Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    -2C forecast tonight…feels like -9 C….not far off that now. Glad I’ve covered some of my plants!

Leave a comment:

• Plot70
    replied
    Our rain dried away after a few minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    We had some here Plot, ours wet the GH roof but it dried to fast to be noticeable on the ground.

Leave a comment:

• Plot70
    replied
    We have just had enough rain to make the ground wet and no more.

Leave a comment:

• Plot70
    replied
    We have got three stand pipes for 90 plots.
    No hosepipe warnings from Severn Trent yet....
    It is too hot for bed.

Leave a comment:

• Dorothyrouse
    replied
    I did pop up to allotment early this morning and stuff was actually wilting! Was watered well yesterday, hoping it will be ok, here in Kent, we keep getting’hot weather’ warnings! This will also affect germination I guess!

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    Yorkshire Water are advising us to save water here to avoid hosepipe bans as there has barely been any measurable rainfall since March. I am using about 100l a day on my veg, so I am having to start deciding which to sacrifice in order to save the others, particularly at the allotment. Not what I want to be doing after all the effort of growing it.

Very little rain in the forecast, unless the hot spell next weekend ends in a big thunderstorm, which models are beginning to suggest it might. Much as I detest thunderstorms, I could definitely do with a deluge!

One thing I have not seen much mention of is the risk of fire, as everything is tinder dry. The prospect of lightning striking vegetation when it is like this doesn't bear thinking about.
    Last edited by Penellype; 11-07-2022, 08:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Am starting to think that this very dry and recently hot weather is not going to help my edibles this year.

Leave a comment:

• fimblefowl
    replied
    26°C here, which is hot for here.

Opened the Velux at the top of the stairwell - Cornish air-conditioning. Big faff: have to climb on a chair, but was good to feel the warm air escaping .

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Todays weather is Hot to hot to want to be outdoors.
    Same here Bren - problem is we're just not used to it..

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Todays weather is Hot to hot to want to be outdoors.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    We’re heading for our second heatwave….

Leave a comment:

• fimblefowl
    replied
    Got that advection mist again. Viz 100m but can see the sun!
    Hopefully will burn off before too long.

Leave a comment:

• quanglewangle
    replied
    It's very local advection fog blowing in from the sea, which is still quite cold at the moment.

The the bottom layer of warm moist air coming up from the south is cooled by the sea and the moisture condenses out. 13°C here at the moment.

​​​​Never gets very warm here: the last bit of Cornwall is, apart from a low narrow connection, an island in the North Atlantic.

Greenhouse is fine. The mist is only 100m or so deep so plenty of solar radiation getting through to keep greenhouse at 25°C currently.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Good grief Q ( beautiful fire by the way!)

(we’re not so much further south than you so I imagine that’s the weather we might be getting soon.
    Anything is better than this heatwave - supposed to hit low 40’s today in Normandy )

Is the weather affecting your greenhouse plants?

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X