This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    A mild 10 degs this morni g but very breezy.
    Off out to a Christmas fair shortly.
    Granddaughters school are running the event so I must support it.
    Catch you all later.
    Have a good day whatever you're up to.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all,nice ,mild and sunny out,i see on the news that they had an earthquake in bridgewater last night 3.2,how very strange the seasons are,hope peeps are ok,i like my new fairy so far,all good,pace yourself snadger,have a good day and TRY2Bgood2yrselves,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Snoop...is it your burpday today?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon, the suns been out and I only got wet on the way back home so not bad at all.

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Snoop...is it your burpday today?
          Nicos I spotted Snoop mentioned it on the Cooking Tonight thread but its not on the calendar.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon.
            Home from the Christmas fair.
            Bought some glazed dishes, bowls and pots.
            Table napkin holders, red and green felt, very festive.
            Lots of pots with seeds, bee friendly and all ready to be sown.
            Everything at the fair was hand made by the 4th years, all 15 and 16 years old.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all, had a short trip into Montrose, 8 degrees and pleasant enough out, got some more bird food, nyger seed seems to be popular this year with finches and sparrows. Sky clearing now so expecting a frost, I noted the snow has gone from the lower hills since the temperature rise.

Comment

• Good evening, its quite mild here as well, was going to go up for the dog this morning when I was told that OH had a hair appointment, which I was assured, I had been told about, so took her to the hair dressers and while waiting I went for some messages, then stood around waiting for her to come out, as it was quite a nice morning I waited out side the car till she came back, then when taking her home the heavens opened and we had a torrential downpour, waited a bit but it wasn't slacking so into the waterproofs and went for the dog took her out in the heavy rain then back home and just in time he house water running out of us and the rain stopped had a quick lunch then out to the school for a Christmas fair thankfully mum and dad was there as well or it would have cost me a fortune but I,do have three nice cheeses to try OH is suggesting we put them past for christmas, not too sure of that as our son, son in law and the 4 grandsons all like cheese, so knowing my luck wouldn't get any as when it comes to the boy's I am away down the pecking list, even the 2 dogs are in front of me right need to go I have the tea to make, enjoy your night
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Well, after shifting 27 heaped wheel barrow loads of logs 50 metres to the top of the garden and stacking them under cover I am cream crackered.

Nice cup of strong tea and some of OH's leek and bacon pie should see me happily settled in front of the telly for the rest of the evening.
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Evening all. Been milder here than of late but not so mild as other places. Note I never mentioned warm, it just wasn't so cold . I got my pickling shallots for show planted in 3 ltr pots two per pot. Then washed another batch of pots for my better half to plant her shallots in. Mine in green square pots, hers in round black ones so there can be no arguments later. These need to pass through a 300mm ring later so will be harvested before they are mature. The biggest problem is that they can continue to grow after being lifted so timing is important. Leave them too long and they will be too big.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                      Sploshy again!

Hoping to get the rest of the Xmas decorations up today-apart from the tree

It's the tradition here to put a small real tree outside the house and attatch empty parcels or bows on it.
                      Instead we put parcels in our small plum tree. I'd rather have a cut tree inside the house even if it doesn't last as long.

More diy today in the lounge. It's much, much slower than I was expecting *sigh
                      We've also decided to paint all the exposed beams. They were new in the '80s then covered with thick dark varnish and can't easily be cleaned up. They actually look a total mess so that's an extra, unexpected job might as well do a proper job eh?
                      As my father used to say "If a job is worth doing , then do it properly" ....thanks dad

Cuppa first though!
                      Anyone care to join me?
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning Nicos and All Looks like rain here. Washing on the radiators then. Thanks for the cuppa Nicos. Have a good day All
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornings!
                          Another grey, mild morning - rain in the forecast but none here yet If it stays dry, I really must strim the grass, it's too long to mow now!
                          Other than that more xmas crafting, or there'll be no presents to wrap at this rate

Have a good weekend, whatever you're up to

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            Dull but dry here.
                            Pitch and putt today, second last of the year.
                            Enjoy your day whatever you're up to.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Christmas tree day today. I bet the lights will need renewing from last year? Seem to buy new lights every year.
                              A lot milder this morning and my dog was deeply upset that another dog had poo'ed in his pooing spot in the farmers field.
                              Maybe a bit of tidying of the borders later and hanging up a tea pot with hay in it for the resident robin. This was what seemed a good idea I watched on a gardening program.

Have a good day peeps.
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning whats left of it,another nice day here,enjoy it while it lastes,even from behind the patio doors,still need to get momentum for doing owt outside,have a good day and Bgood2yrselves.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X