This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon all,

no idea where the day has gone today because all I can think of having done is washing our cars. Mind you they were absolutely barkit as we say up here. Watching telly whilst her ladyship is sowing buttons on to her dad's shirts. Several of them with a button missing from the same place. He says someone must be pinching his buttons. Nowt to do with his pot belly then

Comment

• Afternoon Should have been ironing but finished a good book instead. Shouldawouldacoulda Going on the game now
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Food shopping today and also needed to buy some timber for under stairs cupboards I am building. Called at B&Q to get the timber I needed and managed to wangle it into the car.

I have recently purchased a large fridge freezer and want to build a short bench beside it matching the work top on the rest of the kitchen.It is expensive to buy a 3 metre length whereas I only need 1 metre but I was lucky to find a 1 metre length similar worktop to mine in the scrap bin at B&Q. For a small donation to a local charity I now have my worktop.

Take care folks and be lucky.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• On my last post it came out as "feeling old and tired" please note it should read feeling COLD and tired, if OH had read that post it would have been my "last post".
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
            Well rary...I feel OLD this morning
            It took me 5hrs yesterday scrubbing and scraping 2/3 of the lounge floor -and boy do I ache
            Fortunately I can't access the rest of it at the moment, so that's a job for another day.

Not quite sure what today might bring, but it'll need to be something gentle!
            (Now there's a good excuse to find my various stashes of seeds and sort through them eh?)

Good find there Snadge -always worth looking out for a bargain!

Brew first methinks.
            Enjoy your day peeps.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

That was a good find Snadger MrPots usually does well amongst the 'usable of-cuts' area when he's buying metal for projects.

Bread baking today and shopping first thing.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Don't overdo it, Nicos. It's become my mantra. Have to say it several times a day to Mr Snoop, who's operating under the illusion that he's still 25 and hasn't had three heart attacks...

Well wangled, Snadger. Happy bread-making, Bren.

Busy morning ahead and then home-made pizza for lunch with friends. Should be quite nice as it's just about warm enough to eat outside today if we sit in the sun (forecast high is 16 ºC). Masses of work but it'll just have to go on hold.

So, on with the morning. Catch you later. Have a nice day everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull again. You all sound chipper. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                    On my last post it came out as "feeling old and tired" please note it should read feeling COLD and tired, if OH had read that post it would have been my "last post".
                    Here is something for you rary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McCDWYgVyps
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mornings!

Very mild this morning but still drizzly, so no gardening apart from maybe a dash to the greenhouse.
                      All you busy people out there, I wish you all productive days but don't over-do it

It's a sewing day for me, making pillowcases to go with my new quilt. It was well reduced because it was end of line, because they didn't have the cases in stock but they did have a matching fabric remnant. Result!

Have a good'un

Comment

• Lazy day today, I haven't even had the dog out yet. He is not complaining tho so he must be having a lazy day as well.

Temperature was showing 18.5 in the living room when I got up which is quite comfortable for me, but I stuck the heating on for half an hour as OH is a cold customer.

Last day of January so Spring is on the way.I can see signs that stuff is starting to grow now so the main growing season will soon be upon us.Take care folks

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          A dull start to the day but its dry and mild.
                          Grocery shopping this morning.

Need to visit a garden centre to stock up on potting compost.
                          Also hoping to buy some flower seeds.

Have a good day all.
                          The weeks are flying by now.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, we have cool and calm and slightly brighter than yesterday, a trip over the hills into deepest darkest Aberdeenshire saw a bit of snow, but only a dusting at almost 2000 feet. The garden centre at Banchory is still divesting itself of Xmas stuff with next to no gardening fare on show yet, but a nice coffee and bacon butty with friends went down well.

Comment

• Morning all,weather ok here,keep hearing about the white stuff,pleased it is giving us a wide berth,waiting for home fairy to arrive,afraid the badun has taken roots ,have a bit of sewing to do,on driving on our front this morning,a hurst pulled up,none tolled us,poor lady,apparently lying in state at home,for overseas reletives to pay respects,have a good day and,you now what
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening all, it’s been a while and hope you are all well!
                                Just wanted to share that I had my last chemotherapy cycle this morning so phase one is over! Phase two surgery mid March, not looking forward to that but needs must. Hopefully I’ll be back taking part in the Grapevine in a couple of weeks. Chemo has been hard at times but it’s my friend who is helping me but unfortunately I haven’t been feeling like doing my usual things but now it’s over hopefully it’s back to the usual!
                                Hope to catch up again soon. Look after yourselves! Jay x
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X