Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizzas tonight ( don’t tell your OH snoop!)

not quite sure what toppings but one will be a tomato based one and the other a typical Normandie topping using creme fraiche.

(The next few days are going to be interesting.....Chinese New Year next Friday, Valentines Day on Sunday, then Pancake Day the following Tuesday! ) yummy yum!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good grief, Nicos. That's not helping the diet cause one bit!

Comment

• ^^^^ mental health...mental health

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          ^^^^ mental health...mental health
          I know, I know. We've just been talking about the same kind of thing. Friday night is still diet night, but I've said I'll make a smallish ring cake this weekend and any left over can be cut up and frozen (thanks to you for the info that cakes can be frozen) and eaten over next week in very small slices in place of the yogurt or fruit we would normally have for afters. Keeps up the sweet food itch, mind, but at least it's instead of rather than as well as...

Comment

• Lunch was the staple

Supper tonight will be a Chicken Curry, Rice and Naan Bread

Happy Friday all and have a good weekend!
            "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
            - Henry Beard

Comment

• Tonight is going to be roast chicken, roast parsnips, mashed potato and swede, carrots and sprouts with gravy.

Comment

• It's the weekend, so no diet.

Lunch: Onion and saffron roast chicken drumsticks, tadka carrot salad, courgette fritters and a small amount (honest) of rice cooked in chicken stock; a piece of cake for afters; 1/2 a bottle of lambrusco. Sorry if the lambrusco is infra dig, but I love it!

Supper: courgette and goat's cheese soup.

Extras: walnut loaf and a ring cake, orange-flavoured I think today.

Edited to say: I only like red lambrusco. Even I think the pink stuff is undrinkable.
                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 06-02-2021, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Tonight more of yesterdays roast chicken with fried up potato and veg (bubble and squeak), beetroot and gravy.

Comment

• Duck breast in a shallot creamy sauce with roast parsnips and broccoli followed by apple and black currant Charlotte with a pastry base.( Has that got a name????)...with custard.

Comment

• I have some brisket defrosting for tomorrow.....

Comment

• Not a sausage of yesterday happened except for the Lambrusco. Mr Snoop needed an assistant mechanic for some car repairs and everything went out the window. And I'm determined to make pasta today, so the chicken drumsticks have gone in the freezer for another day.

Lunch: gnocchi sardi with broccoli; plum crumble and cream for pud.
                        Supper: carrot and apple soup.

Edited: there shall be no pasta today. Too many other things to do instead... Aargh. Lunch: Doro wat (from the freezer) with lentils; mince pies and cream for afters.
                        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 07-02-2021, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                          Not a sausage of yesterday happened except for the Lambrusco.
                          Ha ha!...I see you have your priorities right!

Our brisket is in the oven slow cooking in beer with carrots and onions. The house smells wonderful .
                          hasselback spuds and garden kale and chard to accompany.

More of that apple and blackcurrant charlotte x bake well tart for pud with some vanilla ice cream

I had made some Victoria sponge buns too yesterday, some with a chunk of chocolate poked into the middle and others with dried mango. Mainly for freezing, but it looks like Mr Piggy () has tucked into them bigstyle
                          Last edited by Nicos; 07-02-2021, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Lunch: pork (from the freezer) and loads of steamed veg; orange for afters.
                            Supper: soup; yogurt for afters.

Comment

• Yesterday toad in the hole, roasted potatoes, parsnips with cabbage and carrots.

Today homemade burgers, cobs, with a green salad and pickles.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• We’d just decided on frittata using up yesterday’s roast....but then I spotted your post Bren and suggested a toad in the hole instead !
                                Thanks for that

Defrosted black cherries for pud

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X