Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy rain... I can but dream. And that was an up-and-down kind of day, Janie. Nowhere near as much drama here. Main event yesterday here was Mr Snoop went into the village to watch an outdoor screening of a Mary Poppins sequel.

So, another busy day ahead but will get an afternoon nap. That's my main event of today.

Have a good one, meanwhile.

Comment

• Mornings!
      Persisting down here when I first got up - but stopped too quickly The soil needs a lot more than that to get back to normal *sigh* Hoping for more later and tomorrow, fingers crossed. Still, I'm glad I got my winter cabbage and some late swede planted yesterday, they'll be glad of the damp for a couple of days
      Mollycat ran out, stopped, jumped round in a circle and ran back in. So funny to see -she doesn't like wet feet
      Domestics for this morning, then I'll see if I can get enough enthusiasm together for some decorating.

Have a good'un whatever your weather
      Last edited by Thelma Sanders; 09-08-2019, 07:44 AM. Reason: spooling mistooks

Comment

• Morning everyone, it rained during the night as expected and now the sun is out. I kid you not.
        I’m more than sure it will continue raining shortly.
        Hubby put anything portable flower wise under cover yesterday.
        They can stay there until tomorrow
        Runner beans are coming to an end, only had enough for me to eat yesterday
        Have a lovely day folks
        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
          Yipppeee!....we had our first decent 'proper' rainfall overnight.The ground is actually wet! Not checked how deep it's gone though...
          Very pleased to hear your good health news Janie. Must be a heck of a relief
          Another busy day ahead, but am going to a BBQ this evening.
          So...best crack on!
          See ya later peeps...
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Lots of rain overnight so the water butts are full again.
            The dahlias are hanging their heads a little due to the amount of moisture on them.
            Think domestics are in order today.
            Hoping to get out in the garden later.
            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all..

Very wet and thunderous night last night.

Some of of the loudest thunder I have ever heard

Wet all day too so no gardening after work..well, apart from picking some Jalapenos for this treat

Was yum
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Tripmeup; 09-08-2019, 08:14 PM.
              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
              sigpic

Comment

• Morning everyone, suns out and the wind is blowing. Perfect drying weather, but I don’t think it will stay on the line!
                Back to work after 3 days off, missed it as well
                Have a great day folks
                PS Nicos how’s the diet going?
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                  Weigh in is on Monday NS.
                  So far 9lbs
                  Bit of a hiccup this weekend with 2big events though (nice change in reality)

Really windy here too. Glad we took down parasols, tent, tucked away garden furniture...
                  Been watching my sunflowers and climbing beans poles swaying around...fingers crossed eh?
                  Off to a medieval fair later on, then a 60th birthday party until stupido'clock.fr.....weird how all social events seem to be crammed together, then nothing for weeks!

Enjoy your weekend peeps...see ya later!

Comment

• Good Morning All Warm here but nothing else - yet. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, everyone.

Mr Snoop made tea today so I had a bit of a lie-in. A mistake. He watered most things last night, so I thought I wouldn't have much to do. But it was such a warm night (30 ºC was forecast, but probably top 20s) and a bit windy too that everything had dried up. So another full round to be done, and the wasps were already up and looking for water in the barrels too. Don't really like having to compete with them...

Picked some aubergines and another load of courgettes, plus a bag of French beans. They look lovely. Lessons to be learned: I can easily spot the yellow ones and the plants I've got (Ramdor) are very vigorous and productive; purple ones don't cope in the heat; I find the green ones difficult to spot (need to wear my glasses next time).

Guess what? It's time for a mid-morning nap.

Catch you later (when I wake up). Have a good one meanwhile.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        A very breezy and shower morning.
                        I am taking part in a pitch snd putt competition today.
                        I think the weather will be a challenge but my name is on the list so the show must go on.
                        Have a good day all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornings,
                          Good luck with pitch & putt if your wind is as strong as ours - was nearly blown over going for the paper Greenhouses are in lockdown, so no gardening today

Don't know what to do with myself although there is always housework

Enjoy the rest of the day
                          Last edited by Thelma Sanders; 10-08-2019, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                            Home now after a very wet and windy day.
                            I can honestly say I enjoyed it but we battled against the weather.
                            40 ladies turned out and we had a great day.

Thelma...yes the wind was extremely strong but I love the outdoors.
                            Have a good evening all.4

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Seemed to be a quiet night despite the forecast. I bet I've lots of windfalls to pick up from the apple tree though because it was a bit on the breezy side. Still in bed with my cup of tea and a book Have a lovely Sunday
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all
                                Crawled in this morning just before 2am....and a busy Mrs Mop day ahead

Our garden looks a terrible mess with all the cherry leaves blown onto the ground. We have two huuuuge ones front and back ( and not a cherry between them)
                                The wind ,fortunately ,hasn't damaged anything..which is a surprise!... but Flo has just reminded me to check out our ONE apple to see if it managed to cling on .
                                I've been lovingly watching it grow...if it's still there, I may even give it a pet name......any suggestions????

Time to crack on...see ya later peeps!...enjoy your day.
                                Last edited by Nicos; 11-08-2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X