Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all, good to see you're getting your lie-in, FF. Tea and coffee in the usual places for when you're ready for them. No croissants, I'm afraid. But Nicos might have those (if we're lucky).

Grey and chilly out there. So I've got the fire going already. Dogs very happy with the arrangement.

Busy, busy, busy again. But that keeps the bank and the builder happy. Plus, I have developed cookery habits to which I wish to become accustomed. Standards are definitely rising in this primitive outpost of Spain.

Have a good one, everyone. Catch you later.

Comment

• Morning another icy start went out to collect the milk and do recycling earlier couldn't lift the bin lid its frozen so will try later by banging on the lid don't like to do that before 7am..

be back later.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
        Bright sunshine here...and no frost. Think that's due in the next couple of days.

Porridge for me today (no crossants in the freezer sadly ) , but first I need to open my choccie advent calendar.
        Anyone else munching their way through a choccie Advent Calendar?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning All

Nippy start to the day at -4°

Beautiful blue skies so will be plotting later

Have a warm Monday

Comment

• Good Morning All Thanks for the breakfast Snoop and I had a lovely lie in with a couple of hours reading. Frost is clearing as the sun is shining. Experimenting with the processor again for pastry. It would save me so much time if I could get it right. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornings!

A frosty 1C but the sun is back I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit before I go for a walk though Brrr
              The sewing machine is out already, I've been making some patchwork things for presents. My first C. card arrived this morning - I haven't even bought mine yet... plus, along the terrace trees and lights are being put up. I'd best get my act together

Have a good'un

Comment

• I only send 3xmas cards these days!...one to my mom and one to each of my children.
                But thanks for the heads up Thelma as there is a postal strick starting here on Thursday and I need to get them on their way!
                Everyone else gets a long email or phone call.
                Xmas cards are hard to find here...they tend to send New Year cards instead.

Nippy innit?
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  Dry and overcast with temp of 2 degs.
                  Doing some shopping this morning.
                  I need to get c cards to send to Australia , America.and UK.
                  Once they're sent it's just local ones.
                  Hunting down gifts for my now teenage granddaughters.
                  It's a difficult age to buy for and it would be easier to just give cash but needs must.
                  Hope everyone has a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, frost has gone just now, but the wind coming off the snow topped hills is bitter, fed the birds, nice to see a Greenfinch in amongst the Goldies. Takes care all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      but first I need to open my choccie advent calendar.
                      Anyone else munching their way through a choccie Advent Calendar?
                      Happy Monday

Click image for larger version

Name:	advent.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	2385801

Comment

• Good day all,sunny today but very cold,still got my fur friend,so entertaining,must get my seeds in order,ready for the start,have a good day and Bgood2yrselves.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                          Good Morning All Experimenting with the processor again for pastry. It would save me so much time if I could get it right.
                          What do you think is the problem?

Possible suggestions. You don't want the flour and fat to get hot, as you know, so cut the fat into relatively small bits so the machine can quickly 'rub' it in. Add your usual amount of water and wait till it comes together. I used to think it wasn't going to happen and would add more. Still had decent pastry, but patience made all the different between OK and good pastry (as good as biscuits, says Mr Snoop). If you're really keen, apparently you can freeze the fat for a bit and grate it into the flour using one of the discs (though I've never bothered with that).

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                            My first C. card arrived this morning -)
                            I've spent the morning making Cards just got to tidy up my craft room but as usual I've trailed bit of paper everywhere
                            No advent calendar for me I don't really like Chocolate I did have a nice one last year with jams though.

Best get the hoover out.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Jury's still of Snoop it's chilling in the fridge. Followed the Hairy Bikers recipe for orange pastry mince pies. I wonder if 450g of flour is too much for the processor, it took a while to mix? Off to roll out now, so will let you know
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening all.
                                Got a lot of my shopping done this morning.
                                I have spent the afternoon making a batch of vegetable soup.
                                A very productive day.
                                Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse