No announcement yet.

The what makes you happy thread 2019

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting grape flower buds on an old vine that was given to me, as a cutting by Hildegard, a lovely Austrian lady and beekeeper, sadly no longer with us. Its the first time I have spotted flowers on it so I'm hoping that this year, I'll be eating Hildegard's grapes and thinking of her and all she taught me.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	E017FACB-8364-475D-A888-70F53E73E3BC.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	2383185

My 5ft cherry and one of the 20 village cherries. Stunning. A huge amount of cherries are due. Yum yum.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Cuckoo.

Heard it the other day while lying in bed but thought it was just wishful thinking, as it stopped. But there it is again.

Blackbird.
        Singing lustily despite the rain. Lovely song.

Comment

• That we now have 4 new chooks in our flock
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Acquiring 40 paving slabs for my shed base. The site manager offering to help me collect them.

Comment

• Hearing owls every night, ive never heard them around here. We have plenty of woodpeckers and bird singing and chirping, the owl hoots are new, lovely.

Comment

• My Loofa got two flowers on it

Comment

• ^^^^^^^ Maybe the bath water is just the right temperature.

Yes I know NCOTRT.

X
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Lumpy's sense of humour.

Plus, while weeding my top veg patch, I discovered that the worm population has prospered. Counterbalanced by my sadness at the plummeting worm population due to the depredation by the chickens, which came to see what I was up to. Counterbalanced by my optimism at the worm-fuelled eggs that might be laid tomorrow.

Comment

• First sale from my little plant barrow outside the front gate.

Comment

• My asparagus seedlings are up - they look just like 3 inch high asparagus ferns!
                        April sown toms and chillies have overtaken the January ones too ;-)

Comment

• am a happy little bunny,
                          being given help to work and set up my new phone,and set it all up to the computor,these new ones are mind blowing,i got a huawei mate 20 lite,means i can now upload pics again,a phone app for another phone was installed,it gives many more resolutions,plus i was shown how to downsize them,easy when you know how,and just hope i CAN remember,
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Seeing a hedgehog trundling past the lounge window late last night and a little frog hiding under the Bay tree at the allotment this morning.

Comment

• Mr Snoop has fabricated a repair for the tiller (see minor rant thread for details) out of bent wire. So far, so good. Feeling a bit like Cinderella: I shall have a vegetable patch.

Comment

• My potatoes have finally started poking through. Have been getting a bit worried because I put them in a month ago. Am also very excited to see lots of flowers on my strawberries.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X