No announcement yet.

North West

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain rain rain the bottom of the plot is under a couple of inches of water - I may have to employ a life guard if it doesn't stop soon!
    2 sisters
    1 allotment
    0 idea

Comment

Friday was rain and gales, yesterday just rain and then today the wind is back up but at least the rain has stopped so managed to get up the plot to discover that the sorrel and Welsh onions I grew last year have come through again

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

it must be starting to warm up cos the weeds are coming.
        my overwintering parsley seedlings are starting to grow in the cold frame now though.

i'm going to dig in the ryegrass this weekend so i can cover up ready for sowing out in mid march.

i want to spend half term setting up the perennial herb bed from the potted collection overwintering in the cold frame.

this will be my first year planting in the garden at the start of the growing season and i would welcome some guidelines for locals about roughly how far behind recommended veg sowing dates as a guide. i'm sowing in raised beds in a pretty sheltered garden under plastic cloches or cold frames if needed. i'm getting twitchy fingers to be starting, but i guess later sowings soon catch up.

warm regards to all
        peter

Comment

Slight overnight frost, followed by strong wind, oh yes more of the wet stuff

paul.
          Help Wildlife.
          Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

we are forecast snow on monday

Comment

nice sun today.
              the first day of the year the sun is coming over the fence is hitting the whole of the 2 raised beds. nice

p

Comment

Another wet & windy weekend forecast

paul.
                Help Wildlife.

Comment

oh no
                  the ground here is still sopping wet and i still can't get my blackberry and loganberry in.
                  p

Comment

Have you seen the forecast for this weekend

we have heavy snow!!

Comment

snow :O

Heavy rain forecast for all saturday morning here at the mo, so that means I'll be a foot taller after a couple of hours on the plot in the afternoon

Comment

Blast! I did actually want to get out this weekend and do stuff, but after looking at the weather forecast, I don't think I will be!!

How annoying that today has been lovely, and I've been stuck in my office; but on my 2 days off, the weather is atrocious!!

Comment

Raining here but has big snow flakes mixed in.

Comment

a glorious morning in the lancashire garden.
                            bout time and sun in starting to hit the beds properly now.
                            i got afternoon sun and morning shade but very sheltered and a sun trap.
                            hope you got out in it too.
                            regards
                            p

Comment

We do seem to be betwix-between the seasons at the moment! yesterday dull windy am
                              from mid-day warm and sunny! Today sunday heavy rain am, pm strong wind, cloudy heavy showers. Forcast from Country File for next week, Colder with some morning frost!! But dry most of the week. A bit of warmth would be so nice, for the seeds as well.

paul.
                              Help Wildlife.

Comment

beautiful here today in blackburn
                                i built a new raised bed just big enough to take an old window frame lid and was happily outside in a t shirt for a couple of hours. oh for more days like this.
                                my neighbour even did his first lawn cut of the year. but.. the soil here is still very wet, claggy and cold.
                                p

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X