No announcement yet.

'Ave Yer Got Sner?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had my closest shave ever on a country road this am. Met a car on a 90º bend. I was in low gear, he was in low gear. My car didn't want to turn and wouldn't stop. His car didn't want to stop. EVentually we stopped millimetres away from each other pheww. Orrible stuff innit

Comment

• Glad you stopped in time AP
      We've had one small flurry but there are some very dark clouds coming in from the east - and fast Very windy and its 0.5C.
      Take care everyone!

Comment

• They said snow showers. And we've had snow blizzards and then sunshine then snow blizzards and then sunshine...
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
          had my closest shave ever on a country road this am. Met a car on a 90º bend. I was in low gear, he was in low gear. My car didn't want to turn and wouldn't stop. His car didn't want to stop. EVentually we stopped millimetres away from each other pheww. Orrible stuff innit
          Glad you stopped ok AP

We loaded all our stuff into our car to move to France in a blizzard. Less than a mile from where were staying we set off down the steep hill in creeping traffic. Low gear. Bang, crunch, slide, hit two cars and a wall and ended up tucked under the under run bars of a truck, with another car.

Collected the important stuff from the (destroyed) car - two lap tops, pot of broad bean seedlings, a chop saw and a bottle of Champagne, - and walked back. Only 800 miles short...
          Last edited by PyreneesPlot; 11-03-2013, 04:04 PM.
          Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• We have bright spells and squally snow showers too, with a heck of a cold wind. It's quite nice in the sunshine, behind glass, but - boy - did I time a run at lunchtime badly. Remembered to put a hat on, but not gloves - big mistake!

Comment

• We woke to snow yesterday morning, but it was forecast to turn to sleet by afternoon. I went to Twickenham, and it was bone dry there, but cold and a bit windy. Came back home to snow, and this morning we've had a blizzard followed by sun, and back to blizzard. Went out with so many layers on, I couldn't move.
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• oh yeh!!!!! !!!...sner, sner and more sner...now with added chill factor!!!

Anyone for a game of footie??

Last edited by Nicos; 11-03-2013, 06:36 PM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]34212[/ATTACH]

They said snow showers. And we've had snow blizzards and then sunshine then snow blizzards and then sunshine...
                  That's just the same weather we've been having all afternoon, I was out shopping during one blizzard and it was difficult to stay upright let along seeing where I was walking.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Am in Brighton tonight and isn't the warm south I was expecting

Comment

• Minus 3 here, no snow but still that icy wind we've had all day

Comment

• Snow on & off all day, still same now Brrr that wind is cold

Comment

• Haven't been outside yet this morning but I'm shivering just looking. Weather forecast says more snow for us today and tomorrow. I think Bummocks is the word

Comment

• Had more overnight snow
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yep, snow here and still falling! Just about to get the boots out and go and start clearing it. We may be able to get out by the end of the week!
                              Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• Snow???

Yeh- just a tad........

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X