This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yesterday was gorgeous here.
    Cloudy this morning but sun looks to be fighting through now.

Comment

Dull and misty in Hull, too until 3pm when the sun came out and it was lovely, if a little chilly.
      I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Comment

i'm in Hull too, greetings spiderling, going to be lovely on Sunday apparently, time to get those plants in the ground before the cold and wet again next week.

Comment

Well, the predicted day of bright sunshine finally started just after 2pm, but luckily lasted until after 5! So, I spent the morning on the pooter, and lunch time 'zapping' Loo roll innards in the Nuker (Microwave). This avo, I spent filling said toobs with compost in readiness for the (supposedly germinating) Parsnip Seeds!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

STILL cold and dull and foggy and drizzly!!! Has been all Easter! Oh well!
            "Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves." Helen Keller

Comment

the suns been out but its windy, the wind is keeping things cool, hoping it goes away for tomorrow as need to dig new raise bed

Comment

Originally posted by stevemac View Post
                yesterday was gorgeous here.
                Cloudy this morning but sun looks to be fighting through now.

You don't get haars every time the tepmerature threatens to get warm, then. We do...

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                  You must be 'Oop north!' it's been boiling here today!
                  As my daughter 'txts' to her friend in Stevenage "Oh shut up!!"

Comment

yes basketcase, one of the worst things about the east coast eh? I've live more inland now but work on the coast and sometimes the difference in weather by the time I get to my work, 20 miles away, is amazing! Sunny here, but haar there! but often it the haar does travel inland
                    "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Originally posted by deezyb View Post
                      yes basketcase, one of the worst things about the east coast eh? I've live more inland now but work on the coast and sometimes the difference in weather by the time I get to my work, 20 miles away, is amazing! Sunny here, but haar there! but often it the haar does travel inland
                      I'm in-between east and west coast.Haar in Inverness-lovely sunny day in my village.The disadvantage is more visible in the winter-no sigle flake of snow in the city and white in the village.Horses for courses as they say...

Comment

i was in Inverness in November and couldn't believe the snow when driving up the A9, back up there next week....no snow this time, I hope
                        "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Nothing to do with East Coast, I'm afraid. We're about as landlocked as you can get and we've had fog, rain and freezing temperatures for two days now. We are probably on the same latitude as you though, so it's probably the whole area that's like this. My poor hands were numb when I gave the chickens fresh water this morning.
                          Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

We've had fog all week ... it lifted today and we had thick cloud instead. Fairly warm lunchtime, but we need the heating on now.
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by basketcase View Post
                              As my daughter 'txts' to her friend in Stevenage "Oh shut up!!"
                              I'm saying nowt about all the southern softies scared of putting tomatoes out yet....mine in the Midlands have been out a fortnight

[I can say that, I was brought up in Kent....]

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                                I'm saying nowt about all the southern softies scared of putting tomatoes out yet....mine in the Midlands have been out a fortnight

[I can say that, I was brought up in Kent....]
                                I'm considering myself brave then cos mine are in the gh, does that count
                                AKA Angie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X