No announcement yet.

The what makes you happy thread 2019

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My seedlings sprouting. (that, or its a whole bunch of random weeds sprouting.)

Comment

• Seeing the green woodpecker on the lawn early morning (hopefully) eating the red ants! Slightly offset by the wider shot of my cat eating a baby rabbit just outside the porch door. Enough to put me off my toast anyway
      Biting off more than I can chew since 1983

Comment

• What seems like weeks ago (somehow planting diary went out of the window along with good intentions so I don't know when) I planted some radishes in one of those small brown plastic deep trays I'd bought mushrooms in. The seeds had germinated on a windowsill and had gone into the greenhouse. The tops had grown really well, but no bottoms but they kept getting watered with everything else on the bench. Yesterday, while taking the fleece off everything and watering, I moved the greenery and noticed radishes had actually grown below. I picked a few fully expecting them to have the consistency of old boots (tough and leathery) because they seemed to have grown so slowly. WRONG! They were wonderful and not a hint of toughness and no slug holes. Glad to say plenty more in box. There is now another box planted on my windowsill.

Comment

• Family get togethers...precious times in an otherwise very busy world.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Sleeping like a log. Just woke up once at 5AM, but, after a quick peek at the clock, dropping straight back off. I feel marvellous........ready to face the day. The only annoying thing is "What was the secret?" I don't know.

Comment

• Whilst OH was in bed sleeping I’ve watched the 2019 Full Monty thingy.
              The women’s program was lack lustre and uninformative about breast, cervical or ovarian cancer.
              However, I really really applaud the Men’s Zfull Monty as it was actually about prostate (my BI L is down to days so any man reading this and had possible symptoms get to the quacks) and testicular cancer.
              So very proud of them.
              X
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Was at work last night awful shift was in a stinker of a mood (I know what your thinking this isn’t a what makes you happy moment...) went to bed for 2 hours got up took my god daughter to a farm fed some goats watched a cow being milked and splashed in some muddy puddles had a cuppa and a natter with my friend was force to read the dinosaur who pooped a princess and wonky donkey and loved every moment of it- including sorting her out when she had an accident (she’s toilet training)
                Feel ready to tackle the world.... right after I’ve had some sleep

Comment

• Got up and went out in a hurry this morning. When I got in I took off my boots and saw my feet.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20190509_135236.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	2383491
                  I was going to have a rant getting old and going doolally. But it keeps making me smile whenever I glance downwards and see my mismatched feet and after all who says we have to wear matching socks.

Comment

• Took dog to the doggy doc this morning for her to be checked after having a tumour removed from her mouth.
                    Yes she has lymph lumps which isn’t good news but what made me happy.........
                    People say dogs don’t have expressions except for normal or snarl just before they bite you......well...... the look of complete and total indignation when the vet shoved a thermometer up.....into.....oh heck you know where on Maggie face was brilliant.
                    There’s life in the old Staff yet.
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Rain just rain. ..not had any for sooooo long.

Comment

• Getting my hearing aids,oh my,everything is amplified,yes there are birds around,and other noises,i have got to get used to them,i am supprised at how things do sound,it's like being in front of a mic,even hear yourselfe breathing,this is only my second day,a world of descovery eh,thank you NHS.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Did you hear that pin drop Lottie?

100 germination on all my beans

Comment

• Some of my seeds, that I planted outside at Easter, are actually starting to show. Happy Days . If it's not raining tomorrow, I am going to check on my '1st earlies' (potatoes), top up with compost, probably give them their first feed. And might even start the '2nd earlies' - if I have enough compost

Comment

• Seen my first damselfly of the year.

Comment

• Starting my 30-hour week next week. Fun times start now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X