North West

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frost???

Looks like we're expecting 4C on Friday night/Saturday morning.......first frost maybe????
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

The BBC site is claiming a min temperature of 9 for the weekend for me so I'm believing that one!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Over 2 years since anyone commented on weather in the North West?!
        We've definitely HAD weather since then....!

Today is cold, not quite freezing, but very bright and sunny with a clear blue sky atm

Comment

Today 11-50am, wind just died down! rain just got worse!!!!! and it's bl***y freezing!

Nr Preston.

paul.
          Help Wildlife.
          Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

About the same here pauco. The rain was just about sleet first thing this morning.. Brrrrrr!

Comment

Well what a frost this morning. Buta beautiful sunny day. So it was out with the fleece for the shrubs, and those i could lift put in the greenhouse for winter, well its better than an empty one! lol.

paul.
              Help Wildlife.

Comment

Well most of this week has been nearly Tropical lol. Tepm up very cloudy, lots of rain. No overnight frosts, snow all gone, somedays very cold wind, but hey it's still Jan.

paul.
                Help Wildlife.

Comment

It's so cloudy and dark today On a more positive note, my chard seems to have survived the recent cold

Comment

i'm just waiting for a day - seems like perpetual twilight this weekend.
                    p

Comment

Originally posted by eospete View Post
                      i'm just waiting for a day - seems like perpetual twilight this weekend.
                      p
                      Yes me too. The forecast looks a lot better for tomorrow

Comment

Back to hard overnight frosts!!!

paul.
                        Help Wildlife.

Comment

Was lovely hereabouts yesterday, cold but sunny, spent a good few hours on the plot, got 3 beds cleared, last night was freezing fog (not good to walk home from friends in), and today is bitterly cold, frosty and damp, had to retreat from the plot as too cold and wet to do anything!
                          Blessings
                          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                          Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                          Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                          On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Thwarted again Due to our weather pattern, i was hopping to give the Onion patch a last turn over, then put some compost on and tread it down then give it a light raking over! Sat morning came woke up looked out and Ooooh no! another overnight frost and a hard one! Compost, ground, rock hard. Hey ho, ain't this veg lark fun.

paul.
                            Help Wildlife.

Comment

More gales last night, and through to today But g/h still standing

paul.
                              Help Wildlife.

Comment

Our gales dropped in the early hours of this morning, but we've now got persistant rain... all day...
                                Last edited by OverWyreGrower; 05-02-2011, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X