Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good grief, Nicos. I'm exhausted just reading all that, let alone doing it. Good luck. Hope you manage to get some time off over the festivities.

Get better soon, Rary.

My next job is: fill a hot water bottle and put it in the bed. Then light the fire in the bedroom to persuade the cats not to all want to sit on top of said hot water bottle but in their chairs nicely arranged around said fire. We don't half spoil all our animals. But what else are they for if not that?

Comment

P
      Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
      Good grief, Nicos. I'm exhausted just reading all that, let alone doing it. Good luck. Hope you manage to get some time off over the festivities.

Get better soon, Rary.

My next job is: fill a hot water bottle and put it in the bed. Then light the fire in the bedroom to persuade the cats not to all want to sit on top of said hot water bottle but in their chairs nicely arranged around said fire. We don't half spoil all our animals. But what else are they for if not that?
      I could make a very rude crude comment about a room full of warm felines but I don’t think it would go down very well here.
      Last edited by Can the Man; 15-12-2019, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Mornin n'alln'all

Yup Can, this is very much a family forum!

Worked well yesterday...am aching like after a full day in the garden!

We've decided to take the day off and go to a Medieval Xmas Fair in Domfront!...only just found out about it so I'm really excited!
        Quick brekkie then off.
        Enjoy your day folks -see ya later...
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Forgot to ask...rary...feeling any better today?
          Better now than in 10 days time eh?

Comment

Morning it looks like being a fine sunny but cold day here, no plans just walking then digging up some parsnips JA's and carrots for dinner.

Enjoy your fair Nicos
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Good Morning All Hope you're feeling better rary. Have a lovely Sunday All
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Just bobbed in to check out the Advent Calendar...it's really lovely Bren! am thoroughly enjoying opening it everyday!

Had a message from my daughter in Cumbria- they have their first snow of the winter!

Comment

Mornings!
                  We started off sunny & bright, but on my way back from getting the paper, it decided to rain. Typical

Drying off now with a coffee and dry socks.. more crafting to do - won't get things finished in time with this rate of procrastination *blush*

Have a good'un

Comment

Good morning(just) we had a hard frost overnight, just been out to pick some carrots for dinner, the idea of leaving them in the raised bed and covering with a thick fleece seems to be working well.

Comment

• Afternoon, all.

Haven't done a great deal today. Got a call from friend up valley saying he needed to go shopping, did I want to come. It's amazing how much you can buy when you don't actually want anything. On the positive side, got a whole lot of cut-price chicken for aged cat. Not sure why it was on special offer though. In fact, all the meat I bought was nigh on half price. Maybe Sunday is a good day to go shopping...

Anyway, lovely and bright and blue today. And no hunters near us either. So all lovely and peaceful.

Hope you're all having a good afternoon. Even CtM - casting nasturtiums on my cats. And especially Rary, hope you're starting to feel a bit better.

Comment

• Good afternoon, bit of a quiet one.. but its Sunday, that can only mean one thing..

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191215_135959-810x791.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	2385859
                        <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                          On the positive side, got a whole lot of cut-price chicken for aged cat. Not sure why it was on special offer though. In fact, all the meat I bought was nigh on half price. Maybe Sunday is a good day to go shopping...
                          Sunday is a very good day for food shopping - its the best Yellow sticker day of the week.
                          Guess where I've been?
                          ..........and you meet some "interesting" people. Today I've met:-

a "girl" I've known for many years who walks her boxer dog in the local woods. I know her dog's name but can't remember hers at all - though she knows mine and keeps saying it, as if to reinforce the fact that I've forgotten hers. Turns out she is another Bah Humbug person. There are lots of us around but many are afraid to admit it!!

a lady, who dropped a packet of cooked meat on the floor, so I picked it up for her. Then she told me her life history, how she was 83, her family, 4 cats, useless grand daughter etc and hated dropping things as it made her feel old. I gave her the sort of "age is just a number," pep talk I would give to rary if I met him in the supermarket. Hope it cheered her up, it did me!

a man with a loud voice who I mistakenly told my name to, months ago. He calls out my name whenever he sees me, so loudly, that others look up to see who he's shouting to, while I'm trying to escape into the next aisle.

The good news is - I have yellow stickered sushi for dinner, followed by Winterberry jam doughnuts. I asked the baker man what a "winterberry" was and he said he didn't know but he didn't like them. Then said he'd never tried them, but he still didn't like them. Its a mix of blackberry and blackcurrant and I like them - enough to have eaten 2 already.!!

Comment

• I say only one thing.. there's a bottle of merlot open, slow roast pork shoulder, and the OH has made some frangipan mince pies to have warm with vanilla ice cream..

Did have a walk earlier so I need sustenance..
                            <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• If you're inviting me round for a meal, cptn, I'll skip the main course and just have the merlot and mincepies.
                              Thank you.

Comment

• Good afternoon, and thank you all for the kind thoughts, finally decided to get out of bed feel a lot better but still got a cough, evedently no church this morning which I think was quite fortunate as there have been one or two heavy showers and of course will not be going out either and just had flowers delivered from the church which was nice to receive.
                                The above was put down about 1-O-clock or there abouts just as the family came in and I hate waste . First in was our daughter to check we were OK then our oldest grandson to see we were OK (evedently doesn't speak to his mum) to which was answered, we are improving though I did note that if he keeps growing we will need new doors he was just out when son and family came in the youngest wanted to go into the bedroom, he had been in there yesterday and gran said his eyes were spinning, there are one or two presents in there, as it was he went with a box of mint matchsticks, I am not sure if it was to have a look for presents or chocolates once the went home I had the tea to make and now that that's finished and dishes washed I am for settling down for a quiet evening
                                Though must say it is nice to see VC is still helping the elderly even when they are a lot younger than herself and need to check what verity of nasturtium Can has been throwing at Snoops cat enjoy the coming week and keep safe
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X