Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First day, yesterday, I could walk the dog in the morning withoutmy coat on! A jumper was all that was necessary. Soil is deffo starting to warm up.....might even be tempted to plant a few spuds!

I shall go 'coatless' this morning as well methinks!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

i was beginning to think this was a one-man site? come up the hill to consett if you want some weather snadger, you can always ski home!
      jimbo,

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo View Post
        i was beginning to think this was a one-man site? come up the hill to consett if you want some weather snadger, you can always ski home!
        jimbo,
        I was born and lived most of my life at Castleside so I know all about Consett weather!

I haven't always lived 'Across the watter'

Hope you get rid of the snow by June btw!
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Bl**dy cold wet and thoroughly miserable day! Feels like winter has returned with a vengence!
          Left it late to go to lottie and lit the stove to try and take the chill off the greenhouse air. Sowed my Sweet peppers and Chillie peppers and brought them home to put them in my heated propagator in case they died of hypothermia!
          Got a week off work leading up to Easter so I hope the weather improves so I can knock nine bells out of the allotment!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

The peppers have germinated. the weather is wonderful and all is well with the world..........well, my world anyway!
            Very warm today and yesterday but Tuesday was a stay inside day! Forecast is good for the Easter holidays so, worms are dug, now all thats needed is for fishing rods to be packed and the Griswolds hit Kielder resevoir on Sunday! Rainbow trout back on the menu!!!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Was it really last april that I last posted on this thread???........how time flies!

OK, todays weather was sunny and cold! Not much difference from April really is it?
              Tee shirt, jumper and body warmer cold!
              It appears that we are having an early Autumn...where the h*ll did the summer go?
              Pumpkin seems to be suffering from hypothermia so put up a reflective background behind it and a pane of glass in front to try and fool it into thinking summer is still with us! Time will tell I suppose!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Was it really last August that I posted on this thread????...how time flies!

Sorry folks, just had a de ja vou!

We've had frost the last few mornings but its been sunny through the days.
                Went to lottie last night to find it under a pall of smoke! Aaaaah says I, first day of the burning season..........at least at our allotments. I will have a nice bonny at the weekend. Cold weather has just seemed to drop on us this year, not a gradual change in overnight temp as usual but seemingly instantaneous! Never mind, plenty to do this Autumn and winter to keep me warm!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Having a bit of a heatwave here! Just looked at the 24Hr forecast......55 Degrees fahrenheit in Newcastle at 3 o clock in the morning??????? Phew!!!
                  Last edited by Snadger; 05-12-2007, 12:07 AM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Bl**dy weather! Back to freezing cold, snow, sleet, wind, you name it we've had it!!!! Went to lottie today but didn't stray from the greenhouses, brrrrrrr!.....apart from adding a little bit of ammonia to my compost heap!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Well the permafrost seems to have finally lifted this morning! For about a week now the ground has beeen permanently frozen and the temperatures have hardly climbed above freezing point.
                      I've got my onion and leek seeds ready for sowing over the Crimbo hollies so hope to heck the heated propagator doesn't give up the ghost!
                      Loads to do at the mo, so looking forward to getting to the lottie!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Bloody orrible today!

No inclination to go out in the cold and damp! And what's worse, I have to get up at 7 o clock in the morning to start back at work. I've had about 10 days of lying in...........so it's going to be hard!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

definitely wellies weather, dank, 'orrible and cold. Managed 1/2 hour check of allotment before the rain saw me off. Wish I had a shed

Comment

Brass monkey weather, sayin' nothin' else!

Comment

Doom and gloom here agian! Dark mornings, dark nights and cold wet and miserable weather in between.

I'm beginning to think the squirrels and bears have got it right, nice and snug in there Winter hibernation!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Practically balmy here today compared to yesterday! At least 10 degrees warmer..........long may the heatwave stay!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X