This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all,

just had a three day read back through this thread to catch up. Best part of yesterday was spent changing the battery in my better halfs Dad's talking Tavistock and Jones watch. WIshed I hadn't started by the time I was finished but I got it done. Phew. Could have bought a new one for less than thirty quid too. Later in the afternoon joined a family group for fish and chips as a pre Christmas get together.

Today was cold n dreich and it even had the nerve to snow at one point. Not quite a duvet day but I didn't set foot out

Comment

• Just read in the Gr thread a mention of french summat. French hens maybe but anyway it just reminded me of something.

On polling day on Thursday, I had just handed over my polling card. I knew the clerk on duty and when he asked how I was, I replied, tres bien merci. I was then bowled over when his colleague launched into some french conversation with me. I had to throw my hands up and say "je parle le francais seulement un petit peu". That btw was my standard conversation starter last time we were in france and that coupled with an explanation that we were scottish helped us greatly. Anyway, the lady in question turned out to be a language translator and she encouraged me to try to refresh my schoolboy french. I'm now doing a daily session on Duolingo.

bon soir mes amis
      Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 17-12-2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Good news burnie and you too rary

Comment

• Good Morning All Bathroom is in progress, nightmare No frost. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning its frosty here Flo my GH door took a bit of sliding open, good news on your results Burnie
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
              Still dark innit?

Great news rary and Burnie....very uplifting news. Health is so important!

My news?....still waiting for my car to be repaired...it's the petrol pump apparently -so fingers crossed I get it back by the end of the week.
              I was very unselfish and said it wasn't urgent as I didn't need it for work etc, but I wasn't expecting it to take almost 3weeks!!!!. Ah well, at least other peeps have had their cars repaired quicker than they would have been. The upside is that as I've hardly been out I've not managed to spend much money ( apart from yesterday !!!!!)

AP...good for you!...peeps keep speaking to me too in French te he!

Didn't get a chance to finish off baking the mince pies last night so that's this mornings job. The house smells so lovely whilst they are baking!

A+ as the French text ( short for à plus tard....until later) or ttfn as we northerners text!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, guys.

Slept in and got woken by the builder of all people, dropping off loads of rebar and goodness knows whatever else for a ring beam. Other girders arriving later this week, apparently. He's hoping to start work again at the end of the week! Only the 25th is a public holiday here, but even so I didn't expect him to be working between now and Kings' Day (Epiphany) at all. I guess it's a good thing...

Now I've got over the shock, time to settle to work. Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning, dark and cold here, think it's tried to snow in the night brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

• Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                    Just read in the Gr thread a mention of french summat. French hens maybe but anyway it just reminded me of something.

On polling day on Thursday, I had just handed ove my polling card. I knew the clerk on duty and when he asked how I was, I replied, tres bien merci. I was then bowled over when his colleague launched into some french conversation with me. I had to throw my hands up and say "je parle le francais seulement un petit peu". That btw was my standard conversation starter last time we were in france and that coupled with an explanation that we were scottish helped us greatly. Anyway, the lady in question turned out to be a language translator and she encouraged me to try to refresh my schoolboy french. I'm now doing a daily session on Duolingo.

bon soir mes amis
                    Mange tout AP, as Del Boy would say.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mornings!

Still dark here, but because the sky so is full of it, path is flooded, again
                      More present wrapping and biscuit making today, don't think I'll venture out...

Have a good'un

Comment

• Glad everyone seems a bit more cheerful this morning. Even I had a bit of a chuckle at some of the posts this morning.
                        My dog is a quick learner. He usually poos on command "Go get a cack" in roughly the same place each day. Lately he hasn't been poo-ing on command at his favouurite spot as he knows he will get a longer walk. I keep him out until he does his business. Sneaky sod.

Have goodun.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          It will be a busy day at ours today.
                          Looking after our 17month grandson for the day.
                          He is very energetic so I foresee nothing else getting done.
                          Have a great day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning, when I woke up this morning the first thing I remembered was that I hadn't put the bin out last now night and I thought I heard the bin lorry so it was up and out as quick as I could only to find that it wasn't the bin lorry it had been one of the neighbour's who had been moving his bin plus there isn't much in the bin and it could have lasted the 3 weeks before that bin is emptied again, and the bin lorry hasn't been round yet
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all,

funny how schoolboy french sticks even after 50+ years. Nicos's plus tard makes sense but it immediately had me thinking a bientot with the wee hoojah above the o.

Anyways, enough foreign stuff for a moment.

Been frosty here overninght. I was up at quarter to four to the loo and then back to bed but was still wakened at half past five so I got up. Read Google news on my phone and then flipboard and at some point fell asleep. Woke again after nine so must have made up some of the lost sleep.

No plans for today but better half is going into town to see her Dad. I may go with her. I don't often go. The sight of old folks strung out round a large room in armchairs either sleeping or looking totally bored doesn't sit comfortably with me. That might say something about me I wouldn't like so nuff said.

Will be taking some gp compost into the house at some point later. No point trying to start off the onions in cold compost. They like their little rootsies to be warm

plus tard/a bientot

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                                Glad everyone seems a bit more cheerful this morning. Even I had a bit of a chuckle at some of the posts this morning
                                My dog is a quick learner. He usually poos on command "Go get a cack" in roughly the same place each day. Lately he hasn't been poo-ing on command at his favouurite spot as he knows he will get a longer walk. I keep him out until he does his business. Sneaky sod

Have goodun.
                                And some people call them dumb animals
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X