen eggs and 2 cucumbers to our neighbour'...then finding a jar of apricot confiture on our doorstep!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Seeing the look on my 5 year old grandsons face when he beat his grandad at tennis.

Comment

• Going on a diet.
                              Not particularly happy about that - but I've offered to be a 'diet buddy' with a friend who really wants to lose weight but has been struggling.
                              I could hear their 'relief' when I agreed to record my weekly progress with them.
                              Some things are easier shared aren't they
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Rain!!!!!!
                                Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X