Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, not as windy as predicted, but it was rough in the night, not been out yet, but can't see any damage, my wind break Beech hedge I planted a few years back is earning it's keep.

Comment

• Mornings!

Still very windy here, and another fencepost started leaning over during the night Gusts aren't quite as strong as last w/e but it's been blowing for a long time now, and not supposed to ease up until this evening. Lots of rain as well, so guess what? Yup the path is flooded again
      I'm still trying to diet but could murder a decent breakfast this morning, so bacon egg and tomatoes are just about to go in the pan.

Have a good'un

Comment

• Good morning all.
        A dry morning for a change and not as breezy.
        Off to mass shortly and I think it will be an indoor day after that.

We have just had a fry up as well Thelma.
        Sometimes nothing else fits the bill.

Have a good day all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon here, just. So afternoon, all.

Bright blue again, but another frost. Even so, the toads are still giving it gyp all night. And the almond blossom is beautiful. One thing I am missing this year is blackbird song. It's the first year since we've been here that we haven't had a blackbird singing. We had two in our valley last year, one higher up the valley and one just over the way from us. Very sad.

Busy day today and a great pile of washing-up sitting about demanding attention too. So better get on with the show.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Catch you later.

Comment

• I've had my exercise for today. Walked the dog then loaded transported and stacked five barrow loads of logs under cover close to the door. We weren't desperate for logs but I thought I had better get it done whilst it wasn't raining.
            Brought in a bag full of shallots in which I intend to pickle before they start sprouting again.The ones that have started to sprout I will plant up in the allotment.

Noticed the wind has snapped a post at one end of my 6 foot high fence. Hopefully it will stay up until I can re-post it once the high winds have finished.

Haver a good day folks.
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Still raining but the wind has dropped and the re-glazed greenhouse is still glazed, the mastic has worked and there is a lot of my sowings are coming up.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Happy sunless Sunday!
                Our beloved River Taff has burst its banks in numerous places along the valley and there's a lot of flooding- houses, town centres, allotments etc. People being evacuated by boat.
                I'm OK as I'm a few hundred feet up the hillside and, AFAIK, all my family are well away from the flooded areas. Just off to brave the roads and check on my Mum - who should be OK.
                Hope nobody on the Vine has been Dennised. Stay safe!

Comment

• We now have what looks like a pleasant spring day, wind not too bad, so a bit of potting on in the greenhouse has been done15 degrees in there, quite nice. Still expecting winter to come back here though, can't believe this is all we are getting by way of cold.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Happy sunless Sunday!
                    Our beloved River Taff has burst its banks in numerous places along the valley and there's a lot of flooding- houses, town centres, allotments etc. People being evacuated by boat.
                    I'm OK as I'm a few hundred feet up the hillside and, AFAIK, all my family are well away from the flooded areas. Just off to brave the roads and check on my Mum - who should be OK.
                    Hope nobody on the Vine has been Dennised. Stay safe!
                    Did your Mum get her telegram from the Queen VC.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                      We have just had a fry up as well Thelma.
                      Sometimes nothing else fits the bill. Have a good day all and stay safe.
                      We had bacon, eggs, toms and mushrooms on a sourdough oat cake. Very tasty
                      We've had a mix of rain and hail up to yet so nothing done outdoors apart from getting lettuce from the GH. We're find here but our nearest town has roads closed due to flooding
                      Stay safe.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                        Well, we have had all the weather combinations except snow.
                        Sunshine, rain, hail, thunder, lightening and gale force winds.
                        Fortunately we dont live 8n a flood zone although water tends to settle in my front garden sometimes.
                        Stay safe all and hope this bad weather passes soon.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                          Did your Mum get her telegram from the Queen VC.
                          Yes, Snadge but its a card with a tassel. She also had a card from the Secretary of State for DWP that says "Telegram" on the front but is really a card with a totally overwhelming photo of the Houses of Parliament, a pretty card with daffodils on the front that is very pretty from the Welsh Assembly/Senedd and a letter from the SoS for Wales which was just that a letter without any pretty pictures.
                          Its the thought that counts!!
                          Her little flat is full of flowers, plants and cards and not enough surface to put them on. Touch one card and the rest come down like dominoes.
                          We bought her a 55" TV and put it on the wall out of harm's way - with a Big button remote. When I arrived today, she was sleeping through the snooker.

The rain has stopped and the sun came out this afternoon - they say the worst is over but there'll be plenty of mopping up on the river banks.

Comment

• Evening ,what a horrible day,well it was when i looked out the window between sleeps ,hope everyone stays safe,pleased your MOM had a nice day VC .
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening all, day started really well and we had lunch with my brother and his wife in a GC roughly half way between us. Had a very light tea because we ate too much at lunchtime . The weather later turned awful and the rain has been throwing at the front window. It's supposed to calm down before morning so I'll hopefuly get up to some calm

Comment

• As bramble says we had it all in one day except the snow. Down in Kildare we had 2 power outages. Stay safe everybody
                                Last edited by Can the Man; 16-02-2020, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X