No announcement yet.

Today's Weather

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a foggy start the day got out really nice. Cool in the shade but made a lovely change to not have rain.
    Northern England.

Comment

• The long range forecast is annoyingly variable. A few days ago it looked like I might be able to start planting tender crops out this Sunday coming, then that got pushed back to Tuesday, and now it's next Thursday.
      The weather for the week ahead has a few chilly nights (down to 6c), too, so that makes it harder for me to harden stuff off. Usually I just stick it out on the patio and leave it there day and night, since it's quite sheltered, then plant it out a week later. But with these night temperatures I'll have to bring them on on the colder nights this week.

Comment

• 5 degrees at the moment but as Ameno says night time temps don't look like they'll pick up that much until we're into June..
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Sunny and cool . Makings of a lovely day , shame the forecast heavy rain is going to spoil it .
          Northern England.

Comment

• Overcast and cool in NE Scotland this morning, rain forecast for later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
              5 degrees at the moment but as Ameno says night time temps don't look like they'll pick up that much until we're into June..
              Was the same temp here MrB. GH toms look fine in the border but I did bring in cucs into the house because they're still in pots.
              Rain due soon and its in for the day.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Very windy today, which makes trying to harden off young plants on the patio even harder. Windy tomorrow, too...

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                5 degrees at the moment but as Ameno says night time temps don't look like they'll pick up that much until we're into June..
                Here in Somerset the night temperatures look like they ought to be okay from Thursday or Friday next week, so at least it's just about still in May...
                Last edited by ameno; 20-05-2021, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Wind and rain since lunchtime

Its supposed to be 9c overnight then back to 6c then down to 4c by weekend.
                  Last edited by Bren In Pots; 20-05-2021, 04:05 PM.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Rain and gale force winds all day.
                    Our back garden is littered with leaves and blossom from the chestnut tree in the grounds behind ourhouse.
                    It actually feels more like autumn.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• 20ft waves off the coast here earlier

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210521_072354.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	2525507
                      I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• ^^^^ That makes me feel queasy just thinking about it

Stupidly windy here too, with an amber weather warning for the wind.
                        I might just move my car from under the sycamore tree!

Perfect for flying a kite!...I’m sure I have one somewhere.....
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^^^
                          Want to feel queasy?

This was the Isles of Scilly ferry quite close inshore. I gather it got rough outside.

https://twitter.com/photogregmartin/...625529350?s=19
                          I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• ^^^^ it gets worse the longer you watch it!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Wild wet and windy here, roads flooded, just been to Arbroath, not nice out there, my broad beans look beaten up.

Comment

• I have got the shields on both my squash beds. They will be staying on for at least another week.
                                Lets hope this wretched weather blows itself out soon.
                                Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X