Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

picked about 10lbs sloes, approx 6lb damsons and 5lbs haws yesterday when we were out for the day in the fens. The blackberries weren't ready.......

Comment

Originally posted by lulubell View Post
      Oooohhhhhh do share Chris
      Near matrix park - by the river! Hopefully shall be going down today

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
        Not strictly what I foraged today, but I found an AMAZING place near work (Swansea) today. Blackberries (tons, I mean binbags full), carrier bags full of elderberries, at least, mulberries (I think - will need to double check), sloes and some other berries that I've not seen before so will take my book tomorrow with me to work, for erm an extended lunch break

Loads of haws and rosehips too - I can't believe no one has picked any / all of them yet. Wish I had some bags on me today as I'd of had some.
        send some down this way!
        http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

i've booked up on a fungi forage in 2 weeks time, and i've found another one local to me, just 10 mins away ....

Comment

Thanks Chris will pop down and have a look. xx

Comment

ohhhhh i want to find stuff growing wild been at my new address only 4 months and not come across anything yet my old house was in distance of a bay leaf tree and a plum tree
              In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Kilo of blackberries - the third from the same patch just up the lane.

I'd love to go mushrooming but everyone is fiercely protective of their patches round here - the hamlet is known locally for its fungi.

We are both reluctant to just go and a have a forage as we don't want to kill ourselves (although our neighbour will id for us) and hunting season started yesterday meaning there is every chance of being shot

And 200g of sloes.
                Last edited by PyreneesPlot; 10-09-2012, 02:35 PM. Reason: forgot the sloes
                Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lulubell View Post
                  Thanks Chris will pop down and have a look. xx
                  np. Didn't get to go down myself.. maybe tomorrow!

Comment

np. Didn't get to go down myself.. maybe tomorrow!
                    Nor me hopefully will get a chance to pop down at the weekend

Comment

Are you local to this area?

Comment

Are you local to this area?
                        Hi Chris yes I live about 10mins away by car from the Matrix.

Comment

I have put this in "recommendations" but for those who may not pick it up:-
                          Alys Fowler The Thrifty Forager - The Works (today) £4.99. Half Amazon price. Not a book I would have ever bought on-line either having been "brought up" with Richard Mabey but tonnes of useful info, well presented.

If people can't find it at all PM me and maybe we can work something out if I buy up the shop!
                          "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

12lb of blackberries, the dog was very fed up by the time I had finished...

Comment

someone has beaten us to the sloes ... so no sloes for us this year ...
                              i'm not going to wait for a frost next year!

Comment

Originally posted by marchogaeth View Post
                                I have put this in "recommendations" but for those who may not pick it up:-
                                Alys Fowler The Thrifty Forager - The Works (today) £4.99. Half Amazon price. Not a book I would have ever bought on-line either having been "brought up" with Richard Mabey but tonnes of useful info, well presented.

If people can't find it at all PM me and maybe we can work something out if I buy up the shop!
                                Its also £4.99 with the book people with free delivery with the code OFFERSEP xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X