This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cptncrackoff View Post
    Good afternoon, bit of a quiet one.. but its Sunday, that can only mean one thing..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89516[/ATTACH]
    Nice looking parsnips we've also had some today but not as big as those.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening everybody just home from the family Christmas get together, had dinner in a local fusion restaurant 9 adults, I teenager, 1 8year old, and 1 2 year old, then off to my daughters for present exchanging.

Comment

• Good Morning All Can't tell if it's ice on the windscreen, but will soon know. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning All

+5° and dry, although it has rained overnight. Aching a bit today as I started the dig out the raspberry canes yesterday in order to remodel the bed and thin them out.

Whatever your week holds, enjoy it

Comment

• Morning it was frosty here earlier Flo its more or less cleared now, I've only been as far as the GH and gate to collect milk so not seen much of the garden.
            Have a good day
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornings!

Grey, damp and calm here, but feels mild.

I'm off into town this morning - I thought I'd finished my shopping, but still got a list for this morning. It's weird how that happens isn't it I've run out of cards and sellotape and the cat has run out of cat litter
              Trashco delivery nope, out of stock. Local Co op nope, out of stock... Molly has her paws crossed for Wilko now!

Have a good'un

Comment

• Good morning all.
                A beautiful clear sunny morning but just 3 degs.
                Lots of jobs on the list so a busy day for me.
                Finally, into the last full week before Christmas.
                The run up to it seems to be going on for ever.
                Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon, everyone. Late show, as had to go and give a medic some blood for a test. Sadly, like all Brits, I can't donate blood here due to BSE risk.

Glad to see Rary up and about. And everyone else of course.

Have a good day, guys.

Comment

• Good morning. Took the dog for a walk earlier and could hardly keep my feet. Roads and paths are like a skating ring. Checked to see if the salt bin at the top of the steep bank had any rocksalt in it whilst out.
                    When I returned I got the whelbarrow out and struggled to the top of the hill where I quarter filled it from the salt bin.
                    Salted my own path and my neighbours either side of me as they are even older than I am.
                    While I had the wheelbarrow out I shifted 4 barrow loads of logs from the store at the top of the garden and stacked them in a purpose made store on the decking close to the rear french windows.
                    Did a bit of sandpapering of some latts I cut yesterday to fit around the edge of the tiled hearth. I'll probably stain these later today and then use a no-nails type wood glue to fit them.

Siting now having a well earned cuppa.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Afternoon all,cold but pleasant here,glad your feeling better Rary,snap Snoop,i took MR for his,wwhhhhhhhhhupppps snadger take care,
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Arthurnoon n'alln'all
                        Just as I was looking in here this morning we had an electricity cut. Fortunately I'd had time to make the morning brew!
                        All back to normal now, and both woodfires have kept the house lovely and warm.

Wooden flooring now stored in a bedroom and we found some lovely paint for the beams, so I'm really chuffed!
                        Stomach is happy too cos we accidentally ended up in IKEA ...again .....mmmm.....
                        In for a quiet evening in tonight, although I might just make another batch of mincepies. I made the pastry yesterday and round out of ummmph to get them cooked.

No ice here but plenty of the sploshy stuff....again.

Same here too Snoop re BSE and blood donation
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening all, cold day up here, 4 degrees as we drove to Dundee, been to the hospital to get the results from some polyps that were removed from my stomach, all clear and benign, nice Xmas present, they'll see me again a year, an endoscopy to look forward to...……..not.

Comment

• Good to hear that burnie, it will be e relief to receive that news, happy for you
                            Good evening, not been out much today, there was snow on the ground when I got up this morning and when watching people passing ice as well but by the time I made a move to go up the town it was thawing, OH is still not right when I asked what she wanted for her tea she told me to get what I wanted as she wasn't hungry (she hasn't eaten a meal for week) so I bought fish lifted some carrot and there was some potatoes in the house, before I made the tea I had to attend to the boys, picked up the youngest, his brother is sick so mum couldn't collect him, dropped him off then back down the road to prepair the meal before going up for the older two but their mum was home early and saved me the bother. So made the tea by baking the fish with a bit of butter, mashed tatties and boiled carrot (and carrot just out the garden does taste better) along with some parsley out the greenhouse and I have just been told by OH that she enjoyed her tea as there was a taste to it so that's me starting to build up the brownie points Well enjoy your evening Folks
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• That is very good news Burnie
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Excellent news, Burnie, and nice news, Rary.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X