Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH didn't need help so far today, so I've been in the kitchen!
    Made 2dozen mincepies (half apple and half mincemeat mix so not too sickly) , a pavlova and 18 chocolates!
    The choccie she turned out really, really well. Dead simples.
    Melt choccie in the microwave stirring regularly so as not to get hotspots.
    Sprinkle some edible golden silk stars into the base of small choccie moulds, then fill with chocolate to desired thickness.
    Leave in fridge for 20 mins. Done!
    I used dark chilli chocolate. All now hidden away in a cold place until nearer Xmas.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Early afternoon all.

amazing how a small drop in temperature can make such a big difference. My feet are cold . It is dry though so at least that is something. Keeping myself occupied preparing greenhouses for the activity which starts after Christmas

Comment

• Oh and meant to say, made french onion soup with sourdough bread topped with comte cheese for lunch. super super yummie.
        Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 07-12-2019, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Evening its been a sunny but cold day here think i'll write cards this evening might get me in the festive mood.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Just back from an enjoyable day first at a pantomime then a high tea though a good day it has been raining heavy all day, now going to watch some gardening vidios while OH catches up on that dance programme then the hospital one, well enjoy what's left of the weekend and keep a smile handy
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
              Yet more sploshy stuff!

Breakfast in bed anyone?....looks like you're all having a bit of a lie in!?

We have some watermelon to eat up, but I'll send you all some croissants if you fancy?
              ( it's really more of a bacon butty or porridge day in reality though eh?)

Has everyone got their trees sorted yet? I'm hoping to get mine up next weekend
              Last edited by Nicos; 08-12-2019, 09:02 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning just finished of my sourdough oatcakes with bacon, eggs and tomatoes was very nice but I'll still enjoy my pinhead oats I'll be eating for the rest of the week.

No tree here Nicos we only decorate the mantle piece with holly and candles the rest is felt decorations hung from wall lights. It does look festive though even without the tree.

Bread baking first then I'm not sure what after that have a good Sunday eveyone.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, porridge eaten and off out with our visitor for the day, have a good one all.

Comment

• Good Morning All Windy. Have a lovely Sunday
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning All

+8° and dry, you all know what that means......it's plot time

Happy Sunday All

Comment

• Morning all
                        Nicos I got mine down from the loft - but didn't get it out of the box yet Some friends dropped round with a card and we got nattering haha!
                        It's mild and sunny, I really should wander round to the plots to see what's what - but not sure I can be bothered, cos it's sodden underfoot. It rained all night again I may just potter in the greenhouse instead..
                        Have a good'un

Comment

• Happy sunny Sunday

Had a power cut last night, first onto reduced power then off completely - just when I was about to boil a kettle for coffee.
                          Fortunately, I have a "chicken hat"!! It doesn't look like a chicken, nor is it made from feathers - its a woolly hat with a light in the front that I wear when I put the chooks to bed after dark - it helps when I read them a story .
                          I sat around with my hat on until midnight but there was no sign of the power coming back so I went to bed, trying to remember which lights had been switched on when the power cut happened - and turn them off. Needless to say, I got it wrong. The bedside radio woke me as it clicked back on and flashed red numbers in my eyes and the landing light was shining bright lights around the door (so I had to get up to turn it off). It seemed like the middle of the night and I had no idea of the time, even when I woke this morning. Turns out it was about 1am. I've been resetting clocks and timers and I've probably forgotten some of those too. Never mind, the sun is shining and all's right in my world again.

Have a lovely day whatever you're doing!

Comment

• Late checking in.
                            Up early to take in my little grandson.
                            His parents are off on a shopping spree.
                            Nothing will be done in this house only playing with toys.
                            Have a good al

Forgot to say, its .ashing rain and breezy.l

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Snoop...is it your burpday today?
                              Yes, it was. And a fine time I had too.

Hope you're all doing well.

Catch you all later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                                Yes, it was. And a fine time I had too.

Hope you're all doing well.

Catch you all later.
                                Belatedly, many happy returns from I Snoop.
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X