Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016... So far this year I have preserved.....

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 2 jars of plum chilli sauce
    3 jars of tomato and chilli chutney

Comment

2 jars of pickled onions
      2 jars of apple and plum chutney
      1 Apple crumble ( that's not going to last long though)

Comment

My first ever preserve - funky coloured beetroots in Swedish white vinegar and spices

Happy bank holiday to everybody
        Attached Files
        Nature is amazing
        Instagram: @frankinkent

Comment

Today I bottled 8 half litre Kilner jars of tomato and basil sauce and 1 of whole cherry toms. Phew!

I forgot how loud a snap they make when they cool OMG

Comment

Originally posted by OscarSidcup View Post
            My first ever preserve - funky coloured beetroots in Swedish white vinegar and spices

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68254[/ATTACH]

Happy bank holiday to everybody
            Looks good OscarSidcup ...... not heard of Swedish white vinegar: what's difference between that and ordinary white vinegar...?
            ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
            a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
            - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

28 jars piccalilli
              14 jars of piccachilli

Have the ingredients lined up for peach schnapps
              and peach and Amaretto mincemeat.
              Apricots waiting to be turned into jam

Comment

1 X 2lt jar pickled beetroot
                1 jar of hot chilli sauce
                4 X plum & Ginger chutney
                5 X plum & apple jam
                3 X 2 portions of roasted tomato sauce (now in the freezer).

Comment

5 pounds of seedless raspberry with a hint off blueberry jam,cos i only had a few feeble blueberry's,prept a few beens for the freezer,

just to add,looks like you have all been busy little beezzzzzzzzzzz,well done
                  Last edited by lottie dolly; 29-08-2016, 05:33 PM.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

2 x apple and rhubarb crumbles
                    3 x tomato soup
                    2 x potato and marrow soup
                    2 x sweet potato soup
                    big bag of chopped runner beans
                    big bag of blackberries
                    smaller bag of mangetout
                    in freezer

4 marrows hanging in garage as well as onions, red onions and shallots

Just ordered some ceramic baking beans so I can make some cheese and tomato and cheese and onion quiches for the freezer this week.

Never tried making pickle but I've seen a good looking tomato one on the BBC food site I shall be trying soon.
                    LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

Hi all... I've just been given a large bag of delicious looking blackberries. I don't have time to do much with them right now and I'm struggling for inspiration in my usual places. Does anyone have any recommendations for a preserve (chutney, jam, jelly, cordial?) I can make fairly easily and enjoy when I have more time!!

Thanks

p.s. If it helps chutney wise I have a boat load of toms too, but not sure they'd go together?!
                      Last edited by vixylix; 30-08-2016, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vixylix View Post
                        Hi all... I've just been given a large bag of delicious looking blackberries. I don't have time to do much with them right now and I'm struggling for inspiration in my usual places. Does anyone have any recommendations for a preserve (chutney, jam, jelly, cordial?) I can make fairly easily and enjoy when I have more time!!

Thanks

p.s. If it helps chutney wise I have a boat load of toms too, but not sure they'd go together?!
                        I've not been able to find any chutney recipes using soft fruit (apples yes, lots of them, plums a few, but soft fruit, nothing ). I had a look a while ago when I was picking bucket load of the stuff because the other half prefers chutney to jam. I just froze it all and will turn it into something when I have time.

Comment

Can't help with a Tried and tested jam recipe either. It's one fruit I've never grown

Comment

Ha thats exactly what I have done SP The MIL picked them though so I know for a fact she'll ask me what I did with them!

Comment

1 large jar of Chinese style plum sauce
                              Another 3 jars of chilli plum sauce
                              1 massive disaster of plum flapjacks ( tastes ok, but looks nothing like a flapjack I've ever seen! )

Comment

I have blackberry chutney recipes but I was not fussed with them.

I would freeze them and use them for jam, crumbles and cakes when you have the time. And things like ice cream, mousses and cheesecakes.

Or blackberry brandy or whisky

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X