Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016... So far this year I have preserved.....

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the first time I've Pickled some nasturtium seeds.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      For the first time I've Pickled some nasturtium seeds.
      I've been meaning to do that but I keep eating the flowers

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Can one of you lovely people let me have recipe for pickled nasturtiums seeds please.

Comment

NG coud I be cheeky and ask for your recipe for sweet and spicy pink mixed pickles - I'm intrigued!!

Comment

^^^It is the first time I have done it so won't know for a month how good it is.

Chop up whatever veg (carrot, beans, onion, cauly, cue etc.) make sure you include red beetroot. sprinkle with salt and leave over night. In the morning strain but don't rinse. Pack into sterilised jars and add chillies. top with sweet vinegar - boil together 200ml white malt, 200ml water, 20-50g sugar (depending on taste). That should do one large jar

Comment

making onion chutney NOW

Comment

Originally posted by crannman View Post
                making onion chutney NOW
                Recipe please, crannman...!
                ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

[QUOTE=Nicos;1474859
                  So far we're eating up the first of our courgettes, but I can see the glut may soon be upon us![/QUOTE]

unfortunately out of three courgette plants which were producing plenty early on, only one left and it doesn't look healthy, and not flowering .....no glut for me ....
                  Didn't even get chance to freeze any .........
                  And I've been collecting up all the lovely recipes in readiness .... ho-hum, always next year .......

I have, however got tromboncino which aren't doing too badly ~ could I substitute in the soup recipes etc, the trombo's for the courgette.......?
                  - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

From this ----------to this ------------

(My kitchen smells LOVELY ~ can't wait to get tucked into my hot piccalilli ....!!! )

Oh, does anyone know how long it should be stored for before I can start scoffing it .........?
                    Attached Files
                    - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

This afternoon kitchen antics.
                      6 jars of plum jam
                      5 jars of plum chutney

Not sure about the chutney, I think it's going to be more like runny lumpy jam! But I will reserve judgment until he who eats chutneys ( Bob ) gives his expert opinion

Comment

Originally posted by SusieG View Post
                        Oh, does anyone know how long it should be stored for before I can start scoffing it .........?
                        I always think it's best to leave at least 3 months but you can eat straight away if you can't wait.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                          Not sure about the chutney, I think it's going to be more like runny lumpy jam! But I will reserve judgment until he who eats chutneys ( Bob ) gives his expert opinion
                          He who eats chutney says fantastic if slightly runny. What do I know, I just make the stuff ( I don't eat very much at all )

Comment

12x 1 litre preserving jars of various types of ratatouille
                            8x jars of gingered gooseberry jam.
                            Yup, it was cooler to be slaving over a hot stove than be outdoors today!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

More pickled Cuc & Onion mix..or bread and butter pickles as some call them...
                              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                              sigpic

Comment

Three jars of strawberry jam, and 7 jars of blackberry jelly. I like jam best in jam tarts, so that will last me over the winter.....
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X