This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
    You must be 'Oop north!' it's been boiling here today!
    When I drove into Keswick this afternoon the car reckoned it was 16 degrees outside. Very hazy though, but apparently that will clear by the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by deezyb View Post
      i was in Inverness in November and couldn't believe the snow when driving up the A9, back up there next week....no snow this time, I hope
      That's how it looks like sometimes(no snow on the roads but plenty on the hills),the weather 20 miles away may be completely different.

As for tonight-windy like hell,draft whistling through the hatch in the door,and the sky on the west(where most of the wather comes from)looks very angry...

Comment

Oh well, forecast is better for the weekend!! Isn't it always! No.
        We get what we're given...........and usually deal with it :0) ( cheers me up when the sun shines).
        "Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves." Helen Keller

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
          I'm considering myself brave then cos mine are in the gh, does that count
          LOL......

Only if the door is open!!!

[Just kidding, it is a bit chilly out there at the moment...]

Comment

Originally posted by deezyb View Post
            yes basketcase, one of the worst things about the east coast eh? I've live more inland now but work on the coast and sometimes the difference in weather by the time I get to my work, 20 miles away, is amazing! Sunny here, but haar there! but often it the haar does travel inland
            I'm the opposite - live near(ish) to the coast and work inland. Very often I can sit outdoors to have my lunch but it's been miserable all day at home. Amazing difference for 7 miles...

Comment

Originally posted by coreopsis View Post
              I'm in-between east and west coast.Haar in Inverness-lovely sunny day in my village.The disadvantage is more visible in the winter-no sigle flake of snow in the city and white in the village.Horses for courses as they say...
              I agree. Just posted about the difference 7 miles makes to sunny weather AOT haar. (Oddly, though, 15 miles down the coast it's often clear and sunny when Aberdeen's haar-bound).

In winter there's often snow near work but not where I live. In fact, we've been sent home from work early due to bad weather to find a really fine layer of snow and a clear sky where I live.

I'm still debating whether the apparent lack of weather-change no matter what the season is an advantage or not!

Comment

We've had heavy cloud/fog for about the past four days in Western Northumberland with daytime temperatures of around 10 degrees. Just as I was about to bring back out me old thermals though, the clouds parted and we've now got sunshine (though it's now after six and will be dusk soon!) A nice weekend is forecast which is good as I'm harrowing my main horse field on Sunday. Am very excited about that as I've never driven a quad before - eeek!

Comment

Can't make its mind up here what it wants to be like we have had all sorts of weather here this week, rain, fog, sunshine, thunder and lightening and now it is cold and windy. Comes with living on this old English Island i suppose!
                  When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Hurrah! The sun's out!
                    On the last day-but-one of the school hols, typical.
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                      Hurrah! The sun's out!
                      On the last day-but-one of the school hols, typical.
                      Yep, and I'm back to school on Monday and they've forecast 18 C down here, bah
                      AKA Angie

Comment

Glorious sunny day, all day !!! And again, last day of our school holiday!
                        Slight frost last night though.
                        "Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves." Helen Keller

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
                          Yep, and I'm back to school on Monday and they've forecast 18 C down here, bah
                          I've been working last 4 nights-brilliant weather,sunshine.Finished work,left the building and what happens?Bl**dy rain
                          Just trying to convince myself that it's good for the garden...

Comment

Sun's just come out again here. Could be our third day of sunshine in a row. Is this a record? The chooks love it but are still glad of the bit of shade under the house.
                            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Yes, after a foggy start we have sun again, poor kids back this morning!

Comment

Us southern softies are basking in glorious sunshine
                                WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X